Username: Password:

Author Topic: What makes you tick?  (Read 93760 times)

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »
Thanks DRAKE.... very impressive answer. You talk with your head and your heart. You're answer are honnest and we can feel you past dificulty and your guitar passion now. You might one of those who live their lived 100%.. driving at 200 on the road of life.... You have values and respect yourself in your conviction. I admire that...
WE have a lot of point in commun (probably more that you will imagine)[;)]

CAN I CALL YOU BUDDY or CHUMMY now ???[8D][8D] (joke)

Rock'on drake, I appreciate your presence with all of us on this forum.
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline drake

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/shemiyaza
What makes you tick?
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 01:15:38 PM »
Call me what you will my friend. [:)] Thank you sir.www.myspace.com/d_frequency
www.myspace.com/shemiyaza
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE CUMBERLAND
BRIGADE!
D52SWCE - SLIDE
J28SCEDL - DROP TUNED
D46SCE12 - DROP TUNED
D84SW - CGCFAA# TUNING
J52SW - Drop tuned/Main studio guitfiddle
~drake~

Offline mrjams

• View Profile
    • http://www.mrjams.com
What makes you tick?
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »
Pete Townshend,,Jimmy and Jimi  (page and  hendrix)
Leslie west ,,still out there,,EDDIE VH where did he dissapear too?
Rich Robertson < best 1/2 of black crowes) Robbie Robertson =]
            Brad Nowell <sublime gone and awesome     funky acoustiic  player
Jerry Reed Funny songs and a GREAT Picker
Jerry Garcia
THE  GRATEFUL  DEAD  noone  played like  him..(im a DEADHEAD)
Jaco Pastorious
DJANGO amazing what he did
Bill Nelson  BE BOP  >>>into the 30th century
back  to pete  leading me back down thhe road...
too many to list   =]
< my likes   ill answer the rest when i  have time
Make your vision , Your mission  - bill nelson

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 10:54:38 PM »
I don't venture out of the Acoustic Forum very often, but I heard about this thread and it seemed like time well spent.

First Name: Dave

User Name: Toaster20

Story Behind Your User Name:
This is a meaningless screen name that dates back to the early days of the internet.  If it ever meant anything, it probably had something to do with a British ska band called the Toasters.  Either that, or just because I like toast.

Reside: Philadelphia PA

Family: Married for 19 years, 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 18.

Occupation:  I'm a CPA during the day.  But at night I sell acoustic guitars over the internet.  What started out as a hobby has grown into my obsession and my actual life's calling.

Wife's Occupation: Nurse.

Hobbies: Kids, learning guitar, goofing off on this forum, and working 18 hours a day.

Why do you like this forum?:
I started here as a novice, looking for the right guitar to buy, because I wanted to pick it up again after a 20 year break.  I learned more and more and now I'm a fanatic and in the biz!

The people here are really supportive.  No one ever tries to make anybody feel dumb.  There's a genuine support system here that goes  way beyond chatting about guitars!  There's no place like this on the whole internet.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: Probably 2004.

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?:
Did a ton of research and discovered what we all discovered.  Washburn is simply the best guitar you can get for the money.

Future Plans: I want to learn to play better.  I'd like to find more people to jam with, and I'd like to grow my business.  I'd like to promote the acoustic guitar and encourage players of all ages, and I'd like to discover and be amazed by as many talented musicians as I can find in this lifetime.

Something Most People Don't Know About Me: I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:55 AM »
First Name: Ben

User Name: Vheissu

Story Behind Your User Name: A short while ago Vheissu (an album by Thrice) was my favourite album. I named all things created then after it, now I just subscrie to everything as vheissu because it is east to remember. lol.

Reside: Louth, Lincolnshire, UK

Family: None yet

Wife's Occupation: N/A

Hobbies: MMORPG Games, playing guitar, learning new stuff on the guitar, hanging out with friends, partying, japanese weaponary and JAMMING!!!

Why do you like this forum?:There are several reasons I like this forum. The firs being it is a great way to obtain knowledge. I havn't been here that long, but just reading through posts I've really learnt a lot. Another reason I like this forum is the people in it. Yeah, there is the odd idiot who just tries to start arguments but they are in all forums, and there aren't TOO many here. Also, with some forums, when you ask questions, you get ridiculed or called n00b because you don't know certain aspects. However, this is not the case here, you are free to ask questions and not be ridiculed, and be helped by people as much as they can with the information you provide.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: I havn't yet got one, but I am getting a Washburn Maya DD10 (Dan Donegan series) VERY SOON.

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?:
I read a review on it in Total Guitar magazine and fell in love with it. I read more reviews, and they all gave it good write-ups. I have a friend who is lucky enough to own the DD75 and he (with a little persuasion) let me have a go so I could get the feel of the shape. I loved it even more, and am now just getting the money together for the DD10, shouldn't be long now [:D]

Future Plans:I want to enhance my guitar skills, and maybe earn a bit of money out of my love for   music. I can play a little bit on every instrument, but guitar is the one I love most. When I play guitar it just feels natural. I am going to study law and become a barrister (if the music doesn't work out) as this interests me too. And with the money I earn from that I will have a few more Washburns [:P]

Something Most People Don't Know About Me: There are many things people don't know about me. I cannot be bothered to go into them all here.

NO MOMMY, DON'T DO IT AGAIN,DON'T DO IT AGAIN, I'LL BE A GOOD BOY. I'LL BE A GOOD BOY. I PROMISE. NO MOMMY, DON'T HIT ME. OW. WHY D'YOU HAVE TO HIT ME LIKE THAT MOMMY. DON'T DO IT. YOUR HURTING ME. OW. WHY D'YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A BITCH?WHY DONT YOU... WHY CAN'T YOU f**k OFF AND DIE? WHY DON'T YOU JUST f**k OFF AND DIE? WHY DONT YOU JUST LEAVE HERE AND DIE? NEVER STICK YOUR HAND IN MY FACE AGAIN BITCH. f**k YOU! -Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

THE GUITARS!!!

Stagg SW206CE-BK with EQ-7545R

Washburn DD10 (Dan Donegan series)(not here yet but coming soon)

THE EQUIPMENT!!!

Peavy Blazer 158 (40 watts)

Toneworks KORG Pandora PX4 handheld effects pedal

Vox DA5 (5 watts) (not here yet but coming soon)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:11:32 AM by vheissu »

Offline cllvt

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 05:58:29 AM »
OK, I'm in ...

1st name:  Chris

User name:  cllvt

Story behind user name:  It's my initials, and a state abbreviation for where I live (Vermont).  I just got tired of trying to remember tricky user names on different forums! [:)]

Reside: Colchester, Vermont

Family: Wife, two boys (15, 22)

Occupation: Materials Science Analyst (using secondary ion spectrometry instrument)

Wife's Occupation: Manager

Hobbies: Guitar, flyfishing, Geocaching, motorcycling, hiking, target shooting, woodworking, photography, brewing beer, cooking, harmonica, snowboarding, cross country skiing, working on old amps,and so forth...

Why like forum:  People are helpful, and encouraging, not normally much attacking, etc.

1st Washburn:  Well if you count Oscar Schmidt's it would be my OE30 a little over a year ago, as far as WASHBURN on the guitar - that would be my WD300SW a few months later.

Why Washburns:  Really nice guitars, great value.

Future plans:  As far as music - I am a beginner, so I have a lot of work/fun ahead of me.  I will probably start taking a few lessons sometime soon.  As far as life - look forward to retirement, and possibly a new (self-employed?) career.

Something most people don't know about me: I USED to vote a pretty straight Republican ticket (not trying to get into politics here!). [:D]

Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
John Erskine
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:04:50 AM by cllvt »
Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
(quote by John Erskine)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »
thanks guys... this way we know a little bit more about you !!

VHEISSU... you have the youngest guy age titlte yet !!![;)]

CLLVT... You don't live that far from me. You learning guitar project sounds cool. I do agree that vermont state does have great hiking (I've been there some times for hiking and rock/ice climbing).[;)][8D]
yan
millenium

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 06:23:53 AM »
Nice. So I'm the youngest that uses these forums?

Ben

NO MOMMY, DON'T DO IT AGAIN,DON'T DO IT AGAIN, I'LL BE A GOOD BOY. I'LL BE A GOOD BOY. I PROMISE. NO MOMMY, DON'T HIT ME. OW. WHY D'YOU HAVE TO HIT ME LIKE THAT MOMMY. DON'T DO IT. YOUR HURTING ME. OW. WHY D'YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A BITCH?WHY DONT YOU... WHY CAN'T YOU f**k OFF AND DIE? WHY DON'T YOU JUST f**k OFF AND DIE? WHY DONT YOU JUST LEAVE HERE AND DIE? NEVER STICK YOUR HAND IN MY FACE AGAIN BITCH. f**k YOU! -Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

THE GUITARS!!!

Stagg SW206CE-BK with EQ-7545R (called Rose)

THE EQUIPMENT!!!

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 06:28:57 AM »
from my point of view, I do think yes (15 turning on 16)... (I'm 29 years old and turning on the 30's tomorrow oct.31... halloween, BIG DAY... that is tickling me fron the inside, my 20's are finish[:(][:(][:(]) Stay on board, this place is great and you will learn a lot of stuff. Don't be afraid to ask your simple question, nobody will juge you here.!!![;)]
yan
millenium

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 06:37:01 AM »
lol. Cool. Well happy birthday for tomorrow man. Don't worry, 30 isn't old. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 30's. lol. I know this place is great [:p], before when I have been with more knowledgable friends I have had to just nod along and agree as I didn't understand, now I can contribute to the conversations and debates over aspects of certain guitars. I have been a member of this forum for 6 days and have already gained a lot from using it. Now people know I am 15 they will understand why I say I have to save my money to buy certain things, lol.

Ben

THE GUITARS!!!

THE EQUIPMENT!!!

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 06:39:40 AM »
now VHEISSU and CLLVT the next step is guitar pics of yours..!![;)] We want to see them.
yan
millenium

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 06:54:48 AM »
You want pics? Fine [:D]

This is a picture of the Stagg SW206CE-BK, it isn't my one, it's one I got of the internet, but mine is in perfect condition still except for a couple of slight areas where the painwork has come off, to reveal the wood.

And this, is my wonderful new baby (not here yet but coming soon) the Washburn Maya DD10 (Dan Donegan series) Again this is of the internet, but it WILL be in perect condition, and this is the only colour you CAN get it in. lol.

There you go [:D]

Ben

THE GUITARS!!!

THE EQUIPMENT!!!

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 06:56:45 AM »
VHEISSU.. you should have post them in the section just for that: SHOW US YOUR WASHBURN....[:D]
yan
millenium

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:36 AM »
lol. Yeah, I just thought of that. Sorry [:(]

Ben

THE GUITARS!!!

THE EQUIPMENT!!!

Offline Simon

• View Profile
    • http://s-kvindal.homepage.dk/
What makes you tick?
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »
First Name:  Simon
User Name:  Simon
Story Behind Your User Name: I have lousy imagination coming up with cool, funny, bad a**, not-silly-sounding handles!

Reside:  Denmark, Europe
Family:  Living with my gf. Have younger sister and brother.
Hobbies:  Cycling, rowing, kayaking, skiing, films, single malts

Why do you like this forum?: Because of YOU! The regular crowd is big enough to be diverse, very knowledgeable and of differing opinions; yet small enough to become familiar and instantly recognizable.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?:  Autumn 2006
Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?: I have from time to time borrowed a guitar from friends for short periods, and wanted my own. Found out the D10 was best guitar for the buck etc. .... But I was thinking of getting one at maybe the $150 mark (rather than the $300 a D10 retails for here in Denmark), or maybe a second hand. But one day it hit me: I should have a GOOD guitar from day 1, not some lousy paddle that will disappoint me. IF contrary to expectations I don't keep it up, at least the Washburn should retain some resale value. And within a few days it was done. [:D]

Future Plans: Take lessons? Get a cat or two? Maybe get a motorcycle again, had one a few years back. I have MAS for this model. Travel more.
Something Most People Don't Know About Me: <schratcing my head> Don't know really? That I have gotten three traffic tickets, in a period of less than a month!!? [:(!] (THAT sucked!)

--
Simon, Denmark
--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick