Username: Password:

Author Topic: Orchestra body size vs. Mini Jumbo (EA series) body size?  (Read 372 times)

Offline TConnelly

• View Profile
Orchestra body size vs. Mini Jumbo (EA series) body size?
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »
Greetings all.
Does anyone know how the dimensions for Washburns Orchestra size guitars compare to their Mini Jumbos (EA Series)? I have a Washburn case That my guitar teacher ordered for me for an Auditorium size guitar of another brand that I'd bought from him. It fits, kind-of. I thought I could live with it but it turns out I can't. I'm looking at Washburn guitars and I figured their grand auditorium models would fit the case. But it turns out they are way bigger. The festival Series mini jumbos fit ok. A little more roomy than I like but not too bad. There are a lot more options in the orchestra size but no one has one locally to see if it fits. Can anyone help?

Cheers........................Todd

Offline TConnelly

• View Profile
Re: Orchestra body size vs. Mini Jumbo (EA series) body size?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
Just to add, I did stumble on a seemingly old listing at Guitar Center that showed the EA20 Festival specs.
Fret-board radius: 16"
Upper bout: 10-11/16"
Waist: 9-1/8"
Lower bout: 14-15/16"
Depth: 4"
Total length; 39-3/4".

This matches the one Festival series guitar I looked at yesterday. BTW I measured the string spacing at the bridge on the three Washburns I looked at yesterday.....Come closer.....2-1/8" SHhhhh! :)

Also I like to ask if anyone knows the specs on the Folk size guitars. I promise I wont tell anybody!

Cheers...........................Todd