Username: Password:

Author Topic: What kind of BASS is this????  (Read 1781 times)

Offline m3tal_bassist

• View Profile
What kind of BASS is this????
« on: January 12, 2004, 05:30:32 PM »
I went in this pawn shop today.. he had a few basses but the one that stood out to me was this Washburn.. It was a little beat up and there was some rust on the screws of the pickups.. well anyway i just wanted to know what kind of bass it is.. Because I forgot.. He wanted 180 for it.. but i asked if he could come down.. and he said 150.. but I wasn't sure if it was worth it so I just left.. Well what stood out about the bass was it had a skull and crossbones between the volume and tone knobs.. It also said buzz feiten tuning on the part of the neck with the tuners..  i'm pretty sure it was an RB series.. but it was an older model.. I can't find any info about it on the web.. hope someone has some info... becuase 150 might be great for that bass used or not..

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 02:37:36 PM »
Sorry it took so long for you to get an answer. You should order up the book on Washburn via interlibrary loan. You'd probably see a picture of it in there, although the very newest stuff isn't in the book. $150 for any Washburn bass is a steal, except for maybe the XB100.
no frets?

Offline Fourstring

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheManyFacetsofPoindexter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 09:10:32 PM »
Yeah,

sorry I've been away too.  I've been teaching and away from the board for a while.  What is the pickup configuration on this bass, body type, fretboard material?  Is it a p or a j or a pj, does it have a maple or rosewood neck and are there any special markings for the frets?   I don't remember the skull & crossbones on the basses so I'm thinking that someone modified it.  So long as it is not a lyon or an xb-100, then it's probably a good deal for $150.  The best test is to just play the thing.  I picked up my Force 8 for $350 and it had bartolini's and a Kahler installed...w/case.   Check to see if the pickups are W's(washburns built by bartolini) or Seymore Duncans.  We'll be able to better help you then.  good luck.

what do I think about when i play?  Left finger, right finger, left finger, thumb...Doh!

http://www.freetimes.com/index.php?module=FormExpress&func=display_form&form_id=11

GO here to vote for me as Best Bassist in the Cleveland Free Times Music Awards!!!