Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anybody around Birmingham Alabama?  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
Anybody around Birmingham Alabama?
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:51:24 PM »
Yell [;)][:D]!
I was on the Carvin BBS before all the changes about a year and a half ago. A bunch of us all got together once a year and had Souteastern Carvin Bashes in Atlanta. Many of us who were involved in the Atlanta bashes got the left foot of fellowship from the now mods and admins over there in the last year or so and it won't happen this year.  Any intrest in putting together something like that for Washburn guys and girls over here ?
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
Carvin  1990 X220C, 2002 DC 400
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Fender 2000 American Standard Strat, 2014 Modern Player Tele
Amps
 Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet
Boogie Subway Rocket combo, Boogie .50 cal + head

Offline bigoldron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:50:02 PM »
I'd like to say that I'd participate, but probably wouldn't get to. The wife keeps a tight rein on me - scared I might have too much fun...

Not all of us are young, free metalheads. Some of us are old farts, who dig out on Southern and Classic Rock. Many of us are married with kids and the usual debts, but we still like to jam out when we can.

If you can get it together, I'll try. 'Course, I'd be happy just find out if there's any Washburn fans in this area...

Rock on!
Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn House of Blues Electric
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bigoldron

I'd like to say that I'd participate, but probably wouldn't get to. The wife keeps a tight rein on me - scared I might have too much fun...

Not all of us are young, free metalheads. Some of us are old farts, who dig out on Southern and Classic Rock. Many of us are married with kids and the usual debts, but we still like to jam out when we can.

If you can get it together, I'll try. 'Course, I'd be happy just find out if there's any Washburn fans in this area...

Rock on!

Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass

Not to worry man I am 48 and a Church player so I understand. Most of the guys from the old Carvin BBS who attended the bashes were older folks and in about the same shape. A wheedle deedle whankfest ego trippin GC style shoot out would be MISERY for me. Now some mature guys ( or girls[;)] )who want to get together for a day,grab some Pizza, check out some cool gear, hang out and maybe jam a little now THAT's a different story[;)]!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:51:59 PM by Ascension »
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Amps

Offline bigoldron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Amen to that. I checked out your posts on SoundClick. You've definitely impressed me.

I'm a Baptist and I'm trying to get something band-wise going at our church. But you know how FAST change goes. The Second Coming may happen before I make too much headway. There's other churches here that I could go to in order to have a place to play, but this is my church and it's got too many other things going for it that my 2 girls enjoy to make a switch.

Anyway, I'll keep pluggin' along and one day we'll be Jammin' for Jesus on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work!
Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bigoldron

Amen to that. I checked out your posts on SoundClick. You've definitely impressed me.

I'm a Baptist and I'm trying to get something band-wise going at our church. But you know how FAST change goes. The Second Coming may happen before I make too much headway. There's other churches here that I could go to in order to have a place to play, but this is my church and it's got too many other things going for it that my 2 girls enjoy to make a switch.

Anyway, I'll keep pluggin' along and one day we'll be Jammin' for Jesus on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work!

Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass

Ron where are you? We played City Stages last year and there are several places I moonlight as a worship player around Birmingham maybe we can hook up sometime. I have tons of chord charts sheet music ect for the modern worship stuff if you need something.
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Amps

Offline bigoldron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 08:39:22 AM »
I'm in a small town called Donalsonville in Southwest Georgia, about 35 miles east of Dothan, AL. I've got some friends at another church here in town that has worship services similar to what you do. Being a small town, we've gotten the opportunity to get together and do a few things, so they've been a good resource. The churches around town get together on 5th Sunday nights and do nothing but music with a 10-15 minute devotion at the end. It's a good service and a lot of fun.

If you ever get to the Dothan area, I'll be glad to try to get together. Maybe one day, we'll make a trip to Birmingham...

Ronnie
Bigoldron
----------
My Babies:
Washburn WI64DL
Washburn G30
Silvertone LB11 Bass