Username: Password:

Author Topic: jam time  (Read 5462 times)

Offline 3024174

• View Profile
jam time
« on: January 16, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »
is anyone from kansas that would like to jam. i usually jaam with my dad who plays the drums and his friend who plays the bass, but its hard when they like different music than me. i would like to play music with someone who is around my age that like the same music as i do.          
                  dan
Daniel Weston

Offline Styles

• View Profile
jam time
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »
Hey Dan....

Have you looked into any local open mic nights.... You usually find a good asortment of ages and playing styles... Its a good start and they are usually really friendly and have jams at the end of the night.. Plus they are always looking to jam with someone for practice..

Good Luck and Rock on.....[8D]

Offline SteamTone

• View Profile
jam time
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:00:25 AM »
I'm a Kansan myself.  Dan, you're going to have to be more specific if you want people to interact with you.  If you want to jam with someone who is your own age and shares musical tastes, then you're going to have to let people know what age you are and what music you're desiring to play.  Judging by your use of the English language and your punctuation, you're probably young.  Nothing is wrong with that at all, mind you.  There are always young ones out there.

I am in my twenties.  I play traditional honky-tonk, country & western, jazz, and rockabilly.  I've been playing guitar for 16 years.  I started out strumming along to Hank Williams and Johnny Cash records.  I don't cater to much music produced after 1960 and have a music collection of aver 3500 78s and 1000 CDs.  I'm a music hound.  I guess I'd be deemed as a music historian.  Sometimes I'm called an elitist.  I concentrate on early to mid 1900s music very hard.

So, if you're still interested in playing, this is up your alley, and I'm your age; there you have it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:21:44 PM by SteamTone »
The days of iron men, and wooden ships.

Offline Hughes

• View Profile
jam time
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »
Wichita, KS, here.  Anybody know where any local open mic nights are at?