Username: Password:

Author Topic: I GOT MY J-7  (Read 2117 times)

Offline daveball1

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:26:06 PM »
I just received my J-7. This guitar is sweet. It plays and looks and feels like a much more expensive piece. The maple back is Burl (don't know if thats right) and is matched. Its gorgeous. Rock-a-billy, jazz, whatever you play would work with this guitar. Whenever it makes it to the stores, you definitely should give it a look. You won't regret it. My only complaint is that Washburn would put out a 1300.00 guitar as nice as this one and send it with a gig bag.Where's the protection? This isn't even a great bag. Maybe someone from Washburn could answer this.(Browndog?) I've been in sales all my life and I would be embarrased to bring this bag out after I sold a guitar like this. The dealer I got this from agrees and is trying to find me one that will fit. Washburn does't have a HSC that fits this guitar. Figure that out. If you want a Gibson 175 and can't afford it, give this a try. Years ago I had a 175 and sold it to get a down payment on a Vette. It made sense at the time. I'm not saying the J-7 is equal to a 175. I'm saying there are some similarities and you won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:36:01 PM by daveball1 »

Offline nick2

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:20:43 PM »

Where did you find a J7 for sale?  I've been curious about this guitar.  Washburn still has it up on its website (sort of), but one online retail site shows it as already discontinued.  Anybody know what's up with the new J7.

Nick

Offline daveball1

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
I ordered and bought it from Naples Park Music in Florida. Supposedly they've only shipped a few. Who said they were discontinued?

Dave
quote:
Originally posted by nick2

Where did you find a J7 for sale?  I've been curious about this guitar.  Washburn still has it up on its website (sort of), but one online retail site shows it as already discontinued.  Anybody know what's up with the new J7.

Nick

Offline nick2

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:17:34 AM »

The guitar w/photo is listed online at Elevation Music for $749 w/gig bag, but it also says that it is discontinued and no longer for sale there.

Here's a link: http://www.elevation-music.com/waj7hoelguww.html

I couldn't find any others for sale online. Have they come and gone already!!!

Nick

Offline smoldersi

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »
Can you put a picture of your guitar on this forum?[;)]

Grtz,

Ivo

Offline shaulin

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »

'08 Washburn WM526 (White)
'08 Washburn WM526 (Ferrari Red)
'09 Washburn WI568
'09 Washburn WI590

Offline nick2

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »
The link in my previous message has a picture of the J7.  Also, I've seen a couple listed for sale on ebay in the past month or so.  Nick

Offline daveball1

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 09:55:47 PM »
I'd be happy to post some pictures of the J7 if someone would explain to me exactly how to do it. I read the post from browndog on storing it elsewhere  but where would that elsewhere be? I just need a little guidance.

Thanks,

Dave

Offline Drefen

• View Profile
I GOT MY J-7
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »
Go to photobucket, sign up, and upload your pictures to their site.   Then look at your pictures on their site, right underneath the pictures is a serie of links you can use.  One says IMG code.  Copy the text out of that box and paste it into your message.  It will have [i.mg] before the picture and [/i.mg] after the picture but will not have periods.  I just put those the to keep it from looking for a picture.

Thats it