Username: Password:

Author Topic: Building Washburn 3st Dimebag Stealth with Guitar Template (huge pic)  (Read 757 times)

Offline Paulgrey

• View Profile
Building a 3ST Washburn Dimebag replica Stealth (made a guitar template to share) Pics are huge..

I've started this thread over due to too many updates to the Stealth template. I recently updated it again the tuning peg holes were to far from the edge of the head stock, I also modified the head stock slightly to be a bit longer.

I spent a few hours this week trying to get the template as accurate as possible. I'm a total noob with building anything out of wood and am overwhelmed by all the measurements needed. I'm hoping that some one here can help me get the bridge position correct and pickup route correct & the neck pocket correct, etc. It's going to be a Warmoth multi-piece mahogany bolt-on neck. I am hopefully going to build the body on my own out of mahogany. I have no wood shop but I'm looking for a local shop to help me out.

Any and all advice is welcomed. Feel free to use the template.

I will have to glue on extra width to the paddle head stock to achieve the large 3st head stock. Carvin & Warmoth can not make a larger paddle head stock unfortunately but they loved my template.

I'll been crunching the numbers and it will cost around 1000$ Canadian + shipping cost for every thing + template printing cost + painting cost + bag or case.

That is including the Warmoth neck. It would cost even more if I was to go with a Carvin neck thru or bolt on.

I only have about a grand in savings it might be awhile before I get to building It. I just need more cash.
Well at least these templates are out there if any needs them.

If I was wealthier I would maybe get Ran guitars to build one up for me with these templates (no offence to Dean Guitars). Even then I would not want to give up the the joy of building my own. I always wanted to build a guitar especially this one. I kinda wish Washburn still made these.

I tried to get it as accurate as possible using a 1:1 size Gibson template. The dimensions should be accurate in size since I used the Gibson template in 1:1 full size for accuracy. The neck Pocket in the template is accurate to Warmoth's strat neck pocket.

Small preview pic.

1:1 scale

Here is a Photoshop file and full sized template jpeg that you can use to create your own templates (takes a bit of photoshop skills).

Link to Photoshop file (It's in a RAR file)--->https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/803926/new%203%20Stealth%203st%20washburn%20dimebag%20guitar%20template%20full%20size%20compete%20Brunette.rar
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:46:08 PM by Paulgrey »

Offline Paulgrey

• View Profile
I updated the template recently ^

Offline Webtechcoupons

• View Profile
Considerably more fascinating stuff to peruse and I am so pleased to be here and to see this Hostinger coupon codes amazing post. much obliged, sir for this kind data

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
Hi Webtech It's a guitar site you TOSSER. go talk with other bitches