Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cedar Rapids IA  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Vestopal

• View Profile
Cedar Rapids IA
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:13 PM »
Anybody out there in CR looking to jam?  I play rhythm guitar, bass, tambourine, sticks, rocks, shakers of any kind, desktops, chair seats and buckets [;)]

Figured I'd ask....Just moved here in March.

Randy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:48:52 PM by Vestopal »

Offline kydcarern

• View Profile
Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:35:34 PM »
By no means ready to jam, but am looking for ideas as to what to look for in purchasing my first guitar.  I am thinking of an acoustic or acoustic-electric.  I was told to buy a solid top and something with good quality tuners.  Suggestions?  In CR, is there a good, affordable store?  My husband and I live about 30 min. from there.  Thanks.
Play happy, play long.

Offline Vestopal

• View Profile
Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 09:22:34 AM »
Hi,

To tell you the truth, I haven't been to all the stores in the area that I know of.  But there are a couple used gear places (Music go Round and Somewhere in Iowa) and some traditional music (school band) stores that sell guitars.  You'll have better luck negotiating prices at the used places but may not get much (if any) warranty.  Sorry this isn't much help but it's all I got to offer on the topic.

Good luck.  There are some good threads on this site that offer things to consider when purchasing a (first?) guitar.  Check it out.

[:)]

Offline ROCKHRDFVR

• View Profile
Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:58 AM »
Ready to jamb any time you are. Email me if you are serious.

Offline ROCKHRDFVR

• View Profile
Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »
Oh by the way. I am located in CR and know a few musicians in town. Used to play in bands in midwest in the 70's. could get a drummer and bass player to join in. We can make some good noise or just turn everything up louder.