Username: Password:

Author Topic: 'Washburn Trio' and Friends  (Read 1858 times)

Offline chrisadam

• View Profile
    • http://yahoo.com
'Washburn Trio' and Friends
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »

Really hope I don't break any 'forum code' by posting these pics of my Washburns with my other non Washburn gear as well. It's Saturday so I got 'everybody' together for a good cleaning and couldn't resist the urge to take a few more pics of my 3 Washburns together; (even though I've put up pics of these guitars before a nice group shot along with a shot of the rest of 'the gang' was just irresistable) so anyway here goes: 1st is of my 3 Washburns together by themselves and the 2nd is of the Washburns together w/ my other guitars.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/chrisadam_2007/?action=view¤t=WashburnTrio.jpg

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/chrisadam_2007/?action=view¤t=WashburnsFriends.jpg

now on the hunt for a nice Washburn acoustic to join the family and may have come across one.....Later.

I'm a criminal with no crime...
the 'kids':
Wshbrn'93 SB 80
stock Eliminator pup's
Wshbrn'97 PII
SD 59 nck, Custm 5 brdge
Wshbrn'04 WI67 Pro
SD 59 nck, CstmCstm brdg
Wshbrn'06 WI64 Brdsey Rd
Stock Pup's
Wshbrn WI62 tobacco brst
stock Pup's
Wshbrn'06 CD36S
Wshbrn'06 D10S

Dean'06 Hardtail Select
SD Jazz nck, JB bridge
Gregg Bennett'02 SST
Samick Piezo pickup
Epi'05 Les Paul Custm
Gibsn Classic 57's nk,br
Epi'06 SJ200
Gibson'00 Les Paul Clssc
stock ceramic pup's

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:53:58 AM »
Man, those are all beauties! Keep us posted on the acoustic.

Offline guitar gal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
Is that an Epiphone LP Ultra on the far right in the group shot? I got one a few weeks ago that had been on backorder. It's currently in my local shop for a set up. Didn't have a whole lot of time to play around with the Ultra before I took it in for a set up, but I really liked it so far.

GG

Offline chrisadam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
Pike, thanks for the compliment. Looking at a Washburn SJ32S right now that has a cedar top and ebony back and sides, BEAUTIFUL to look at. w/ that combination of woods I can only guess what it sounds like; cedar is brighter sounding than spruce while ebony, I believe, is darker sounding.....Guitar Gal, now you've gone and done it; I have an excuse to name them ALL for you, lol. the LP paul on the right is a Gibson Les Paul Classic while the Black one on the left is in fact an Epi, an Epi les Paul Custom that I upgraded w/ Gibson '57 Classic pickups. I like the way it sounds better than the Gibson, though the pickups in the Gibson are ceramic, much 'hotter' than the Classic pickups; go figure, same name on the Gibson guitar, but very different pickups. (want to leave the Gibson 'stock' however) The center acoustic is another Epi, an SJ200, their Jumbo guitar while the tobacco burst flame at it's head is a Dean Hardtail Select (mahogany body, maple cap) that I, again, upgraded w/ Duncan pickups, a JB bridge and a Jazz neck, very popular combination that sounds great. Last but not least is my Samick Greg Bennett 'Electric-Acoustic', a solid body mahogany electric that has a piezo pickup and 'soundhole', designed to sound like an acoustic. And it does, with NO feedback as well. (Picked it up because I was always trying to snag a Washburn 'Red Rocker' or an Epi Chet Atkins SST at the right price at the right moment and it came along first. Are you familiar w/ the Washburn 'Red Rocker'? Very nice guitar!) So anyway their you go, you now know the 'names' of my entire crew. (AND my youngest son has 3 more of his own...GAS is alive and well in this household;-) Change the subject here for a minute, GG; did you catch my thread in the Electric forum on switching out the VCC in the WI67? Wanted to know how you were finding the VCC.....

chrisadam

the 'kids':
Wshbrn'93 SB 80
stock Eliminator pup's
Wshbrn'97 PII
SD 59 nck, Custm 5 brdge
Wshbrn'04 WI67 Pro
SD 59 nck, CstmCstm brdg
Wshbrn'06 WI64 Brdsey Rd
Stock Pup's
Wshbrn WI62 tobacco brst
stock Pup's
Wshbrn'06 CD36S
Wshbrn'06 D10S

Dean'06 Hardtail Select
SD Jazz nck, JB bridge
Gregg Bennett'02 SST
Samick Piezo pickup
Epi'05 Les Paul Custm
Gibsn Classic 57's nk,br
Epi'06 SJ200
Gibson'00 Les Paul Clssc
stock ceramic pup's

Offline chrisadam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:44:58 AM »
Almost forgot, re the above, and DON'T want to slight my Washburns at the head of the bed; L to R they are the WI67, the PII and my WI64 Birdseye. Most of you who read my earlier threads already knew this, so this is more for the sake of anybody else catching this.

chrisadam

the 'kids':
Wshbrn'93 SB 80
stock Eliminator pup's
Wshbrn'97 PII
SD 59 nck, Custm 5 brdge
Wshbrn'04 WI67 Pro
SD 59 nck, CstmCstm brdg
Wshbrn'06 WI64 Brdsey Rd
Stock Pup's
Wshbrn WI62 tobacco brst