Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Raven  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Chris_T

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:11:02 AM »
Hello!!!
I just found a Washburn Raven (I think it was made in 1980) that seems kind of interesting. The thing is I don't know anything about this guitar and I find it really tricky to find any information about it. So I thought maybe you guys could help me out..

Offline kuden

• View Profile

Offline Chris_T

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:46:50 AM »
Thanks..
I found those sites to, but I still don't really get how good it is (maybe I'm a bit dumb or something).
So I was more wondering if there's anyone who has got one or played one who could tell me.
But thanks anyway=)
By the way the one I found will cost med about 260 dollars (hardcase included)...is that a good deal??

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 11:17:05 AM »
They are good guitars.(but bottom line of the wing series)Some of the best guitars came out of that factory not just washburns.$260 sounds like a fair deal IMHO even if its not all original.If its stock then even better.[:D]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:20:16 AM by mrmudcat »

Offline Chris_T

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 02:19:28 PM »
OK thanks[:)]
Actually it's going to be my first elctric, so I guess I don't demand too much=)

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 09:52:47 PM »
Well thats a great first guitar.Not the ordinary copycat like every other persons axe.Also with the history of the matsumoku factory and the fact late 70's early 80's(1979,1980)was washburns first formative ventures into the electric market makes it a great first guitar!!![:p][:D] The wood work on matsu guitars is some of the best ive ever seen INMHO of any other factory whether U.S.A. or anywhere else[^]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:55:42 PM by mrmudcat »

Offline Chris_T

• View Profile
Washburn Raven
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:47:11 AM »
Alright you convinced me...I think I'll buy it!!![:D]
Thanks!!!