Username: Password:

Author Topic: schaller floyd rose excellent or plain crap?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline WhiteTrash

• View Profile
schaller floyd rose excellent or plain crap?
« on: November 07, 2003, 06:00:35 PM »
Alright I will be getting my Dime 3 in strait out of manufacturing in about a week here and I am pretty sure that It will have a schaller floyd rose on it. I have heard great things and horrible things about this system. I want to hear whats your encounters are instead of reviews from bs sites that picked up the guitar for 5 min and judged how it played. This way I can find out what I have gotten myself into.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 06:19:08 PM by WhiteTrash »
DECADENCE IS A VIRTUE!

Offline Accept2

• View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/accept2/sets/72157601034910181/
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 06:46:15 PM »
All real Floyds are made by Schaller. If you want a Floyd you can either get a Taiwanesse made liecensed copy or the Schaller. What more is there to say?..................

Offline willr666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »

The Taiwanese are made by 'Ping' - that said, from doing a lot
of research on the web, it would seem that OFRs or Ibanez Edges are
the best (I personally think the Ibanez is better).  It means much less that the trems are built by the same company than it does that
they are built do the same specs.

And I will be dropping an Edge into my NX3 (appears to be a simple
drop-in).

tc
Will

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Accept2

All real Floyds are made by Schaller. If you want a Floyd you can either get a Taiwanesse made liecensed copy or the Schaller. What more is there to say?..................

[:0][:p][;)]

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
The Schaller system is ok but not my favorite. IMO the best of the Floyd systems was the old Kahler Steeler. The Schaller system drives me nuts with the slight bit of play it has between the base plate and the screw down arm socket. The origional Floyds and Kahler Steelers with the screw down nut on the arm don't have this play. I have owned several guitars over the years with the Schaller systems and all have some play. Most will never notice this but I hold the bar in my hand between the little and ring finger many times as I pick the notes. While I'm doing this the slight play in the Schallers drive me NUTS!!

Washburn USA's 1995 MG 100,102,120,122, 1994 One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , LS 93 Silverado, 1999 WM4.
Carvin Customs 1991 and 1990 X220C's 2002 DC400
Ibanez MIJ RG 7621 7 string.
Amps
Fender Custom Shop Prosonic combo and late 80's Fender 2/12, Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 head and a Yamaha 4/12.
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
Carvin  1990 X220C, 2002 DC 400
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Fender 2000 American Standard Strat, 2014 Modern Player Tele
Amps
 Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet
Boogie Subway Rocket combo, Boogie .50 cal + head

Offline franzeee

• View Profile
    • http://www.FranzHoff.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »
Schaller is German made. The Germans know their steel. I have had a couple of guitars with Schalers and they have all been very stable and solid. They also hold up really well. I don't really like my original Floyd. It feels off to me. Not sure what specifically, but for some reason the schaller feels better to me.
My 2.5 cents.

Franz
www.FranzHoff.com
Music•Poetry•Musician Resources•More!
The Gear: Washburn CT4, Washburn CT5 (out of commission), Amercian Texas Special Fat Strat, American Hamer Centurion (for sale), USA Jackson RR, Carvin DC200, ESP LTD M107, Kraven (my frankenstrat), Cordoba CLassical, Larivee Acoustic 6, Ibanez acoustic 12.
Franz

"In having everything, we often find nothing; in having nothing, we often find everything."

Offline woodstock1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:47:49 AM »
ibz are good bridges....well-designed....a couple of low-profile types, too.....these sre probably made in korea......i have a bc rich with a kahler pivot bridge.....[strange adjustments with a hex key from the back of the guitar......best to judge for yourself as to whether a bridge is cool for your playing style......many floyd types always for sale on ebay.....
jgj