Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just brought my first bass home today!!!  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Lambes

• View Profile
    • http://www.kissonline.com
Just brought my first bass home today!!!
« on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:41 PM »
hey guys wats up! i just bought a washburn hammerhead  RB-2002 any one know if there good or not i bought a crate amp that isa 50 watter any suggenstons on any easy music to start out with|?

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:49:11 PM »
Those are nice basses, but I heard that some had electronic problems. These might have gotten fixed by the time the '02 models came out. After a while you'll need an amp with more watts. Start out reading music and fool around noodling in your spare time. In about a year or two you'll be able to play out. Also, it's important to know the chord patterns for walking. Good deal?
no frets?

Offline gettinaxb102

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »
[:p]   Just don't be afraid to dick around.  Play what you like, when you want.  50 watts is plenty unless you play with a metal band.  I use 35 and it works fine (I play with acoustic lovers, As I am a dispatch lover)  Learning to read as many cleffs is of utmost importance though.  As a naval officer I know says Take some time to dance like noone is watching!  Apply that to bass, and frisbee, and everything will be alright for your musical future.

PS: find some guys who play acoustic guitar, go frisbee (golfing or otherwise) and talk music, and you will learn a lot of the things that teachers forget they need to teach you.
Best day ever:  Frisbee golf, jamming, frisbee catch, chilling, and then end it with a personal jam session.