Username: Password:

Author Topic: question about Washburn X40 pro guitar  (Read 1663 times)

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
question about Washburn X40 pro guitar
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »
Hello, I am 18 and have been playing for about 2 1/2 years and was thinking of getting an upper level guitar..

im pretty sure ive settled on the Washburn X40 Pro.. but I was wondering a couple of things.

1. Do all the guitars have the X on the 12th fret? I have seen pictures with and without on the internet.

2. and also do the guitars ahve the markers on the 3, 5, 7 and 9th frets? or is it on the top like some guitars have?

3.How would you rate this guitar? playing wise etc.

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »
Hey Guns,

I have an X50 and I think it really is a great guitar. Nevermind the fact that I'm trying to sell it. However the X40 is very different having the Floyd Rose you know. I've actually been considering picking up an X40 myself.

On my X50PRO FE I have an ebony fretboard and no X.  The fret markers are on the side of the neck. That's most likely the case with the X40 but I can't tell you that from experience. There are varying options floating around out there.You might want to repost this in the Electric forum.

Founding Member of the Nuno Brigade
Davies Division
Maple on Mahogany Militia

My Guitars

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 12:45:59 PM »
thanks for the answer! ill repost it in the electric forum too

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »
X50 was another One I was thinking about getting. Although my older washburn doesnt have a whammy bar hence why I was thinking of gtting the x40

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »
I personally <love> options. For the longest time I played a Washburn with a standard strat whammy. I didn't use it much because I personally don't see much use in those limited bars.

A few years back I got an Ibanez JS100 as Satriani is one of my guitar heros. I play the $hit out of the floyd rose on that JS100. When I got my first Washburn with a floyd rose (an N4) I found I didn't use the bar much. But when I'm playing any of my other hard tail guitars (LP Standard, Explorer, WV-60, X50) I find I miss the bar.

Now sound is obviously greatly effected by a floyd rose. It really eats up your sustain. So there you have it. I need to try one of those Ibanez guitars with the stop block switch I read about. Have your sustain and wang it too!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:56:42 AM by Chaos Rex »
Davies Division

My Guitars

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »
I believe I will be getting the X50 pro..Im looking for something that will last me awhile.. how do you know if the guitar will have the X on the twelfth fret? I will have mine ordered by my local guitar shop..

and I would guess it should cost around 500$?

Offline Chaos Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »
I don't know if the lack of X signifies a Pro version (which means better pickups) or not. I guess the only way too tell is to ask the dealer if you're not getting it from a walk in store.

Check ebay. There are X50s and X40s of a wide variety.

Davies Division

My Guitars

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 01:27:09 PM »
well the store will be ordering it for me. the picture in their catalog shows it with an X on the 12th fret

Offline CountItOff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
I have and REALLY love the X50proQ that came with the Duncans.  It does have the X on the 12th (perhaps my only dislike) and dots on top.  I am a music professor and like dots on the neck if a student is visual.  As a result I have resorted to Liqid Paper about once every 2 weeks.  It comes right off if you don't want it and doesn't stain.  Good Luck
Charles O. Carey

Offline guns_n_motley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »
well, It doesnt really matter if I have the dots on the neck. As long as they are on the side its fine.