Username: Password:

Author Topic: SERIAL NUMBER  (Read 169879 times)

Offline Hawklord

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:57 PM »
Hiya folks and this is my first post!

Just wondering if anyone can assist with reading a couple of numbers... one looks like 824065 (last digit a bit splodgy) and the other is x88145 (where x = splodge). Which number's the important one, I wonder.

I had a bit of fun photographing the interior and then contrast-enhancing the pic in photoshop, and here's the result:

(Don't interiors look strange when over-lit and contrasty?)

Thanking you in anticipation!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2010, 02:51:02 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pike

What model t.y.?

black X50. Randall pups  UL & SL, although add says ultra XL. love it though.  Tom.

Offline xxguitargirlxx12

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »
Aye, I'm trying to sell my washburn that i've never used before. my uncle gave it to me when he was drunk...i have no idea what the year is or ANYTHING. can you tell me what year and how much it might cost?

serial: SC02090312

thanks.

Offline Tone Scavenger

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:02 PM »
I have a Washburn EC26 Serial number behind the headstock is 1054... nothing else. The guitar has Stephen Extended Cutaway and it only says
HANDMADE IN U.S.A.
STEPHEN'S EXTENDED CUTAWAY
U.S. AND FOR. PATS. PENDING
It's Cherry Sunburst on a Thick maple top / alder body and maple fretboard... Has a SD Hot rails on the neck and a SD JB on the bridge with a Kahler Spyder Floyd rose licenced tremolo.

I have no clue on the origin of this guitar and if it was a custom ordered versin or what. I suspect is gotta be either a 1988 or a 1989 as far as the Washburn archieves goes.
The tone is in your fingers!

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 03:07:25 AM »

Offline Tone Scavenger

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »
Well, from those lists is where I thought it was from 1988-89, since in 1991 those guitars only came with Basswood bodies and Rosewood fingerboard. Only on Black white and red colors. Mine is none of that. THis is the list that got me confused since I was thinking it was 1991 from the get go... Since short the serial # does start with a 1.

http://www.washburn.com/images/stories/documents/archives/1988.pdf
http://www.washburn.com/images/stories/documents/archives/1989.pdf

The EC26 on these links does have a code for my guitar color which will be CS As in Cherry Sunburst. It also doesn't specify the body wood neither the fingerboard wood. It just confuses me, and I've read that washburn destroyed all their records from that era...

Offline Tone Scavenger

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
Unless it was indeed a special custom order in 1991...

Offline Cornish Boy

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
Special order possible TS, but would think that the small numbers produced of that particular model could well have been sprayed in a good number of different colors-finishes-pup configurations, over that period. Then bodies matched with necks according to someone at the plants choice of how sales were going with different combinations. Guess we'll never know for sure, personally I think that's part of the attraction of these elderly Washburns, 'cos if anybody does know the story of that era, I hope they keep it to themselves. It's better to own a mysterious guitar than a bog standard axe that can have it's entire history revealed, gives you something to do when you're not playing...Search for answers .....

Offline Tone Scavenger

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
I think you are right and that's what's awesome about it. I know I have a guitar that even when I know there's other EC26's out there... they are so rare and scarce that I highly doubt anyone else has another one exactl like mine. I also think it's awesome that I've been ooking for a guitar that had all the characteristics I was looking on it, from the wood choice, the size and the feel! I'm just changing the bridge pickup to a Seymour Duncan SH12 Screamin' Demon because it's the pickup I swear by... any other thing in this model is awesome(altough some people's opinion is that it was made with the ugly chisel, I love it's special ackwardness)

Offline darreno27

• View Profile
    • http://www.vintagewashburn.com
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »
There are a few EC26s/29s/36s floating around that don't go exactly by standard factory options.  Washburn was notorious for doing this at that time.  The EC26s were probably shuffled around between Godin (the company who CNC'd the parts) and Steve Davies' Seattle shop at that time.  They 26s were more customized than the Japanese-made EC29s and 36s because they were produced in small quantities - it's not unlikely to see deviations in them.

As for the serial #, Washburn gives no clue on how to decipher it.  Could be made in '91 and 54 total produced...could be 4 for that year.  Who knows.  They were made from '88-'91 - They stopped producing them when the USA N4 came about.

Offline elrado_wash

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 03:38:52 AM »
Hi there,
can someone decode the serial of my D46S?
it's CC090825505.
I know it's made in China, but where stands the first C for? I assume it's made on August 2009, the 25th and it's the 505 guitar made that month.
Is this correct?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:26:47 AM by elrado_wash »

Offline thenutzrutz

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »
Hi there noob here

Can someone tell me when this was made and what model it is as im looking at getting it but dont want to be ripped off etc,

serial code on neck base plate is 0020135

cheers
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:05:27 AM by thenutzrutz »

Offline darreno27

• View Profile
    • http://www.vintagewashburn.com
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
Looks like a KC series.  Made in the late 80s.

Offline jerrylee

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
I have a d-18  ser # 91195... I know of another that is 91193... so I interpret this to mean MIJ  cerca 1991

Offline paul823guitar

• View Profile
SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
I have a Made in USA that I got as a gift - I know nothing about it - the serial # is 9408107 - its a strat shape - s-s-h (seymour duncan) with a floating Wilkinson tremelo - translucent blue quilted top - 22 frets - 5 position switch, 2 pots (master volume, master tone)tuning gears clamp the string in using a flathead screwdriver.
any idea what I have?

thanks