Username: Password:

Author Topic: Replacement neck for Washburn Raven?  (Read 1712 times)

Offline bry57

• View Profile
Replacement neck for Washburn Raven?
« on: December 26, 2018, 08:38:05 AM »
Hi everyone, I need to replace the neck on my Washburn Raven, any recommendations on where to find a Raven neck or which necks are compatible?

Thanks,
Bruno

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Replacement neck for Washburn Raven?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:10 PM »
There's probably no stock look-alike replacement available. You kinda have to take what you get, or contact some luthier about hand-building a custom neck.

Warmoth has a few 3-3 versions. Their snakehead is really dorky (apparently based on the prototype Esquire/Tele), but the "Vortex" & "Warmoth" are decent, & maybe you'd rather have a Fender-style panhead.

If you want a "one-to-one" swap on any bolt-neck guitar made since the '70s, measure the old neck from the nut (where the string passes) to the center of the 12th fret, then double that, which gives the scale length. The only source I can find says his measures out at 630 mm, which works out to 24.8" a.k.a. the "Gibson scale" (LP, SG, 335).

Most replacement necks meant for Gibson or PRS, however, are NOT shaped to fit a bolt-on pocket. Warmoth isn't cheap, but they exclusively make bolt-on necks. If you go dig around on eBay, you'll quickly find some interesting options for under $100, often so-called "conversion" necks so Tele/Strat players could have the shorter Gibson scale.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline Mbechmann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I need to replace the neck on my Washburn Raven, any recommendations on where to find a Raven neck or which necks are compatible?

Thanks,
Bruno

Whats wrong with the neck you have now? I might have a few friends that can help you out. Send me a PM and we will take it from there.

Offline JosephWong

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 05:35:47 AM »
Nice Post 
My name is Joseph Wong and thanks for sharing this information.
Best Finance Assignment Help in Australia
Thanks.

Offline bry57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »
Whats wrong with the neck you have now? I might have a few friends that can help you out. Send me a PM and we will take it from there.

Thanks! The neck is warped, and the last luthier that saw it a couple years ago said there wasn't much left to do. I still want to take it to someone else first, but was considering my options. The guitar is quite beaten up but I really like it, and I'm afraid a new neck just won't be the same. Also, I'm based in Europe, so not sure your friends could still help... either way, I'll post back here if I really need to replace the neck.

Thanks for the tips on the neck replacements too, Tony!

Offline CharlieWilson

• View Profile
    • Locus Rags
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 01:29:31 AM »
Best Web and Mobile Application solution provider company Locus Rags

Offline ameliawang

• View Profile
    • https://exclusive-paper.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 05:24:45 AM »
Well, I hope I can get assistance here. I seek for a person who was awarded by the scholarship. I have a possibility to win a scholarship for studying at Georgetown University. However, I need to write an introductory essay. I would appreciate if someone shares the contacts of a reliable scholarship essay writing service.

Offline Minnie55

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 02:18:58 AM »
Warmoth has a few 3-3 versions. Their snakehead is really dorky (apparently based on the prototype Esquire/Tele), but the "Vortex" & "Warmoth" are decent, & maybe you'd rather have a Fender-style panhead.

If you want a "one-to-one" swap on any bolt-neck guitar made since the '70s, measure the old neck from the nut (where the string passes) to the center of the 12th fret, then double that, which gives the scale length. diebestetest.de

Offline apkdodo2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 06:03:45 AM »

<a href="http://apkdodo.com/">APKdodo</a>
<a href="http://apkdodo.com/">snaptube</a>
<a href="http://get-mobdro.com/">Mobdro</a>