Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1970s D-28. Brazilian Rosewood?  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Flatpickr

• View Profile
1970s D-28. Brazilian Rosewood?
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:48:08 AM »
Howdy the Forum. This is my first post here. I recently bought a Taylor 310 and have been ignoring my Washburn. I bought it in San Francisco in 1975. There is a serial number and model number only. It is a D-28 with some of the most beautiful wood I've ever seen on a guitar. I think it's Brazilian Rosewood. It has hexagonal abalone fret markers and other beautiful appointments. I think it may have been assembled in Japan, if I remember correctly. I cannot find out anything about this particular geetar, but I sure would like to. Does anyone know anything about this particular model or where I might find info about it. I tried the Washburn website but they only have historical info about the ones from the 1990s. (80s coming soon) Don't know if they will make it to the 70's.

Thanks for the help.
Mark

Offline randyb

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:59:01 AM »
hello;   I have owned a Washburn D50SW that resembles the one you have.  Its serial # is 78487 and I have been unable to find any info on it other than a Washburn rep on line says it was probably produced in Japan.   I have stopped playing the Washburn and want to sell it, but have no idea what the value is.   since mine is also a 70s vintage, I thought any info you found could help.   If you know anything, please let me know.  Thanks
Randyb

Offline Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:20:21 PM »
Hey Flatpicker.... What model Taylor ya get???

Why do you like it better...?

I personally like their Dreads.... 700's and up...

Rock on....[8D]