Username: Password:

Author Topic: wb66 Idol Bass Pickups  (Read 1826 times)

Offline whizack

• View Profile
wb66 Idol Bass Pickups
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:23:14 PM »
I recently bought a new idol series bass and I'm thinking about replacing the pickups in this w/ bartolini's but the hole patterns for pretty much any pickup I can find don't seem to match the 4 hole pattern on the pickup covers and CS basically said any pickup that fits in the hole will work, thx bye.

Does anyone know if the BC soapbar series barts will fit? I don't think the W4's will, they're a little too wide.

Offline whizack

• View Profile
wb66 Idol Bass Pickups
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:38:23 AM »
As an update, I took some measurements of the stock pickups, the hole for the pickups are 4w x 1.5h

I found some bartolini's in the M4 series (same size as EMG-HZ 40's but for 4 string) I guess a better question wouldn't be will these fit but more along the lines of does anyone know why these WONT work?

My primary concern is still the mountings/screws, I've never replaced pickups in a guitar before and I sure as hell dont want to ruin my bass.

Local stores dont sell barts here, so i'll probably have to buy these blindly and then ask a local store to do the install.

I just dont want to show up at the store w/ these pickups in hand and suddenly hear yeah, um those wont go in this bass, you wasted $200 dollars