Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Monterey Acoustic Electric  (Read 216 times)

Offline Fuzzlydog

• View Profile
Washburn Monterey Acoustic Electric
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »
I have a Washburn Monterey acoustic electric. I bought it years ago but due to not using it very much have decided to sell it. It is in very nice condition but I have no idea what year it is. From the forums I have learned that early 80's had the old pickup system with the 2 control knobs next to the neck like this one, and mid eighties they went with a equalizer type. The printed number inside the body next to the George Washburn logo is E87592 and the printed numbers inside where the neck stock attaches are hard to read but the first number is a 8, the next number looks like a 2, and I'm guessing 3005 for the last 4. I'd love some help on the year and if anyone can give me a ballpark value that would be great. Pictures on dropbox. It's a spruce or cedar top, rosewood back and sides with the pointed cut-a-way, and mahogany neck. The Tuners have George Washburn printed on them.

Thanks to all who help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c4drrrs9sm39vgg/AADHTUegnRAMUWxhyq90eWJha?dl=0

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:01:10 PM by Fuzzlydog »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Re: Washburn Monterey Acoustic Electric
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:26:45 PM »
Here you go Fuzzlydog

EA30 MONTEREY
- single sharp cutaway dreadnought style, spruce top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe
purfling, five-stripe rosette, flame maple back/sides, mahogany neck, 21-fret rosewood fingerboard,
rosewood bridge with white pearl dot pins, three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, acoustic bridge
pickup, volume/tone control, 3-band EQ, available in Natural, Trans. Red, Trans. Blue, or Trans. Black
finishes, late 1980s-1991.
Grading 100%      Excellent      Average
             N/A      $325 - 375   $175 - 225
Last MSR was $730.

Offline DaveTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
I have a Washburn Monterey acoustic electric. I bought it years ago but due to not using it very much have decided to sell it. It is in very nice condition but I have no idea what year it is. From the forums I have learned that early 80's had the old pickup system with the 2 control knobs next to the neck like this one, and mid eighties they went with a equalizer type. The printed number inside the body next to the George Washburn logo is E87592 and the printed numbers inside where the neck stock attaches are hard to read but the first number is a 8, the next number looks like a 2, and I'm guessing 3005 for the last 4. I'd love some help on the year and if anyone can give me a ballpark value that would be great. Pictures on dropbox. It's a spruce or cedar top, rosewood back and sides with the pointed cut-a-way, and mahogany neck. The Tuners have George Washburn printed on them.

Thanks to all who help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c4drrrs9sm39vgg/AADHTUegnRAMUWxhyq90eWJha?dl=0

That looks almost the same as the one I had which was an EA44 Monterey,  which I purchased in 1980 here in Australia .... same 2-control pickup system with just volume & tone.   Mine was Tobacco Sunburst colour .... don't think I have a pic of it anywhere though.

Had it until 1984 when I used it as a trade-in on  the D62SW I still have.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »
More info on the Monterey's...

EA44 MONTEREY
- single sharp cutaway thin style, solid cedar top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe
purfling/rosette, rosewood back/sides, mahogany neck, 14/20-fret bound rosewood fingerboard with
pearl diamond inlay, rosewood bridge with white black pins, bound peghead with rosewood veneer,
three-per-side chrome tuners with pearl buttons, acoustic bridge pickup, Washburn 3200/EQ300/Equis
II electronics, available in Black, Natural, or Tobacco Sunburst finish, mfg. 1979-1985, 1987-89, 1992-
Grading  100%       Excellent           Average
              N/A       $500 - 575       $325 - 375
Last MSR was $1,100.
This model was introduced three separate times, so the description may vary a bit. It is one of the three
original Festival guitars and did not have the EA44 designation until the mid-1980s. In 1987, the EQ300
electronic system was introduced with sliders instead of knobs, and the guitar was only known as the
EA44. In 1992, the Equis II electronic system was introduced, and the guitar was known as both the
Monterey and EA44.