Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Guitars Launches The Pilsen Idol XL  (Read 12009 times)

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
Washburn Guitars Launches The Pilsen Idol XL
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 04:01:20 PM »
Well,I finally have a proper case for my sweet WI70.You are right madrocker when you stated that the case fits the guitar like a glove.Anyways,my thanks to Funky Monkey Music for getting me the right case.To me and my piece of mind,$110.00 well spent.

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline madrocker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
Very cool that Jon at Funky hooked you up with a proper case for your USA Pilsen Idol Edman57. No USA Custom Shop fiddle should be banished to gigbag protection only as accidents are bound to happen in that fashion. Now you can enjoy peace of mind while travelling to that next gig bro. Keep tearing it up!![:D]

Offline EdMan57

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 08:46:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by madrocker

Very cool that Jon at Funky hooked you up with a proper case for your USA Pilsen Idol Edman57. No USA Custom Shop fiddle should be banished to gigbag protection only as accidents are bound to happen in that fashion. Now you can enjoy peace of mind while travelling to that next gig bro. Keep tearing it up!![:D]

Yes,his name was Jon...Thank you!I couldn't think of his name when I first posted.He is a great guy that went the extra mile to get me a real case.I agree with you about gigbags,and that no US built Washburn should be banished to such.Btw,thanks for the encouragement,madrocker.

[:D]

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:47:02 PM by EdMan57 »
My current guitar harem includes a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen XL,Fender American Standard SE Tele,USA Hamer Studio,Fender American Standard SE Strat,Gibson Les Paul Standard,Fender American Series Strat,USA Hamer P-90 Special,ESP PB-500,Malden Keyser and a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »
This is my first post to the forum.  I am trying to find a hard shell case for my WMS studio.  Washburn rep told me I needed a GC38 case but they are discontinued and that's as far as it went.  I haven't been able to find one at any music stores i've searched.
HELP!
WMS washburn studio, ESP EC1000, Epiphone SG,
Epiphone EB3 bass

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by EdMan57

Can you tell me what case fits the new,thicker Pilsen XL models?My WI70 shipped with a GB4 gigbag,but recently I tried to upgrade and buy either the GC40 or GC31R hardshell case...but both were too shallow to fit the guitar.I really want the added protection and security of a quality hardshell,but it looks like nothing currently offered fits the thicker XL models.Btw,I absolutely love my black WI70 Pilsen XL.Anything currently offered or in the works,Washburn guys?

[?]

Ed

My current stable of electric guitars include a USA Washburn WI70 Pilsen Idol,USA Washburn CT-3,USA Washburn MG-120,USA Washburn WMS Studio,USA Hamer Studio,American Fender Custom Strat and a USA Hamer P-90 Special.

WMS washburn studio, ESP EC1000, Epiphone SG,
Epiphone EB3 bass

Offline WB-Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.washburn.com
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 03:03:54 PM »
Originally posted by BillyBoy

Originally posted by EdMan57

Can you tell me what case fits the new,thicker Pilsen XL models?My WI70 shipped with a GB4 gigbag,but recently I tried to upgrade and buy either the GC40 or GC31R hardshell case...but both were too shallow to fit the guitar.I really want the added protection and security of a quality hardshell,but it looks like nothing currently offered fits the thicker XL models.Btw,I absolutely love my black WI70 Pilsen XL.Anything currently offered or in the works,Washburn guys?

The case you want is the GC37WI.  This is what the thick idols ship in now.