Username: Password:

Author Topic: What makes you tick?  (Read 94848 times)

Offline Alpha Male

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by The Ringer

The forum never ceases to amaze me.

C'mon, ya can't leave us hanging - care to elaborate?

Brent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alpha Male
Miramichi, NB, Canada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2005 D34SCETS Augusta

Offline just strum

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by luvmyshiner

Something Most People Don't Know About Me:  I didn't go to law school until I was 27.  My first career was as a Baptist Minister.

The girls:

Washburn D10S
Washburn Cumberland J28SDL
Peavey Raptor Plus
A beautiful nylon string classical sold in a garage sale!
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE CUMBERLAND BRIGADE
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE BIFOCAL BRIGADE

Now that's impressive!!!  And something I would not have guessed.

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - EA20SDL
Washburn - Cumberland J28SDL (enroute)
Epiphone - G400
Fender Squier Stratocaster - this inexpensive guitar started the madness
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE BIFOCAL BRIGADE

Offline Alpha Male

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »
quote:
Something Most People Don't Know About Me:  I didn't go to law school until I was 27.  My first career was as a Baptist Minister.

Hmmmm, from a Babtist Minister to a lawyer..... from one extreme to the other....  and I can't decide which one is worse.  [;)]  Just kidding.  You knew I wouldn't be able to pass that one up.  [}:)]  I fit this little devil smiley in there just to rile up your ministerial side.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:01:46 AM by Alpha Male »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alpha Male
Miramichi, NB, Canada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2005 D34SCETS Augusta

Offline Fretless Johnny

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bessitis
What makes you tick?
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »
First Name: John
User Name: Fretless Johnny

Story Behind Your User Name:
Well I have this fretless bass, see, and my name's John.

Reside: Albuquerque, NM

Family: Live next door to my ex-wife/best friend and two year old son, Jacob.

Wife's Occupation: Editor

Hobbies: Hanging with my son, playing music, old British motorcycles.

Why do you like this forum?:
1) the people
2) there is a lot to learn
3) sometimes it is funny as hell
I stole this from someone else, but it fits.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: About two weeks ago

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?: Because I'd played them before and really liked em, then I spotted this baby and couldn't put her down.

Future Plans:
1) Either a PhD or JD, juggling that decision at the moment.
2) Spend as much quality time with my son as I can before he thinks I'm a dork.
3) Write and record a heavy, psychadelic blues album.

Something Most People Don't Know About Me:
I was in the Army for seven years and saw action in both Somalia and Bosnia.  91B3V  2/22 10th MTN and HHC 2/5 CAV for anyone who knows what that means.  

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 09:04:31 PM by Fretless Johnny »
Washburn RO1 Rover
Ibanez AJ200-EVE
Ibanez AF86
Kaman Acoustic Bass
Palatino Upright Bass
'71 Fretless P-Bass
'71 Fretted P-Bass
'06 Highway 1 P-Bass

Offline southpaw

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 11:54:22 PM »
Great idea - I'll do my best

First Name: Randall

User Name: Southpaw

Story Behind Your User Name:
I've always been into baseball, my father was left-handed also (played semi-pro ball too), and he always regarded being being left-handed as a badge of honor. My youngest son is a lefty too, so now my wife and I can stop having kids. I still can't believe the user name Southpaw wasn't taken.

Reside: Zirconia, NC, in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Family: Married for 18 years, 3 children – Alyssa (12), Ryan (10), Carson (9)

Occupation: Graphic Designer. A partner & I have a design firm in Hendersonville, NC www.hi-testdesign.com

Wife's Occupation: 5th grade teacher

Hobbies: Kayaking, music, restoration (basically fixing anything up), flea markets, collecting stuff (don't get me started), woodworking, Macs, playing baseball in the over-30 league as long as possible before the ol arm gives out.

Why do you like this forum?:
most so called experts are hardly experts. If you want answers go straight to the good people. I'm a big believer in these types of social networks.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: Summer 2005

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?:
Luck I guess. I always wanted to play but nobody wanted to give a lefty the time of day. Saw the Woodstock on eBay and it was love at first sight. Seems like everyone here in these mountains plays something. Anywhere you get more than a few people together, the guitars, banjos and fiddles come out. It's a great place to learn.

Future Plans:
1) Take lessons
2) Build a combination pottery studio (for the wife), design office and practice space (for me)
3) Get the kids thru college
4) Build my own guitar

Something most people don't know about me:
I've restored about 21 musclecars, including a one-of-one 1968 Firebird 400 convertible called the Grand Marque. Don't have any freetime for that anymore, I would much rather sit on the back deck sipping an ice tea and strumming.
Southpaw
Lefties:
1986 EA40 LH Woodstock
2005 D10SLH
2006 Eastwood Delta Six
2002 Tele clone

Righties:
2005 EA-9F (wifes)
2005 Lyon electric (sons)
1978? Monterey 12

Offline PAPPY

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »
First Name:Pete
User Name:PAPPY
Story Behind Your User Name:Given to me by my oldest son who is now 40 years old.Instead of calling me Dad like most other kids, he wanted a name for me that was all his own.
Reside:Goldthwaite, Tx.
Family:My lovely second wife of 27 years,Carrie,and though she is a LOT younger than I it has been the best years of my life.One son by my first wife(who is still a great friend and actually the God mother of my second son)his name is Dale Ray and his wife's name is Tammy and they gave me a grandson,Dylan Ray.Tammy had a daughter,Dakota, when they married that was one of my best friends but we lost her to cancer last year at the age of 16(the worst time of my entire life)Carrie gave me my second son,Corey Dale who is married to Becca and they gave me a grandaughter a little over a year ago,Makayla, and she is a doll, I babysit her everyday.
Wife's Occupation: Manager of all three of our school lunchrooms here,keeps the Nursery at Church,drives a school bus,runs the swimming pool in the summer months.
Hobbies:Hunt raccoon with hounds(limited now), run rabbits with Beagles(can sit on the tailgate to do this), trying to play music on guitar with friends and relatives.
Why do you like this forum?:Because of the down to earth people that are members here and the way they treat folks like equals.
When did you buy your 1st Washburn?:My first Washburn was given to me by my Uncle,I think in the early 80's.
Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?:Answer Above
Future Plans:Enjoy my family to the fulliest,and make as many new friends as I can and enjoy old friends to the best of my ability.
Something Most People Don't Know About Me:There is nothing about me that someone doesn't know and if there is anything anyone wants to know just ask me.

05 Washburn EA9
Only member of the Trifocal Brigade
One pair of Holy socks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:31:11 AM by PAPPY »
Sharmon
Please don't squeeze my Sharmon
KimmieFriends Are Cherished

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 11:56:53 AM »
Hi PAPPY...

Nice reply... It's seem's that you have a pretty nice family. You sound also as an hansome man (sage). I admire that! I really appreciate the fact the your reply sound sincere. You really open yourself and let us know a little bit more about you!!

I do also like hunting. But be here in QUÉBEC, we're hunting deer, bucks, bear etc... [8D][:0][:0][:0][:X]

ykhike76@hotmail.com
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline PAPPY

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 12:35:31 PM »
millenium, We hunt the buck deer,bobcat,mountain lion and wild hog down here but don't have any bear, wish we did, would love to run them with my hounds. I hardly ever carry a gun with me, I just love hearing the hounds run the track and put the quarry up a tree and then tell me to come look what I did LOL.

05 Washburn EA9
Only member of the Trifocal Brigade
One pair of Holy socks
Friends Are Cherished and Life's A Pleasures
Sharmon
Please don't squeeze my Sharmon
KimmieFriends Are Cherished

Offline kewltunes

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »
Bears? Never hunt anything that can hunt you back..[:D]

Kewltunes & My Close Personal Friends,
Washburn EA20
Washburn EA20-12
Washburn W200
Washburn X10
Ovation CSD225 {double neck 6+12 a/e}
Kewltunes & My Close Personal Friends,
Washburn EA20
Washburn EA20-12
Washburn EA18
Washburn W200
Washburn X10
Ovation CSD225 {double neck 6+12 a/e}

Offline just strum

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 02:52:31 PM »
Finally!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - Cumberland J28SDL
Washburn - EA20SDL
Epiphone - G400

Offline cllvt

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 03:48:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by just strum

Finally!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - EA20SDL
Epiphone - G400

ha ha - yea, welcome aboard CB!  Sounds like you will have a grand old time w/the new Washburn!  [:D]

I had almost forgotten about this thread. I will have to add my 2 cents when I have a bit more time.

Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
John Erskine
Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
(quote by John Erskine)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »
Yoy know I was already heading to woodstock before you were even born,you big baby,you forgot to memtion your other hobby,the KIDS and dont forget cheering up that crazy Canadian,ship of fools,you guys are going to have to semi-behave we have another lady on board,I wonder what happened with Lisa,welcome aboard Kimmie it will be fun teasing you up,hope you dont mind,your canuck.louis
Retired Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline just strum

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ship of fools
I wonder what happened with Lisa,

Louis,

I was wondering the same thing.  We can always blame that casualty on our buddy H.

We just have to remember not to act like we've been in prison for 20 years (well, at least not most of us).

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - EA20SDL
Epiphone - G400

Offline Alpha Male

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »
I'm glad someone pushed this thread back up.  I find it to be a very interesting way in which to get to know everyone a little bit better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alpha Male
Miramichi, NB, Canada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2005 D34SCETS Augusta

Offline drake

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/shemiyaza
What makes you tick?
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 02:12:47 AM »
When sober... I'm asleep. I play a TON of music all over the place and always have. Was kicked out at 15 and been raised by bikers. Done everything under the sun and am still alive. That I have myself to thank as well as a few emergency doctors and such. Then I learned the term moderation. I stink at spelling. I stink at remembering names. I am your typical weird passionate artsy dude with querks. Like... I can't stand to tell someone what to play. JUST FLIPPIN PLAY IT! Ya know... Im not talkin about something meticulous. I'm talking about playin from the heart. If I can't feel it then I don't like it. Um... I have two daughters (nuff said). I haven't and will never speak with any of my family again (nuff said). I am an advocate of freedom of speech at all costs (except respect for those I have it for). Never been married cuz it's none of amerika's nor it's gods business who I care for or exchange fluids with. Paper is just paper. Souls are souls and worth much more that a stupid ring and cerimony. I watch animation cuz it tells more of the truth than any sitcom. I love Bill Hicks and George Carlin. If I weren't a musician I would be... A pimp! No... Maybe a production manager or something in the industry. Prolly cuz it's all I know.

Most of all... I play the bejezus out of Washburn guitfiddles and love em! They keep me alive with tones and songs and they are to me like a new car everytime I pick one up. You know it'll start. It's just how you drive it or it drives you that gives you those moments. Does that make sense? I'd rather be a vessel than sit in front of paper and jot down a song. I play from the soul everytime I play including rehearsals or by myself. I love those who think for themselves and are passionate without being annoying as hell like me. I love those who can teach me something and at the same time am annoyed by people who tell me the same bs I've heard a thousand times before. I believe in evolution and think it is necessary for this planet and mankind. I would much rather be on stage playing for nobody and starving then bend over for Bush. Other than that... I love more than I hate and I love with all my heart. I don't do the I love you... BUT! I'm keeping this part of me safe crap. I give you my all or nothin. I cut the bushes down and I get to the point. I can deal with facts. I can't deal with lies or non-closure.

I want to love. I want to feel. I want to do it all without fear. Turn the lightswitch in my soul on and break it!www.myspace.com/d_frequency
www.myspace.com/shemiyaza
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE CUMBERLAND
BRIGADE!
D52SWCE - SLIDE
J28SCEDL - DROP TUNED
D46SCE12 - DROP TUNED
D84SW - CGCFAA# TUNING
J52SW - Drop tuned/Main studio guitfiddle
~drake~