Username: Password:

Author Topic: ANYBODY IN CT  (Read 3866 times)

Offline yukfoo

• View Profile
ANYBODY IN CT
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PEAPLE TO JAM WITH IN CT. IVE BEEN PLAYING GUITAR FOR 20 YEARS AND ITS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO FIND PEAPLE TO JAM WITH BACK IN THE 80'S IT SEEMED LIKE EVERYONE PLAYED

Offline MrMandolin

• View Profile
ANYBODY IN CT
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:32 AM »
If you are anywhere near Bethany (I'm 11 miles from there, in CT), do a mapquest search for directions to: 312 Litchfield Turnpike, Bethany, CT and go there for a Jam that meets monthly, in a private home.

The list of folks who are on the mailing list is over 800 to date, and at least 200 or more show up each month.

We just had our February gathering this past Friday (the 9th) and as soon as the March one is scheduled and the e-mail is sent out, I'll be putting a posting up.

Please note that if you Google  the term Bethany Jam you will be taken to a site that also provides info on gatherings, called Folkjam.org.

-MrMandolin
That's no oil leak; it's just my car, marking its territory!

Offline Compassman

• View Profile
ANYBODY IN CT
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by MrMandolin

If you are anywhere near Bethany (I'm 11 miles from there, in CT), do a mapquest search for directions to: 312 Litchfield Turnpike, Bethany, CT and go there for a Jam that meets monthly, in a private home.

The list of folks who are on the mailing list is over 800 to date, and at least 200 or more show up each month.

We just had our February gathering this past Friday (the 9th) and as soon as the March one is scheduled and the e-mail is sent out, I'll be putting a posting up.

Please note that if you Google  the term Bethany Jam you will be taken to a site that also provides info on gatherings, called Folkjam.org.

-MrMandolin

That's no oil leak; it's just my car, marking its territory!

All I could find was information on the jam in Bristol. Let me know if the Bethany is still playing.  I am up in Torrington and would like to attend a jam to help improve my playing.  I am stuck and tried formal lessons, but it did not help.