Username: Password:

Author Topic: M3SWE opinions  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Foggymtnman

• View Profile
M3SWE opinions
« on: February 08, 2004, 05:47:15 PM »
I am considering buying a M3SWE, and was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about it's quality, playability, etc. Please give me any feedback you may have. Thanks.

Offline olmando

• View Profile
    • http://myweb.cableone.net/dirck7/
M3SWE opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 09:43:29 AM »
Sure Foggymtnman, I enjoy the Washburn M3SWE and find it to have excellent fingerboard action. While I am a beginning mando player, I have played the guitar for years so I know good action when I play.  I had a little trouble with the electric part of the mando when it first arrived from the factory. One of the wires from the piezo pickup was disconnected and the mando would not amplify while connected to the amplifier. After contacting the factory, they said they would fix it and I would have to pay for shipping. This was obviously a factory defect and I was not happy about sending off my newly acquired mando. I ended up fixing it myself and it works OK, but I was less than impressed with Washburn's response to my problem. I am however impressed with this instrument but just want you to know what you may be up against if you order brand new. I believe they could have better quality control over their intruments but when they come from Korea, what can you expect.

quote:
Originally posted by Foggymtnman

I am considering buying a M3SWE, and was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about it's quality, playability, etc. Please give me any feedback you may have. Thanks.

Dirck Copeland