Username: Password:

Author Topic: XB500  (Read 2306 times)

Offline mickjh

• View Profile
XB500
« on: September 30, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »
There have been a few posts on this bass already, but I just want to confirm a couple of things...
The controls are (viewed as played)...

<NECK>  <PICKUP>   <PICKUP> <BRIDGE>
             volume  pickup blend ??
             EQ-Lo   EQ-Hi      

The pickup blend control has a centre detent at which there is no output from either pickup. Then as the control is wound to either end, the respective pickup output increases...is this right ???
I would have thought that this control would mix the two pickups output.

bass - the final frontier

Offline Fourstring

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheManyFacetsofPoindexter
XB500
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 12:27:36 AM »
That should be pick up blend and you should have equal volume from both the neck and bridge pickups.  You could simply have some dust in there that is clogging the knob.  Either that or the copper inside is corroded at the connections.  Since both pickups drop off there, then resume past that point, I'd say dust is the problem.  Worse case scenario is to replace the knob.  $5 for the knob and $30 if you have a shop do it.  
That is weird and I've never quite seen(or heard) that before.  Good luck.

what do I think about when i play?  Left finger, right finger, left finger, thumb...Doh!

http://www.freetimes.com/index.php?module=FormExpress&func=display_form&form_id=11

GO here to vote for me as Best Bassist in the Cleveland Free Times Music Awards!!!

Offline mickjh

• View Profile
XB500
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 03:06:16 PM »
After much researching on blend pot wiring and multimeter probing I believe the blend pot is U/S. Does anyone know the type/value of the pot ? I know its a dual gang with probably a linear taper (because of the extra resistors on the little circuit board its mounted on)