Username: Password:

Author Topic: dime  (Read 1620 times)

Offline deimo

• View Profile
dime
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:45:47 PM »
jus lookin fer sum info on dimes transfer over to washburn..ie...when, howlong, y , how much....
and on ya neone have problems with there ENTRY LEVEL dime bag signiture dont worrie i did too..then i gutted it and made to my personal likeings...dime wouldve wanted me to do so..
later[8][xx(][}:)]
jp

Offline Accept2

• View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/accept2/sets/72157601034910181/
dime
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:11:19 AM »
Dime came to Washburn beacause Washburn was in the process of buying Dean Guitars. At the time, Dean was bankrupt, and Dean Zelinsky was building furniture. Zelinsky didnt like the terms of the purchase agreement and instead sold the Dean name to Tropical. From what Ive heard the deal with Washburn was to involve reopening a Dean custom shop and making limited runs in CHicago, supervised and ran by Dean himself. The Tropical deal was much more lucrative involving no imvolvement from Dean Zelinsky at all, but mass producing import guitars and sending him a royalty check for use of the name. The guitar business isnt one in which you make a ton of money so its not surprising that he choose Tropical. There was way more cash to be had that way. That was about 1995. He stayed until 2005, and was let go. No matter how many times they redesigned the Dime guitars, they just didnt sell well. He signed with Dean, and about 10 or 20 days later he was shot by that mentalcase............

Offline Evil D

• View Profile
dime
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 11:50:54 AM »
I think some of the reasons the dimes never sold well was that the Korean models weren't that great of guitar for the money.  Who wants to pay $1000 for a new dime that has a terrible photo finish and a chrome 600s, when they gan get a real wood finish and a licensed floyd trem for less on a different Washburn?