Username: Password:

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Bizarre happening at our gig last night.  (Read 229 times)

Offline Aplam

• View Profile
[DISCUSSION] Bizarre happening at our gig last night.
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »
My band played a gig last night without our percussionist as he is ill. Usually, this is just fine as we are a folky/bluesy kind of outfit and we can usually get some clapping or stomping going if we need to. Before our second song, this very drunk (and probably stoned) dude snuck on stage and started playing when the song cued. The stage is kind of in a corner, so nobody noticed until he started playing. We were like WTF. Unfortunately it was a venue without any bouncers. I had to tell him to get the F out, but he was like 6'4" and aggressively plastered, so it took a little cajoling. The venue's promoter felt bad, apparently, and offered us another featured performance next month, which was really nice of them. 1337x KissAsian MangaStream

Offline JudgeShredd

• View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Bizarre happening at our gig last night.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »
When u say "started playing" what does that mean? was he any good? did he just grab a guitar and start shredding? did he know any songs? If he was too drunk, but could play, i might have jammed with him a little, if the audience would allow. Maybe tell him, ok you can play, but you have to sit down lol. I think you could have had alot of fun with this situation. Might have changed the course of someones life. But I wasn't there so, maybe it was too out of control. I've changed alot of how I look at things with what i've seen. For a few years now, I'm pretty much "go with the flow" followed by "nothing's written in stone".< I'm pretty sure this is what Rock and roll is all about.--look forward to your reply-h
"All you need to write the Blues is 2 chords and the truth"