Username: Password:

Author Topic: So, it has come to this.  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Fretless Johnny

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bessitis
So, it has come to this.
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »
We've been moderated.  Who would have thought a simple little guitar forum could need someone to step in and make people behave like civilized human beings.  I guess it was inevitable.  Thanks, Mike, for stepping in, and I for one appologize that you had to.

Can we get back to talking about guitars and music again?  What about basses and rhetorical theory?

John
Washburn RO1 Rover
Ibanez AJ200-EVE
Ibanez AF86
Kaman Acoustic Bass
Palatino Upright Bass
'71 Fretless P-Bass
'71 Fretted P-Bass
'06 Highway 1 P-Bass

Offline jnizzoh

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:02:40 PM »
so. who wants to buy me a parlor? EH? EH?!

John
----------------
To create is divine, to reproduce is human
-Man Ray

Fender Telecaster Standard (mexican)
Breedlove ac250-CR
Washburn wd32sw
Washburn wd43s
Old Yamaha Classical

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:28:47 PM »
Oh, come on Johnny, anyone who has ever voiced a difference of opinion or who had a spat with someone else, on a forum or anywhere else, is uncivilized? I have never understood your suppositions and still don't. You tell me that I come on here and stir things up, yet this is the second time you have insulted those of us that had the disagreement. Then you say in another post that you know you are going to get attacked again, but it is actually you doing the attacking. No pal, you I don't understand, or worse, maybe I do.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:35:41 PM by Pike »

Offline Fretless Johnny

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
Pike, this isn't about YOU.  Please.  What an ego.  

I said WE'VE been moderated.  I said it in a humorous way. I'm trying to rebuild this *community*.  I even appologized to Mike, though I did nothing wrong.  Yet still you find fault and take it personally.

How did I insult you?  By saying those who were bickering weren't acting like civilized human beings?  Is that an insult?  

It's normal to have spats.  It's unhealthy for them to be dragged out the way this one has.  

Why are you trying to pick another fight?  This isn't about you.  

You have never understood my suppositions and still don't?  Then don't read my posts and surely don't respond to them if you don't understand them.  It seems the only posts you don't understand are the ones where I don't come down on your side.  Others seem to get what I'm saying just fine.

I surely didn't start this thread to argue...but look where we are now...and look who started it.

John
Washburn RO1 Rover
Ibanez AJ200-EVE
Ibanez AF86
Kaman Acoustic Bass
Palatino Upright Bass
'71 Fretless P-Bass
'71 Fretted P-Bass
'06 Highway 1 P-Bass

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 12:01:24 AM »
Oh really, now you're backing out and telling me that I am not one of the ones you are critiquing as being uncivilized or who has been moderated?  RIIIGGGGHT. Yes Johnny, calling someone uncivilized is an insult. I'm not picking another fight, but I'm also not going to be called uncivilized by someone who doesn't know any better. You might have some fooled with your egotistical schtick buddy, but I ain't one of 'em.

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 12:08:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fretless Johnny

Who would have thought a simple little guitar forum could need someone to step in and make people behave like civilized human beings.  I guess it was inevitable.  Thanks, Mike, for stepping in, and I for one appologize that you had to.
Since it was my thread that got deleted does that make me the uncivilized one? I was just sharing something I thought might be of interest to the forum. I'm sure I'd want to know, or at least hear it so I can make my own decision.

Also sounds like you're thanking Mike for deleting my post and apologizing for what you see as my bad behavior.

Thanks bud. Way to stay out of it and talk about guitars.

I used to respect you when you were dead set against censorship. It's not much of a position though if you apply it selectively. [B)]

Dreadman
My Guitars
Dreadman

The easiest way to make people believe you are a good man is to be a good man.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 12:11:44 AM »
Ya, shoot Johnny, you and I used to get on real well too. Lets get back to that somehow.

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 12:13:31 AM »
I just noticed something that I don't understand John. Why are you writing like you've never seen this forum censored before? I just realized that you've been here through at least 5 big blowouts over forum censorship.

Dreadman
My Guitars
Dreadman

Offline Dreadman

• View Profile
    • G-Tech Guitar Works
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pike

Ya, shoot Johnny, you and I used to get on real well too. Lets get back to that somehow.

Ditto to this.

Dreadman
My Guitars
Dreadman

Offline Fretless Johnny

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
WTF? You are both thin-skinned little babies. Yeah, that was an insult.  Grow up.  I wasn't thanking Mike for deleting anything, just for trying to bring order to the forum...which was wayyyy out of order.  Again, get over your egos already, both of you.

Egotistical schtick?  I have no schtick, pal. I've been nothing but straightforward.  And how am I being egotistical, Mr. Everything is About Me?

This isn't about censorship.  You two act like your personal freedoms and rights are being impinged.

Yeah, I was here for all the other censorship blowouts and they all ended the same.  It's Washburn's forum and they can do what they want with it.  It's not a public sphere.  It is a private forum owned by a private company, which does not entail any rights to the users other than, at best, some common decency from fellow users.  That little bit has been thrown out the window as well.

Since neither of you seem to understand, allow me to explain my higly difficult post'

We've been moderated. (Note the use of the first person plural, connecting myself to the group and accepting responsibility as a member who has in the past been less than civilized.) Who would have thought a simple little guitar forum could need someone to step in and make people behave like civilized human beings. (there is no insul here.  People were being uncivilized.  Civilized people try to work through their problems, not yell at each other over and over again. If you take that as an insult, then that's your personal problem.  I didn't name anyone in this statement.)

If you think you were one of the uncivilized ones, own up to it.  If you don't than what do you care?  I didn't point out a single person, but here you both are all worried that I was talking about you.

And Pike, I'm not backing out of anything.  I never said YOU were uncivilized, so I can't retract that now can I.

If I need to play nice and sit here and listen to ALL of you bicker to be a nice guy and have you still like me, forget it.  I was *trying* to extend the olive branch here...but aparently some people aren't ready for that.

Oh and another thing.  Friends don't come with conditions.  You either are or you aren't.  If you two want to set up some rules so you can like me again, well I've got plenty of friends who like me just fine.

Am I being uncivilized right now?  Yep, most likely.  Do I appoligize for it?  Yep.  But I never, ever, ever in this post pointed fingers or named names, yet you two feel the need to come at me personally. You want to push; I can push back.  

Shoot, with friend like you two, who needs enemas.

Washburn RO1 Rover
Ibanez AJ200-EVE
Ibanez AF86
Kaman Acoustic Bass
Palatino Upright Bass
'71 Fretless P-Bass
'71 Fretted P-Bass
'06 Highway 1 P-Bass

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 01:34:27 AM »
What a banal and less than civilized reply Johnny. Your angry, primitive rantings belie your true nature and your obvious lack of character. You get called on it and explode and call me a thin skinned baby? [8D] Simply because I told you that I don't understand you? [8D] The truest example of immaturity. You praise Browndog for moderating out the very behaviors you yourself so readily and hypocritically engage in. Stop trying to be something you are not. Nobody is fooled by it. On the one hand you try to pretend that you are above the shuffle then on the other hand you dive right in. When the day comes, if it ever does, that you get honest with yourself and figure out who it is that you really are, and have something truly constructive to say, I'll listen. Until then, I really can't take much of what you say seriously. You are one fellow who really should stick to just discussing guitars.

Offline Fretless Johnny

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 01:49:48 AM »
Pike, thanks so much for showing me that I have no idea who I am.  Man, without you, I would have been lost forever.  Maybe you can show me the person I'm supposed to be.  I should stick with talking about guitars?  Hmm, now you are telling me how to talk as well?  What do you really know about me?  Not much.  What do I know about you, not much either, but I don't run around telling you what to say.  That's the difference.  I don't think it's my place in the world to tell everyone else what to do.  

You think I'm some kind of kid, don't you?  It comes across in all of your condescending remarks.  Man, I spent seven years in the Army.  I've lived in a combat zone, so I'm pretty sure I know just who I am.

Stop trying to be something I'm not?  What exactly is that?  What am I trying to be?  What am I really, if not myself?  Come on man, you obviously know more about me than I do.  Enlighten me.  You use a few multiple syllable words and think you sound intelligent. Oooh, I'm banal.  Come on, man.  

Or better yet, you stick to your side of things and I'll stick to mine.  We can co-exist without each other.  We've both been doing it for years.  

Your character is abundantly clear as well.  And, obviously, mine is not up to your strict standards.  Guess I'll just have to shuffle through life without your approval.  

When the day comes, if it ever does, that you get honest with yourself and figure out who it is that you really are, and have something truly constructive to say, I'll listen.

That sentiment goes both ways, pal.  Why don't you look at the plank in your own eye before you worry about the splinter in mine.

I won't be replying to anymore of your posts.  There's really no point to it.  Best of luck to you.

John
Washburn RO1 Rover
Ibanez AJ200-EVE
Ibanez AF86
Kaman Acoustic Bass
Palatino Upright Bass
'71 Fretless P-Bass
'71 Fretted P-Bass
'06 Highway 1 P-Bass

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 02:22:02 AM »
quote:
Then don't read my posts and surely don't respond to them if you don't understand them.
Ah, but this is you running around and telling me what to say Johnny. Some of my buddies lived through combat zones in Viet Nam. Not all of them know who they are. Yes, I did think you were some kind of kid. I guess I was wrong. I appreciate your service to our country and your defense of our freedoms. I'm sorry we had this run in.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:27:42 AM by Pike »

Offline Simon

• View Profile
    • http://s-kvindal.homepage.dk/
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 02:26:33 AM »

I like cheese...

--
Proud member of The European Jam Group
Men are from here, and women from way the he** over there. My bio (and others) in What makes you tick

Offline Pike

• View Profile
So, it has come to this.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 02:29:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

I like cheese...

[:D][:D][:D] Hear no evil! [8D]