Username: Password:

Author Topic: Acoustic guitar price vs sound???  (Read 541 times)

Offline Nigan

• View Profile
Acoustic guitar price vs sound???
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:20:46 AM »
Hello everyone,,
Is there a linear or specific jump in quality between guitar price and sound as both go up. I know expensive guitars usually provide a better sound but when you would put it in graph, would it be a linear line or have specific mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ www.kodi.bio/ jumps between price segments?

I started out with a $70 dollar guitar which was fine for the basics. I then bought and still have an way better sounding guitar which cost about $350. The jump in quality is amazing.

I was thinking about buying an even better guitar but I was wondering how much the gap in sound would be when I would buy a $600, $800 or even $1000 dollar guitar. Would this blow my mind as big as my first upgrade, would it be worth the investment?

I know trying out in guitar stores is a good way to measure the quality but I'm sure there has to be a general outline on sound quality and price.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you can help me.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:52:09 PM by Nigan »

Offline Margaret55

• View Profile

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Acoustic guitar price vs sound???
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
In a word? "No." Or, at least, "probably not."

If you're planning to spend cash merely to spend cash, then you are what carnies have long called a mark, and every retailer in the world would like to be your friend. 8) If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, your focus might be more on bragging rights than quality.

I almost bought a used $3,100 luthier-built guitar that both felt and sounded incredible. But my $250 Aria holds its own in real-world play against guitars that cost ten times as much, and as I am neither an artiste or doing studio work, it suits my actual needs just fine.

IMO, if you've got a bit of $$$ and want quality, you ought to begin by finding a skilled luthier -- an actual experienced guitar-making artisan -- in your area.

No, I'm not saying to have a guitar made. However, what you SHOULD do is find a decent-enough guitar, something that sounds okay but feels really nice to your fretting hand, then take it to the luthier for a proper upgrade. Like, reset the neck, reset the bridge plate, put in bone nut and saddle, plane the braces, level and dress the frets. That stuff will cost a few hundred dollars, and it will almost always turn a mediocre (but well-constructed) acoustic into a tone monster that'll make you weep with joy, and I'm really not exaggerating. :o
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/