Username: Password:

Author Topic: xb100  (Read 1941 times)

Offline layman

• View Profile
xb100
« on: March 01, 2004, 09:33:25 AM »
I just picked up a xb 100 for my son to learn on.What do I have as for as quality. What kind of pickups does it have. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 02:39:28 PM by layman »

Offline jBiRob

• View Profile
xb100
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 02:53:31 PM »
well my first bass was a xb100 servers its purpose had for little over a year basic controls volume and treble i generally have my volume turned up all that way and my treble in the middle or so perty much if you turn the treble all the way its a punchy tone or if you turn it all the way down its a more smooth somewhat flowing tone....no problems with mine besides the generall battle scars and ect...the only real problem was the treble nob got loose and i had to tighten that but other than that its a good bass to start off with id suggest gettin him a digitech bp50 great bday present 80 presets total have one myself and its very nice also

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
xb100
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 06:07:10 AM »
I always used the tone control full on so that it had enough bottm. Actually, the XB100 is similar to a Fender Precision in sound, but is more playable due to it's low C profile neck and the lightness of the head. If I ever had a complaint it was that the bass went out of tune about once each week, but that's about it. The bridge is adaquate but not the best, but once it's adjusted you can leave it anyway, just make sure you slack the string before adjusting the string height at the bridge.
no frets?

Offline layman

• View Profile
xb100
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 12:32:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jBiRob

well my first bass was a xb100 servers its purpose had for little over a year basic controls volume and treble i generally have my volume turned up all that way and my treble in the middle or so perty much if you turn the treble all the way its a punchy tone or if you turn it all the way down its a more smooth somewhat flowing tone....no problems with mine besides the generall battle scars and ect...the only real problem was the treble nob got loose and i had to tighten that but other than that its a good bass to start off with id suggest gettin him a digitech bp50 great bday present 80 presets total have one myself and its very nice also

Offline layman

• View Profile
xb100
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 12:34:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by layman

I just picked up a xb 100 for my son to learn on.What do I have as for as quality. What kind of pickups does it have. Thanks

Thanks For the info.If you were going to change the pickups what would it be. Later

Offline jBiRob

• View Profile
xb100
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 07:40:38 PM »
id pronly go get some emg