Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thinking of a new guitar  (Read 1818 times)

Offline mattyt2485

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« on: December 13, 2005, 03:06:09 PM »
Hey everyone, I am thinking about getting a new guitar yet I am clueless on what to get.  I started playing almost a year ago now I have a cheap acoustic and a cheap electric right now both from Sam Goody.  I want to go the acoustic route and don't really want to go crazy on the price...any suggestions?

Offline Styles

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »
Hey Mattyt2485 ....

Upgrading is one of the most exciting things.... I personally like geting the best frikin deal out there...

I sugest go to a dealer beat on all the guitars.. take down prices of ones you like.... Then search the net search the newspapers... Search until you get if for at least half price or cheaper...

Who needs a new guitar unless you want to preserve it... I personally never minded blemishes or buckle scratches as long as it sound cherry who cares... My pocket book is fat and my guitar sounds great...
If your a beginer then don't look for the best.... just a lot better than one your playing now... Unless that deal of a life time comes around... and they doooo,,
So good luck finding a good deal on a guitar..

Offline Western

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:55:13 PM »
Well, how about custom tuning and a moneyback guarrantee?
http://www.zagerguitar.com
Best Wishes, Western
Washburn D10SCELH
Washburn X50ProLH

Offline mattyt2485

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »
Hey thanks for the help all

Offline Tony Burns

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 05:50:25 PM »
You dont want to hear this but:

Thou they are exspensive -  when you buy a used Martin at a fair price, you can always get what you paid for it- and you,ll have the best tone that a guitar can have - check guitar prices in the annual guitar blue book, they repeatedly retail value better than any used instrument- buy the best and never look back !

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Thinking of a new guitar
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 02:29:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Burns

You dont want to hear this but:

Thou they are exspensive -  when you buy a used Martin at a fair price, you can always get what you paid for it- and you,ll have the best tone that a guitar can have - check guitar prices in the annual guitar blue book, they repeatedly retail value better than any used instrument- buy the best and never look back !

There's some good Martins, but there's some not so hot ones as well. I played a HD28 in one shop that was great and played another in another shop that was poor. Play a whole bunch of 'em and make sure you get a good one.