Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn T-Bird  (Read 5450 times)

Offline stratokatsu

• View Profile
Washburn T-Bird
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:26:18 PM »
A friend traded some computer stuff for this guitar. Basically, it's a dual humbucker, double cut, 3 position switch, 2 volume control, 1 master tone control, through body stringing on a stop tail bridge. The saddles look like brass. The neck is slim with medium jumbo frets. Serial number is 830713.

This particular one is a mess from the standpoint that some previous owner tried to touch up the red paint, but the silly thing sounds like a dream. I plugged it in expecting garbage and I got roses!

Has anyone heard of this model? He would really like to know.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:36:59 PM by stratokatsu »
Lots of guitars and an understanding wife

Offline stratokatsu

• View Profile
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »
Here are a couple pics. For some reason, I couldn't edit the original post to include them.

-----------------------------------------
Jimmy Buffett wishes he could be me!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:38:27 PM by stratokatsu »

Offline Accept2

• View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/accept2/sets/72157601034910181/
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 07:01:14 AM »
Its an 83. TBirds were part of the Wing Series. It was originally a Raven with a trem............

Offline stratokatsu

• View Profile
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »
Thanks...

I'm not familiar with various Washburn models, so was this supposed to be more an entry level guitar, middle of the line or higher end for it's time? Could anyone venture a guess what it cost new? The condition of the body is pretty chipped up and some paint is peeling, so the current condition is definitely rough.

I also noticed it's laid out very much like a Hamer with two volume controls and one master tone. Was that standard or do you think the previous owner modified it to be that way?

Thanks again...

-----------------------------------------
Jimmy Buffett wishes he could be me!

Offline Accept2

• View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/accept2/sets/72157601034910181/
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »
The controls are stock. The Raven was the entry level of the Wing series, so the TBird was right there too.......

Offline ageilers

• View Profile
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
Still a nice guitar. Made in Japan at Matsumoku. They are known for their excellent quality. It may be entry level, but is not like any entry level you will find today. I would love toown one of those but everyone I see on ebay is sooo expensive. Enjoy,
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:20:25 PM by ageilers »
Adam

Offline jiffyjiffypopped

• View Profile
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »

I have a washburn t-bird that im looking to sell its in pretty good condition one volume knob has a little chip off but other than than that great guitar, if any1 is interested let me know and ill put up some pics and u can make an offer....if no intrests on here in the next few weeks u might find it up on ebay....hahah....let me know if u want more info

Offline RADIO1

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/pzproject
Washburn T-Bird
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »
Loved the T-Birds. I have a Raven (81), a Falcon (83), and an A20 (83). Love them all. Don't a T-Bird yet, but always looking.

www.myspace.com/pzproject

Pat Zelenka: Guitarist