Username: Password:

Author Topic: XB-125 active electronics....  (Read 3508 times)

Offline ShockableRhythm

• View Profile
XB-125 active electronics....
« on: December 27, 2003, 10:55:34 AM »
I suppose im a dumbass and I accept that, but can anyone tell me where the 9 volt battery goes in the XB-125??  There is no place under the back plate and I really dont want to start taking things off that dont need to come off.  Help me out!!

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 07:09:49 AM »
If you can't get ahold of yuor local music store you can email the Washburn company and one of the reps will answer your question. It may take a few days to get a response.
no frets?

Offline Edgey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 08:02:40 AM »
Erm, not sure if theres more than one model but theres a very conspicuos slot on the back of my XB 125 for it.

Offline Fourstring

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheManyFacetsofPoindexter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 11:22:37 AM »
Is it possible, that you model is not active?  If you don't have the credit card sized plate on the back, then I doubt that they'd put the battery compartment in the larger cavity.  My question is how many plates do you have on the back of your XB-125?  If you have 2 plates, then the smaller one is the battery cavity.  Actually, if you have one plate, the size of a credit card, then that's your battery cavity. Otherwise you have a passive bass.

what do I think about when i play?  Left finger, right finger, left finger, thumb...Doh!

http://www.freetimes.com/index.php?module=FormExpress&func=display_form&form_id=11

GO here to vote for me as Best Bassist in the Cleveland Free Times Music Awards!!!

Offline zzzcust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 11:47:34 PM »
I have an XB-125/MFP on which I cannot find a battery compartment.  There are two plates on the back:  One is a kidney-shaped plastic thing mounded flush, directly behind the switches; the other is a square metal plate directly behind the point where the neck joins the body, mounted with four largish screws--not the sort of hardware you'd expect for a battery cover.  Another clue: This one has a three-position pickup switch, not a blend knob like they show in the catalog.  Is this a passive instrument?

Offline ngaiseng

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:50:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just reviving a very old thread because I am going to buy a second hand guitar for practice, and it comes with pasive pickups. Could it have been that the original active pickups have been removed?

Question is the same as the above...

Did Washburn make 2 series of the XB-125, one with the active and another with the pasive pickups?

I've did a search over the internet, and most of the postings tell me that it is built in with active pickups.

Please advice.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:57:24 PM by ngaiseng »

Offline baldbuschie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »
my xb 120 only has one cover on the back , but the battery is in there with the rest of the electronics