Username: Password:

Author Topic: Check out this false advertising!  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Scoutll

• View Profile
Check out this false advertising!
« on: April 16, 2006, 11:04:49 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WASHBURN-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-ALL-ROSEWOOD-SPRUCE_W0QQitemZ7396616205QQcategoryZ33032QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out this guys ebay auctions. might be a bit of false advertising here. He is advertising all laminated guitars as all solid wood. and laminated back and sides as all solid. This sort of thing irritates me. Taking advantage of people who tend to trust authorized dealers.
Read some of his discriptions both current and ended. I am kind of surprised at this high feedback.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:38:49 AM by Scoutll »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »
Maybe he was fooled by the matching grain. Matching grain doesn't always mean solid wood.

ship of fools

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »
It seems that a lot of authorized dealers are fooled by some of Washburn own descriptions ie: solid woods and such, remember they are just ordinary people trying to make a living and sometimes fall for the description they are given, so if you know different, it might serve you well to inform him or her that their description of solid wood is wrong, so that way he can correct or prove himself as a cheater, and then Washburn can deal with him for selling miss informed instruments.louis[:D]

Offline Scoutll

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pike

Maybe he was fooled by the matching grain. Matching grain doesn't always mean solid wood.

Very true, but you would think a dealer would know better. Matching grain is not a difinative indicator at all anymore. In fact I have a D21SZ a D11, a Kona and even a cheapo Rogue guitar that are double laminated inside and out to appear solid.  

*****UPDATE*****

I might have been wrong about this guy though. I emailed them about it and they just sent me an answer thanking me for pointing it out and said they will change it right away. That makes me feel much better. Also emails were very friendly and civil both ways which is also nice nowdays. I feel better now[:)]

« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:28:04 AM by Scoutll »

Offline Scoutll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ship of fools

It seems that a lot of authorized dealers are fooled by some of Washburn own descriptions ie: solid woods and such, remember they are just ordinary people trying to make a living and sometimes fall for the description they are given, so if you know different, it might serve you well to inform him or her that their description of solid wood is wrong, so that way he can correct or prove himself as a cheater, and then Washburn can deal with him for selling miss informed instruments.louis[:D]

Thanks. I did sort of jump the gun and assume the worst. Something I don't normally do. It appears I may have been wrong in this case and hopefully he changes it and the others he has improperly discribed such as the all solid sood D21SZ and bubinga Fender acoustic he has listed.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutll

quote:
Originally posted by Pike

Very true, but you would think a dealer would know better. Matching grain is not a difinative indicator at all anymore. In fact I have a D21SZ a D11, a Kona and even a cheapo Rogue guitar that are double laminated inside and out to appear solid.  

*****UPDATE*****

I might have been wrong about this guy though. I emailed them about it and they just sent me an answer thanking me for pointing it out and said they will change it right away. That makes me feel much better. Also emails were very friendly and civil both ways which is also nice nowdays. I feel better now[:)]

Good goin' Scoutll
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:49:52 AM by Pike »

ship of fools

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 01:23:11 PM »
Sometimes Scout11, even us old timers get suckered sometimes and I work with wood and once in a while I mess up(just dont tell anybody I am trying to fool myself into believing I am perfect)I just hope nobody saw that mistake or two in grammer.louis[;)]

Offline D30slover

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 09:08:33 PM »
Hey Louis, Great to hear from you. Some of the people on this forum ( (you included), are so knowledgable and the posts are so interesting  that I read here at least twice a day even if I don't reply. You all make me smile and nod my head and sometimes chuckle right out loud. My Darling will ask me what is so funny. When I try to tell her it usually passes over her head. O well....She is a great musician and singer in her own right, so I don't mind when she doesn't understand...She thinks my sense of humor is skewed.

And Guys and Ladies, don't worry about if your grammar, spelling,  punctuation,  or sentence structure don't seem as if you were editors for Doubleday or some other publishing firm. I just enjoy hearing from my Washburn friends and family....we are musicians or at least learners. I may never be a master guitarist, but I, as most of you, have dedicated myself to the pursuit of good music, and I derive great pleasure from it. I also greatly enjoy your posts, your advice, and help to me in my learning experience. So Louis, if we want great literature we will go to some other site. I love the  Washburn acoustic forum, and I love my Washburns!!!   Rick D30Slover
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 09:11:15 PM by D30slover »

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 11:39:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by D30slover

Hey Louis, Great to hear from you. Some of the people on this forum ( (you included), are so knowledgable and the posts are so interesting  that I read here at least twice a day even if I don't reply. You all make me smile and nod my head and sometimes chuckle right out loud. My Darling will ask me what is so funny. When I try to tell her it usually passes over her head. O well....She is a great musician and singer in her own right, so I don't mind when she doesn't understand...She thinks my sense of humor is skewed.

And Guys and Ladies, don't worry about if your grammar, spelling,  punctuation,  or sentence structure don't seem as if you were editors for Doubleday or some other publishing firm. I just enjoy hearing from my Washburn friends and family....we are musicians or at least learners. I may never be a master guitarist, but I, as most of you, have dedicated myself to the pursuit of good music, and I derive great pleasure from it. I also greatly enjoy your posts, your advice, and help to me in my learning experience. So Louis, if we want great literature we will go to some other site. I love the  Washburn acoustic forum, and I love my Washburns!!!   Rick D30Slover

I second that, Rick.

Offline deltacaster

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/stacypuckett
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »
Retail list price on the guitar was $299.90 when it was last produced.

regardless of what it's made from, $10 off retail list isn't much of a deal?

Offline Scoutll

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 05:56:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by deltacaster

Retail list price on the guitar was $299.90 when it was last produced.

regardless of what it's made from, $10 off retail list isn't much of a deal?

Yep, I know. Not only are his prices pretty steep (Music123 was listing this model for 124 with free shipping the day I originally posted this) but, I guess I might have been too hasty in my entries about being sorry I jumped to conclusions about the business. I notice after two emails from him thanking me for pointing it out and assuring me it would be corrected, he hasn't bothered to correct the listing. I notice he is also still listing the D21SZ as a solid zebrawood back and sides. I just hope he doesn't reel in people who don't know a lot yet. Not only will they pay way too much, but they will not be getting what they think they are paying for. This will not only eventually take a toll on his rep, but possibly sour people about Washburn too.