Username: Password:

Author Topic: trus rod?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline anghel

• View Profile
trus rod?
« on: August 20, 2005, 09:33:04 AM »
hello everybody, i got an xb400 bass, second hand, and i have problems with the neck adjustment ... maybe the trus rod is broken? what happens exactly when a trus rod is broken? if i try to adjust the neck it only works between the 1-5 frets and after the 12'th fret it stays allways crowned ..[xx(] ... here is the drawing of the neck
http://www.freres.go.ro/the_neck.gif [:(!] how to insert image here?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:23:53 PM by anghel »

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
trus rod?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:27:01 AM »
Yeah, I couldn't download your image. There is an Insert Image thingy just above the color choice on the reply page. It's a yellow block with a black arrow. You might want to try that.

Your truss rod could be broken or you might have to adjust your bridge a little, too. Did you turn it with the strings loosened? You should never turn it with the strings tight. Turn it a quarter turn then tighten the strings to see how the action is, then another quarter turn after loosening the strings, etc. Let us know how it turns out. Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been busy this year.
no frets?

Offline anghel

• View Profile
trus rod?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »
hello, thanks for answering, if you copy/paste the image link (http://www.freres.go.ro/the_neck.gif)  into a new browser you will see it. it is not a bridge adjustment problem,i tried everything but i never saw a broken trus rod, that's the problem.

I'm allmost sure that the neck is broken, but i need some information about how it is looking and working when it is broken, and if i have change the trus rod, or the entire neck, etc.

thanks.[;)]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 09:48:19 PM by anghel »

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
trus rod?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 06:34:50 AM »
They still won't let me see your image. I keep getting server not found. I guess the only way to know if the truss rod is broken is if it turns very freely. Usually they are relatively tight and you can tell it's turning and getting tighter, etc. You might be able to get another neck on eBay. I've seen them for sale and they are not usually very much. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
no frets?