Username: Password:

Author Topic: What makes you tick?  (Read 114803 times)

Offline cllvt

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 06:06:06 AM »
Millenium,

I posted some pics of my acoustic when I got it - look here:

http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4151&SearchTerms=pictures

I will have to get some pics of the OE30.  I had taken some a while ago, but there have been pick-up, knob changes, etc. so I will have to get some new ones.

Simon, welcome aboard!  Glad you got an nice instrument.  The motorcyclye that you are lusting after looks great.  I don't believe that model was available over here (?). Looks great!

Chris

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
John Erskine
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:08:45 AM by cllvt »
Chris

(quote by John Erskine)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »
I just want to know CLLVT... your OE-30 is she like mine ???
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline cllvt

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 10:31:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by millenium

I just want to know CLLVT... your OE-30 is she like mine ???

yan
millenium

millenium,
      yup, very much like yours, Sunburst!   I swapped out the pick-ups for some Guitar Fetish hot vintage alnico pickups w/gold covers.  I also re-wired, and put in some full-sized CTS pots, and some Gibson-style speed knobs (rose-gold), switchcraft jack. So, it now looks a bit different up close.  

I should add, that it sounded fine w/stock pick-ups and electronics.  I like to tinker, and I was getting some buzz that I thought maybe was from one of the original pots.  I figured as long I was going to rip it open I would upgrade electronics, etc.  The biggest difference I notice now, is that there is more of a difference between the sound of the neck and bridge pick-ups.  The bridge has a bit more of a growl than before.  I would say output is somewhat higher too. [8D]

Chris

John Erskine
Chris

(quote by John Erskine)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Suess

Offline millenium

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 02:15:43 PM »
Thanks CLLVT... great transformation... I should think about it on mine too.
yan
millenium

Offline steve206

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »
First Name: Steve
User Name: Steve206

Story Behind Your User Name:
My name is Steve and I live in a house marked 206.  Just trying to keep it simple.

Reside: Osprey, Florida  Just south of Sarasota

Family: Single now.  Married for 17 years.  2 boys-Bennett, a sophomore at FSU,19, and Tyler, a sophomore in HS, aged 16.

Occupation: Currently selling wine at the retail level and looking for something else.

Wife's Occupation: N/A

Hobbies: Attempting to get back into windsurfing, saltwater fishing for Snook, thinking about women and glasses of beer, used to body surf the gulf of Mexico when the storms would gather the waves but, have hung up my fins as the years have passed.  Playing and buying and thinking about guitars.  In the process of trying to learn how to record myself on the new digital recorder that I convinced myself that I had to have.  Making people laugh.  I also have the priveldge of feeding one of the great masters of canine bhuddism on this planet.  His name is Bob and he is a Chow/Golden Retriever mix.  If I can post a picture of him, I will.

Why do you like this forum?:
1) the people here are just down to earth good folks who are supportive to a fault.  I have even responded to threads and said nice things about guitars that I do not care about.  It just seeped into me.
2) there is a lot to learn from the different personalities and walks of life.  Instead of What do you do?, it is, what do you play?
3) sometimes it is funny as hell and sometimes it isn't.  I still find it one of my better moments in the day.  I don't think about it but, manage to fire up the computer before the TV, just to see what has been added.
When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: Fall of 1987.  Washburn D28-12N.

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?:
1) Wanted a 12 string and it was as good as most of the others at a better price.
2) Liked the sound and the look and wanted to replace an older Framus 12 string that I had in Germany and gave to a buddy when I ETS'd out of the army.

Future Plans:
1) I have downloaded learning programs to the computer, chord finders and scale tools and something about learning the notes on the neck.  I have never had a lesson and it is probably holding me back.
2) I really want to find a guitar club or something where I can sit in and learn from other players.  Would love to have what some here talk about when they mention their thursday night get togethers.
3]  I have bought guitar instruction courses that I have never used.  I want to be able to play lead lines that come out of my head and I know that I cannot do that without a little help.

Something Most People Don't Know About Me:
My first girlfriend in high school was into the music scene in San Francisco.  This was 1965.  We were at her house listening to a Dylan album and a song came on that she said reminded her of me.  It was Ballad of a Thin Man and I listened to it and still did not get the connection.

Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1961 Martin 016-NY
1987 Washburn D28-12N
1966 Guild D40-NT
1987 USA Fender Strat
2004 Washburn J6 Montgomery
2005 Washburn J28SCEDL
2005 Washburn HB-32 Boogie Street Music with S/D pups
2005 Rogue mandolin A style A/E, {junk}
Older Martin Ukelele
Older Oscar Schmidt autoharp
One of those promotional Fenders used by the Rolling Rock Brewery people as a giveaway.  Painted it gold.  One humbucker and made in Indonesia.  Gonna see if it can be used as a slide-only guitar.

Offline steve206

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2006, 04:49:16 PM »
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/Slewis206/Bob.jpg

Hey there folks,,this is the dog I was talking about---Bob.

Offline Childbride

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
AAwwwwwwww!!!  Bob is ADORABLE!  how lucky to have such a wonderful companion!  [:D]

dogs are truly wonderful.  mine Blesses every day of my life!

2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta

Offline trueheart78

• View Profile
    • http://madebymills.blogspot.com
What makes you tick?
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
First Name: Josh
User Name: trueheart78

Played Everquest (an online role-playing game for the less knowledgeable) for 5 years, and my first character was a paladin.  When it came time to pick a surname, somehow I had decided on Trueheart, since I was a paladin and all.  It's just kind of stuck and now I used it for all my forum names, with the year of birth at the end of it, making it mine.  Also notice the non-capped first letter, I like to stay low-profile.  It also fits well with my beliefs, so I've kept it :)

Reside: Ohio

Family: Married for 4 years, 3 cats and 2 dogs.

Wife's Occupation: None - handicap.

Hobbies: worshipping God (it's a good hobbie :) ), reading God's Word, playing guitar, playing with the pets, computer stuff

1) it feels like a solid community, minus the random breakdowns.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: July 06

1) Got a great deal.
2) Heard D10s were great guitars for the buck.

Future Plans:
1) Do more for the kingdom of God.
2) Learn more and more guitar.
3) Start doing some freelance Web application work

Something Most People Don't Know About Me:
Born and bread in the south-west area of Maine.  Met my wife on-line playing video games, and eventually made the move to be with her.

trueheart78
The MadAboutGuitars.com Forum

Offline catlicious

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »
Hello!... here goes!

Name: Catherine (Cat)
User Name: Catlicious

It's really all my friend's fault ;) - she has a habit of shortening my name, she christened me Cat, when most people were calling me Cath or Catherine, and that kind of stuck. Then someone started teasing me about having a diminishing name, and for a brief time I was referred to as C, then the artist formerly known as C (great sense of humour my friends!!!!), and then they began extending it again, Catarama, Catarillo, Cathode Ray Tube, Catamaran, Cataclysm and so on and so on, out of this came Catlicious, and for a joke I got one of my first free webmails in that username, and somehow it stuck, now many of my friends append their names with -licious. I sometimes worry what people think it's all about!!!

Reside: Adelaide, South Australia

Family: Live with my fiance, no kids but currently 2 cats and 2 pythons

Occupation: At the moment I'm an ex- horticulturalist, ex - programmer, ex truck driver, ex - IT manager, looking forward to the next phase of employment once I've stabilised from the most recent work injury (ceiling fell on my head at work)

Partner's Occupation: Electronics Technician.

Hobbies: Playing (learning to) guitar, martial arts (Iaido/Iaijutsu), gardening, reading, music, art, comedy, sewing, dreaming, learning anything new..., starting a guitar collection, cars, computers, and there's probably some stuff I've forgotten :D

Well I'm new here but so far:
 the people are great here! I've been to a few forums where people think it's ok to sneer because my guitar is a student model. Good on them, they haven't heard it or played it ;), their loss!!!
 the guitars, it's so cool to share an appreciation of similar guitars!
 I'm sure I'll have more to add later

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: 1989, 2nd hand 1986 D12 six string

Why did you buy your 1st Washburn?: Well, I might as well have stolen it! I mentioned that I really wanted to learn guitar to a friend at work, she said her husband (separated) had one he might want to sell, it was arranged for $150 AUD, it was in as new condition - he never played it because he didn't like the way it played or sounded, neither did I at first, it had dreadful heavy guage dead as a doornail strings on it, soon I changed them for Martin PB Lights and it was as if a choir of Angels had sung in my heart. I hope he doesn't read this or he'll want it back!!!!

Future Plans:
Continue with guitar so that I can express myself with it. Find the next stage of my vocation and run with it - hoping for serious right livelihood and not wage slaving this time around.

Something Most People Don't Know About Me: I sing in the shower! I have a massive collection of soft toys that accumulated during my current relationship, I used to drive trucks for a living, I love critters, I'm the one who relocates the spiders outside while my partner watches nervously, at least he doesn't scream!!! I am a bit scared of them, but I respect them and understand a bit about them so I can handle them ok. I have 2 pet pythons, Monty (Liasis Maculosis) and Basil (Morelia Spilota McDowelli), I would love to learn to paint, sketch and perhaps theatrical makeup artistry. My partner is covered in tattoos and I'm as feminine as they come.... stereotypes! what stereotypes!!

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »
Well first name is Richard and my user name is the name of my old Hair band from the late 80's through mid 90's. I'm in Birmingham Alabama and have been playing for 30+ years. I currently am the lead guitarist in a Church praise team for a 6500+ member mega Church. We have a 10,000 seat hall and run 4000 or so on a normal Sunday morning service.

I run a late 80's Carvin X100B half stack no effects other than a Wah. Here is a link to my Soundclic site with clips recorded at the sounddesk with my Mini Disk  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=439224

I have been an avid 1987-93 pointy Carvin collector and have 15 of those currently. I also have owned a couple of the USA custom Grover Jackson Mercury Washburns. I now own a MG100 Pro and  this is my second USA custom Washburn.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:37:12 AM by Ascension »
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
Carvin  1990 X220C, 2002 DC 400
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Fender 2000 American Standard Strat, 2014 Modern Player Tele
Amps
 Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet
Boogie Subway Rocket combo, Boogie .50 cal + head

Offline Hughes

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »
Hey, I'm Preston Hughes from Wichita, Kansas.
First guitar: an Alamo with Sunburst top.  It was old but nice.
First Washburn: G2-V bought in 99-00.  It's recently been stolen.
Now: Off brand acoustic and a Fender Strat.
I'm currently looking for another Washburn electric, as I have found nothing that has matched the sound of that G2-V.
This sites a good one, friendly and knowledgable people.

Offline krizmeister

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »
This might be fun!

First Name: Kristoffer
User Name: krizmeister

I've got the same username on a Norwegian guitar forum so...I think American Pie has something to do with it...kinda stupid..

Reside: Moss - Norway

Occupation: Student - Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship

Wife's Occupation: No wife - too soon - single

Hobbies: Guitars, rock music and Italian cars

1) Beacause it's people here with knowledge about Washburn guitars and it gives me the chance to meet interesting people from other countries especially USA and Canada.

When did you buy your 1st Washburn?: September 06

1) Got a great deal.
2) Had a choice between Morgan and Washburn...hate Morgan!

Future Plans:
1) Get my bachelor degree
2) Become a better guitar player
3) Have a gig within three years

Washburn D10SCE
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD50VT
Roland MicroCube

Offline guitar gal

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »
Hello All!

First Name: Angie

User Name: Guitar Gal

Story Behind User Name: Just wanted something to state that I like guitars and that I am a girl.....nothing too original here :)

Reside: Southeast Ohio

Family: Not married, but have a significant other who currently lives in Florida. Most liklely, I will be relocating south in the future  :)  However, I do have four cats that live with me!

Partner's Occupation: Software Quality Assurance Analyst (i.e., computer geek)

Hobbies: playing guitar, reading, working out (yoga, pilates, free weights), travelling, learning how to be more environmentally friendly and socially aware of the world around me and how I can make a positive contribution

Why I Like This Forum: Seems like a group of friendly and knowledgable people. I hope to learn a lot!

When Did I Get My First Washburn: Fall of 2004

Why I Got A Washburn: I did some research and found that I could get the most bang for my buck in a Washburn!

Future Plans: Become a better guitar player and take lessons. Keep a positive attitude. Move south to be with my sweetie XOXO! Enjoy life!  

Something Most People Don't Know About Me: I am usually pretty easy going, but I do have a temper if pushed too far!

Angie

The gang:

Washburn D10S
Washburn D10S-12
Washburn J28SDL
Washburn F52SW
Yamaha CGS 104

Offline just strum

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by catlicious
Family: Live with my fiance, no kids but currently 2 cats and 2 pythons

Occupation: At the moment I'm an ex- horticulturalist, ex - programmer, ex truck driver, ex - IT manager, looking forward to the next phase of employment once I've stabilised from the most recent work injury (ceiling fell on my head at work)

Cat,

My son would love it at your house - he has a snake, three tarantulas, three scorpions and a millipede.

Sounds like you have as many ex's as Shiner, except his was wives.

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - Cumberland J28SDL
Washburn - EA20SDL
Epiphone - G400
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE CUMBERLAND BRIGADE
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

Offline just strum

• View Profile
What makes you tick?
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2006, 06:32:09 PM »
Angie,

Moving south right about now is very inviting[:D]

Having a Psychologist on the forum, now that could be interesting. There's a lot of case study material here.[:D][:D][:D]<---- we refer to these as legal thingy's - it allows us to say things that might offend some, but sort of signal that we are only joking (in this case I'm not, but don't tell the rest of the people in this asylum)

If you missed some earlier posts, here a group shot of the gang.

Strum

Washburn - WD32SW
Washburn - Cumberland J28SDL
Washburn - EA20SDL
Epiphone - G400
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE CUMBERLAND BRIGADE
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD