Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is Rocksmith any good for seriously learning?  (Read 100 times)

Offline Aplam

• View Profile
Is Rocksmith any good for seriously learning?
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:15:34 AM »
As I am waiting for my first Guitar to finally arrive, I did watch some videos on Guitar-Stuff on Youtube and stumbled upon Rocksmith. I already heard of it, but always thought it was just a Guitar Hero clone, but apparently I was wrong. It's on sale on Steam, too, and Thomann sells a cable for it for ~10 bucks(whelp, just saw that only the original 40bucks cable works. guess rocksmith gotta wait for a while anyway), so i wondered if maybe I should buy it? I wasn't going to learn to play exclusively with it as I've already purchased an Ebook with which I wanted to learn, and someone I know (who, according to my father and a few other people from his generation, is the best guitarist in my city) is willing to play with me from time to time. I couldn't find any real review on youtube that could answer the question if it would be good to practice a bit with rocksmith, as most just were like "oh, yeah, I 100%ed this song, I feel like I am a better guitar-player now, 10/10". What would the more experienced guitarists on here say? Do you think I would get too dependent on rocksmith and it's interface or could it really help me to learn to a point where I could also play on stage?  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:43:58 AM by Aplam »