Username: Password:

Author Topic: woodstock age  (Read 30982 times)

Offline micel

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »
Quick update, Washburn just assured me that the serial number I questioned (85265)is a 1978 woodstock, the first year the woodstock was manufactured, and it was made in japan. On the other hand the owner told me she didn't care what Washburn said, we bought it in the early 70's Used !
Since none of them were made in the USA the price wouldn't be that effected by 8 years or so.
Much thanks to all, this has been an intresting read. By the way anyone hear from the person who's willing pay 5K? I'm about to sell one for a mere $1000.

ship of fools

woodstock age
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »
Hi micel, well I am not sure who told you that it was a 1978 Woodstock at Washburn but the very earliest one I had seen and was cataloqued was in 1979 and with that date we know the women was way off also that date should put it around 1988, did you find out what electronics were on board and what the top wood was , these also help to date the guitars.
Mid 80 spruce top were replaced with Mahogany, in 87 the EQ300 lectronics were introduced with sliders instead of the knobs they had before.
Still a Woodstock in excellent shape from any where around that time could be listed for around $500.00 but one in good shape the blue bood of acoustics says around $325-375.00.ship

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D-78SW
D-68SW
DM2000S Millenium limited edition
and other great sounding and playing guitars

Offline micel

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
Hello ship of fools,
The guitar has a spruce top and the electronics have knobs.
The person at washburn didn't hesitate to say it was a 1978 the first year this model was manufactured. Perhaps a 5 digit serial number starting with a 8 indicates 1978, and one with 6 digits starting with a 8 designates 1988?
At any rate this is interesting because the feisty old gal that owns it is so sure of when they acquired it. I'm know (?) she's not being dishonest, maybe just a little foggy.
I'd have put this to bed long ago if it hadn't been for some earlier posts suggesting earlier manufacturing dates. Regardless, in the end after we're long gone, the marketplace will only recognize the manufactures records.
Did I mention this guitar plays and sounds great, the real indicator of its worth.
Thanks for your comments.

Offline nogin007

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »
The person at washburn didn't hesitate to say it was a 1978

That's funny! They never made any attempts to contribute to the threads we made discussing serial numbers and dates.

Did I mention this guitar plays and sounds great, the real indicator of its worth.

Well, buy it and enjoy it. And pertaining to the records, many companies, like Washburn, don't have accurate records.

jimsmithsr

woodstock age
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2009, 05:33:55 AM »
The original Festival Series was designed by Rudy Schlacher and introduced in 1977.
[:)]

ship of fools

woodstock age
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »
Jim as always can you provide which models are the original Festival Series then ( are all the EA's included in the Festival series )that were started in 1977 and do you have any in your collection from that date.Ship

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D-78SW
D-68SW
DM2000S Millenium limited edition
and other great sounding and playing guitars

jimsmithsr

woodstock age
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
The original Festival Series had names only ... {no EA  designation},  from 1977 to about 1984.  The three model names were:

The Woodstock

The Monterey

The Tanglewood

There was a 6 and 12 string version of each model.

Late 1983 to early 1984 {as new Festival models were introduced}, the names were eventually dropped and the EA designations for the Festival series was started.

We have all 3 of the original Festival Models in the collection along with their 12 string counterparts.
[:)]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:07:17 PM by jimsmithsr »

Offline gtracer

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »
Welcome micel!  Is your Woodstock stamped Woodstock or EA-40 inside? Or both?  Are the vol/tone knobs on a wood grain or brown plastic?  What do the tuners have written on them?  Also, does the bridge have individual saddels or only one.
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline bumble

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
Hello  that was an interesting post about my guitar. Thought washburn died millions of hours ago n washburn was  his middle name??? seems a bit odd to me. lol

Offline bumble

• View Profile
woodstock age
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by micel

Quick update, Washburn just assured me that the serial number I questioned (85265)is a 1978 woodstock, the first year the woodstock was manufactured, and it was made in japan. On the other hand the owner told me she didn't care what Washburn said, we bought it in the early 70's Used !
Since none of them were made in the USA the price wouldn't be that effected by 8 years or so.
Much thanks to all, this has been an intresting read. By the way anyone hear from the person who's willing pay 5K? I'm about to sell one for a mere $1000.

Hi, sent a message but  dont think i will be getting a reply somehow. lol