Username: Password:

Author Topic: woodstock age  (Read 30983 times)

Offline psiho18

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by DLAWS

Thanks for the welcome.  I took the photo of the serial at 5meg so it allows for some zoom.  That character looks like an uppercase N followed with a superscript o with an = under the o, not that it matters all that much but it is intriguing to discover what it is.

That sign (No=) means number (I think it's numero, from french, or maybe italian).

Offline khargrove

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »
I have a Woodstock identical to the red one. I bought it new and registered it in 1982. I was told at the time it was USA made all mahogany and the first of the new cutaway line from Washburn. My model number is different. The registration card says it is a EA40W-1 with a red star stamped next to it. Inside the guitar it says WOODSTOCK with a red star stamped on it. I haven't played it for almost 15 years.I was going to send it in to Washburn for a belly and bridge problem, but now Washburn has told me so many different stories about the guitar I don't wont them to get it back and have them replace it with a lesser model. I just had a JLD Bridge System put in by the designer (vintage model) and WOW did it boost the sound and fix the belly. Best thing I ever did for this guitar.
khargrove

Offline John1334

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »
Hey Muehlenbauer, awesome 12 string. I have that exact finish Woodstock in a 6 string. The pots are GONE on mine and are a current project to replace. Looks like a B500KO (500kU?) and B1m02(?). Any who...nice guitar.

Offline SoFar

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sofar1
woodstock age
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »
Hi guys I have a 6-strings woodstock with the same sunburst finish as the 12-string in the photo.  I've been trying to discover the value of this guitar as well which is why I stumbled on this forum.  I am very interested in selling the guitar as i play Maton acoustics and don't really find that this guitar has the sound i like.  It was given to my brother by my father back in 99, apparently he had it for some years before that.  So if anyone is interested please let me know.

Offline xtreme.edgez

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
hey guys i got one of these beauties. dont know much about it other then i paid 350 for it at capsule music in Toronto, original hardshell case, serial #702013 would love to know everything i can about it, curious on the value or even previous owners.

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:13 PM »
Hello xtreme.edgez, do you have any photos that you can post?
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline xtreme.edgez

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
not at the moment, but the batteries are charging on the came I'll snap a few tonight, get the serial # and all the jazz, anything else you need?

Offline xtreme.edgez

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
stupid camera, zoom is gone, so I destroyed the camera, grr, heres the only pics i could take before it crapped out, enjoy.

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:15 PM »
Nice guitar!  All mahogany.

Offline Ironfist

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 05:29:25 AM »
Hello. I have a guitar that looks just like it, with the burn mark inside, and the mark on the back top neck. Thou it's missing the burned serieal number over the burn mark inside it. Insteed it has a id number on the top of the head, on the small flat, that reads; 83030

Is it real ?

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 08:26:15 AM »
Welcome Ironfist!  Try to post some photos.  The serial # appears to be reasonable, but the location sounds wrong.

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
Hi Ironfist and welcome to the forum.
Sounds like an early Festival 1983 made in Japan possibly Yamaki. I'm not the all round expert on acoustics, hopefully Pike will pop along with the book details. In the meantime some pics would be great.
Most of the guys use Photobucket, it’s free and relatively simple to use.

http://photobucket.com/

Open an account, transfer pictures from computer to Photobucket.
Once pictures are there if you scroll over the picture with your mouse it will bring up some choices below it.

To show the picture in your thread copy the img. Option and paste it on your thread.

To put a one click direct link to the picture on Photobucket copy the Direct Link option and paste it on your thread.

It does get easier once you’ve done it. Cheers.

Offline micel

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cornish Boy

Sounds like an early Festival 1983 made in Japan possibly Yamaki. I'm not the all round expert on acoustics, hopefully Pike will pop along with the book details. In the meantime some pics would be great.

Once pictures are there if you scroll over the picture with your mouse it will bring up some choices below it.

To show the picture in your thread copy the img. Option and paste it on your thread.

To put a one click direct link to the picture on Photobucket copy the Direct Link option and paste it on your thread.

Offline micel

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cornish Boy

Hello, I'm looking to buy a EA40 woodstock, the owner insists they bought it in the very early 70's used. She thought it was from 1969 inspired by the woodstock festival. If that is true, is it American made? And would that justify the 500 dollar price tag? Its in good shape, but not excellant. The serial number on this one is No.85265. Does this early date sound correct? Thanks and I'm sorry to mud the water any more than what it already has.

ship of fools

woodstock age
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »
psiho 18 has got that right it just means number the (No), that 12er is just georgeous.Ship

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D-78SW
D-68SW
DM2000S Millenium limited edition
and other great sounding and playing guitars