Username: Password:

Author Topic: What neck to replace one on Force ABT B-15?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Kyrael

• View Profile
What neck to replace one on Force ABT B-15?
« on: August 12, 2005, 03:42:06 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post on these forums, nice to be here.  

I've had a sad day.  I got into my jazz class looking forward to a good day of playing, when disaster struck... my bass got left unguarded for about 2 minutes, and managed to get DROPPED...  I watched as the stock snapped...  Now I'm going to have to replace the neck, which was destined anyway, as it was warped...  My question is, where can I get a suitable replacement for my neck?  And if at all possible, a neck that has more than the standard amount of frets?  Thank you for your time, and if the info is needed, the serial number on my old neck was 8070195.

I'd also appreciate anything that can be told to me about the age of my guitar, its value if it were in mint condition, and any other various bits.  Thank you.

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:29:19 AM »
1980. You can get a replacement neck from Warmouth I think. You have to draw out your own headstock on the blank, but with a jigsaw it's not too tough. You could pay a woodworking shop to cut that out to the original shape. Just take your old one with you.
no frets?

Offline Kyrael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 09:28:18 PM »
Yeah, it's fretted, couldn't play a defretted bass, and I don't know if I would want to... I'm one of the few that doesn't quite care for fretless.