Username: Password:

Author Topic: need a little help from the vets out there.  (Read 1276 times)

Offline kdp59

• View Profile
need a little help from the vets out there.
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »
I got a Washburn WD-45S a week ago or so. Nice loking and sounding guitar, except I'm getting a creaking sound when I put any pressure on the bridge. I don't know how to describe the sound except that way. Even normal finger picking, gives me this annoying creaking.

I thought maybe it would go away  after a few days as the guitar settled after being tuned up. Still there, so I loosened and then re-set the strings, tuned it up...no help.

I am concerned there may be a problem with the bridge (or even the top), bracing, glueing,etc....but I simply don't have enough experience in acoustics to know if I am just being paraniod or if there is a problem. I can send the guitar back and hopefully get another of the same model, if there is a problem.

Any help or info would be appreciated as I can't seem to find any info online about my particular problem.
My gear:
Washburn WM-100
Washburn WI-64DL
Charvel Traditional
BCRich NJClassic Bich
Washburn D-21SZ

Son's gear:
BCRich NJ Warlock
Charvel A+ Pro
Minarik Diablo
Washburn D-21SZ

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/kdp59/?

Offline rrothjr

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kdp59

I got a Washburn WD-45S a week ago or so. Nice loking and sounding guitar, except I'm getting a creaking sound when I put any pressure on the bridge. I don't know how to describe the sound except that way. Even normal finger picking, gives me this annoying creaking.

I thought maybe it would go away  after a few days as the guitar settled after being tuned up. Still there, so I loosened and then re-set the strings, tuned it up...no help.

I am concerned there may be a problem with the bridge (or even the top), bracing, glueing,etc....but I simply don't have enough experience in acoustics to know if I am just being paraniod or if there is a problem. I can send the guitar back and hopefully get another of the same model, if there is a problem.

Any help or info would be appreciated as I can't seem to find any info online about my particular problem.

kpt:
You would do well to send it back and get a replacement. That does sound like a structural problem; not a settling problem.

rick

Offline Ultimate Garage Band

• View Profile
    • http://www.ultimategarageband.com
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 10:46:26 AM »
When you losened the strings was that just on the tuning peg posts or did you also pull the bridge pins and reseat them there as well?  Does the saddle have any slop in it?  It shouldn't.  If you've done the above then I'd send it back too.

jimsmithsr

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:50:33 AM »
Absolutely send it back!

Offline kdp59

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »
thanks guys,
 I did send it back, I hated too as I think the guitar looks GREAT and had good action out of the case.

Of course I wanted to exchange and was assured by ZMusic 123 that thye had plenty of them in stock and they would exchange it for me.

Thne the next day I check their website.....what do you know....they are sold out of the Wd45S!

When I called to ask if I would still get an exchange (fat chance I know) they pretty much said too bad, too sad.

I suppose I should have just ordered another one that day, so it is my fault to not have bene pro-active on this, however I specifically asked the CSR on the phone to check as I was concerned they would sell out. She said no problem of that happening as she just checked stock and they had plenty.....man they must have had a Smoking day they on those guitars...LOL.

Oh well thanks again for the help.

PS: I did pick up one of those D21SZ they were blowing out for $99 (no case). Got it fine and it plays about the same as the WD 45 , however the looks take some time to get used to,IMO.
My gear:
Washburn WM-100
Washburn WI-64DL
Charvel Traditional
BCRich NJClassic Bich
Washburn D-21SZ

Son's gear:
BCRich NJ Warlock
Charvel A+ Pro
Minarik Diablo
Washburn D-21SZ

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/kdp59/?