Username: Password:

Author Topic: Taurus T35????  (Read 3333 times)

Offline maddmannmatt

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« on: February 15, 2004, 10:56:41 AM »
Someone online is selling a Taurus T35.  I won't say where cuz Iof this is true, I don't want them to be all gone before I have a chance to get at one!

I will include a link to a pic or two at my website so you can see it.

http://technology.sbu.edu/staff/mtaylor/washpics/index.htm

Despite all of those facts, this looks like a KILLER AXE.  I'm just a bit concerned about the legitimacy.  Seymour Duncan (Bass Lines) Humbucker that is usu on a MusicMan, neck thru, rosewood f/board; coolness abounds!

Can ANYONE tell me if this thing actually exists?

Please e-mail me at mtaylor@sbu.edu with some answers!  THXIA

Offline gravyboat

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 04:00:26 PM »
I just bought one from eBay (probably one of the ones you saw).  For anyone who didn't see the listing, it claims that this was from a limited production run; if interest was sufficient, Washburn would put it into production -- apparently this didn't happen.  It appears to be an active version of the T25.  Mine was new-ish -- it has a couple very minor dings and a little corrosion on the gold hardware, probably from sitting in a showroom for a year.  The eBay listing also claims that this would have been a pro-quality instrument with a list price of $1099 (I got mine for $299).  I don't think it could have competed at that list price, but you know how the list prices of musical gear are (List: $1,000,000, our price, $40).

Here are the specs:
* Stained Mahogany body
* Neck through body
* Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay
* Four control knobs for maximum tonal variance
* Scalding hot Duncan Bass Lines (active) pickup
* Gold colored hardware

I haven't played on it much yet, and haven't changed the strings yet, so I can't offer much on the sound, but for $299 (I see the final ones are now going for $399) it can't be beat.  

Offline gravyboat

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 09:15:04 AM »
As a follow-up, supposedly there were only 33 of these made.

Offline willnjenn

• View Profile
    • http://www.neverleave.com
Taurus T35????
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 08:46:42 PM »
I purchased a T35 & a T34 from the people off ebay. The T35 is now my favorite bass to play by far! It has tone for days. It has an incredible warm rich sound to it. Now the 4 stringer had a problem. It would stop working from time to time. I took off the back plate and found that one of the wires wasn't saudered on to the guitar jack and it was just floating around in there. I saudered it on, and it works like new. The weird thing is, the 2 basses sound completely different. While the 5 string has the warmness, this one comes in angry and abrassive. I really like that I got 2 different sounds coming from twin basses. I can get more creative going back and forth between them. These were definately worth the little bit of money that I got away with paying for them. If you can catch one, go for it!

Offline Fourstring

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheManyFacetsofPoindexter
Taurus T35????
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 07:23:36 PM »
Sounds like a score to me!

what do I think about when i play?  Left finger, right finger, left finger, thumb...Doh!

http://www.freetimes.com/index.php?module=FormExpress&func=display_form&form_id=11

GO here to vote for me as Best Bassist in the Cleveland Free Times Music Awards!!!

Offline muzik316

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 12:03:16 AM »
If anyone want to sell there T35 let me know. I had a pot go out on my T34 and it was hell getting it replaced. They are 100k pots i think. I work in a music store and had a devil of a time if that tells you anything. i also broke a tuner a few weeks ago so I replaced them all with grovers. They had to mod it a bit do to length of the grovers but it plays great. I also had a badass bridge put on. heehehehe. It friggin rocks.

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 06:29:56 AM »
I have an off the shelf T24 and it plays like butter. I use it for jazz and the sound is just right there. The wood grain on mine doesn't look anything like the ones I've seen in photots either from the company or people selling them. The wood on the wings of my bass is swirling in a thousand different directions. It's supposed to be mahogany, but it's like they ran out of that and made it out of cocobolo or something. I'll never get rid of it.
no frets?

Offline Guitar_dork

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 08:27:42 PM »
I have a T35, and it is sick. Is it true they only made 33? Thats ridiculous.
Holla atcha Boy!!

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
Taurus T35????
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 06:30:07 AM »
I believe that's close. It was a prototype.
no frets?