Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Force5 Bass  (Read 1831 times)

Offline AmpedBP

• View Profile
Washburn Force5 Bass
« on: March 01, 2004, 03:54:32 PM »
I recently purchased a Washburn Force5.  It is a beautiful guitar; however, I found that there were some problems in the quality department.  I had a new one on order but have been told that they have been recalled or something.  Has anyone heard this, or anything like this?

Offline raybo71

• View Profile
Washburn Force5 Bass
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 11:30:31 PM »
I picked up my Force 5 in September. Have been pleased and have not experienced any issues. What sort of quality issues have cropped up?

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
Washburn Force5 Bass
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:45:55 AM »
All this means is that some people in Vietnam are going to get whipped and then ,instead of sharing the same bed with a fellow factory worker, they're going to have to sleep outside in the rain. At least that's the story line if you believe what they say on TV. I just bought a T24 which is also made in Vietnam and it is the best bass I've played. Absolutely beautiful, and pictures don't do it justice.
no frets?

Offline AmpedBP

• View Profile
Washburn Force5 Bass
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:14:29 PM »
I'd hate to put someone out in the rain...

... but 1) the nut was cut too low so that the G string gives me fret buz and 2) the intonation was out so the reseller had someone drill and tap a new mounting hole in the bridge for the B string saddle.  The saddle now sits almost off the back end of the bass - it still isn't right and it looks pretty rough.  I wouldn't have thought that a brand new instrument should require such alterations - hence my post.
Would you say that filling in the nut with glue and recutting it is an acceptable fix (for a new instrument)?

Thanks
24 frets!