Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tarajaaa  (Read 4173 times)

Offline rodfoo

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »
what the hell is this company selling??? Not a product worth a damn.. much less a company that wants to talk to its customers.

Four days.. not a human to talk to... wow... just like a musical wal-mart

Offline rodfoo

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »
has anyone bought their crappy Target brand stuff? I've just had 2 new sets of string bust in my face.. Just a cut finger...thank God... but damn.. don't put your name on a crappy product unless you sell it in a crappier place than Target... when we can get a set of decent.. and barely decent strings from Ernie Ball... much less ... talk to your customers.. ... alot of us have been playing for years.. and just want our fiddles to sound like the rust is off... but if you keep selling this crap with your name on it, and not giving us an option to tell you about it,... well... what the hell then? I'm sure you at Washburn don't know too much about this, but you should investigate.. before your name turns sour.

A Washburn lover,
Rod

Offline Styles

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:46:58 AM »
Well help us out...

What exactly did you buy from Target???

A guitar, strings ?????

Did you talk to target.... How long since you bought what broke???

Rock on......[8D]

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:01:51 PM »
I just called and talked to Stacy in customer service. No problem getting through...as usual. If you buy any brand of guitar from Target, or the cheaper ones from anywhere like that, expect to get what you pay for.

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/stacypuckett
Tarajaaa
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »
The Lyon guitars sold at Target are comparable to the Gibson guitars you will find at Circuit City, or any other bigbox chain that has jumped online with every major guitar manufacturer in the country.  

They are manufactured to be able to sell in the lower price bracket that all of America is clamoring for thanks to chains like Walmart.  

Considering the number that we sell, and the returns we get on them, they are overall not a 'bad' product line at all, and have a low return rate.  That being said, you do get what you pay for.  Don't expect to get a guitar ready to play in a stadium in a 'bix box' retail chain.  Consult a local dealer.

If you're looking for something to learn on, it should be fine.  If there's any problem, contact us at 1-800-877-6863.  We stand behind the warranty on these instruments the same as every other Washburn.

Stacy - Washburn Customer Service Rep.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:53:03 PM by deltacaster »

Offline Tweeky

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by rodfoo

what the hell is this company selling??? Not a product worth a damn.. much less a company that wants to talk to its customers.

Four days.. not a human to talk to... wow... just like a musical wal-mart

[:D][:D][:D]...Go on,your really Jazzman ain't you![;)][;)][:D]
It's not the driving fast that's the problem...it's the stopping!!

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »
No, I'm really not [:)]

View the links in the profile.  I'm just another musician and guitar player who works for Washburn man.  I got a call that you guys were gettin' feisty on the forum so I popped in.

Later,

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:13:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by deltacaster

View the links in the profile.  I'm just another musician and guitar player who works for Washburn man.  I got a call that you guys were gettin' feisty on the forum so I popped in.

Later,

I think Tweeky is talking to rodfoo, referring to Jazzman, a very odd fellow posting elsewhere here.

Offline Tweeky

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 06:13:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by deltacaster

Later,

He he,I was just winding Rodfoo up a little...just kiddin' mate..[:D][;)]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 06:16:49 AM by Tweeky »
It's not the driving fast that's the problem...it's the stopping!!

Offline climbthis

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »
hey guys, new here.

i picked up this guitar from target because i needed a knockaround...

plays decent enough. i'll throw on some d'addarios and see.

BUT the problem i'm having is sliding up and down the neck...anyone have a problem with sharp frets? a little abrasive on the fingers...

any advice, stacy??

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:34:57 PM by climbthis »
it wasn't a very good guitar...This one just, well it turned into a bow and arrow after a couple of months.
e.clapton

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »
Sharp frets are one of the more common flaws in budget guitars.  You could take it to a washburn service center and have them round them off a bit, return it to Target, or call us and we'll set up a return authorization to repair/replace it.

quote:
Originally posted by climbthis

hey guys, new here.

i picked up this guitar from target because i needed a knockaround...

plays decent enough. i'll throw on some d'addarios and see.

BUT the problem i'm having is sliding up and down the neck...anyone have a problem with sharp frets? a little abrasive on the fingers...

any advice, stacy??

Offline omaken

• View Profile
    • http://www.imagesbykm.com
Tarajaaa
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »
The Target here in Omaha has never had the Washburns in stock when I looked. I wanted to buy one for my niece. A freind had boughten one for his son in KC and I removed the strings, polished the frets (cleaned my dead skin off first) put on a new set of light strings and dropped the action as low as I could. It was a great little guitar to learn on for $80. If I would have payed $200 + I would have complained. For $80 it was worth putting in four hours of time to set it up.
Ken Merchant (40 years as a Novice)
Omaha NE
1982 Aria LW-12
D36SDL
??D72SW paramount

Offline omaken

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »
don't put your name on a crappy product unless you sell it in a crappier place than Target...

Are you implying that the Target in your town is a high end store?
Omaha NE
1982 Aria LW-12
D36SDL
??D72SW paramount

Offline omaken

• View Profile
Tarajaaa
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
The Target here in Omaha has never had the Washburns in stock when I looked. I wanted to buy one for my niece. A freind had boughten one for his son in KC and I removed the strings, polished the frets (cleaned my dead skin off first) put on a new set of light strings and dropped the action as low as I could. It was a great little guitar to learn on for $80. If I would have payed $200 + I would have complained. For $80 it was worth putting in four hours of time to set it up.
Omaha NE
1982 Aria LW-12
D36SDL
??D72SW paramount