Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn FM 333 Rebel  (Read 29538 times)

Offline metalmania20

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jay86868686
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:12:11 AM »
What's up guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been registered for about a week now. I've just kind of been lurking around and checking things out.

Today I received my Washburn FM 333 Rebel from Funky Monkey. And first off I would like to say that I'm extremely pleased with this guitar. I was really weird about buying it at first not expecting much for $450 bucks. It's more than what I expected for the money. I own a Dean From Hell CFH and a Dean 79 ML. And my Washburn can definitely hang with the Deans. It came set up perfect right out of the box. The ''washburn high gain pickups'' were better than I thought they would be. Me being a tone freak they definitely do not do the trick and they will be replaced tomorrow morning when I get a chance to throw some EMG's in it. The neck is perfectly straight and the frets have been filed down perfect. No fret buzz or anything. The guitar is heavier than my Deans  . But I like a heavy guitar. The Star inlays look great. The LFR trem holds tune just fine. And tomorrow I'm also putting a original floyd rose in it. Besides the pickups and the bridge I give this guitar a 10. The playability is smooth with no fret buzz. I'm very pleased with this score. I've changed my mind about Washburn I hope to see the same type of products being put out in the future. So if you are thinking about getting this guitar, it's well worth the money. Mine is number 32 of 48. Here are a few pictures.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:15:10 AM by metalmania20 »
-Dean From Hell CFH
-Dean 79 BrazilBurst with/EMG's
-Washburn FM 333 Rebel
-ESP LTD EC-400AT
-Ibanez RG

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »
Nice Dude, the flag graphic is awesome! Welcome aboard.

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:37:29 AM »
Nice Family you have threre thanks for sharing.
Welcome to the forum.

MY young family.

Washburn DM2000sce
washburn M1SDL
Oscar Schmidit 0G2
Fender FM 52e
Epiphone TB75

Offline metalmania20

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jay86868686
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
I appreciate it, I look forward to more Washburns in the future. Especially a Stealth when I can get my hands on one.
-Dean From Hell CFH
-Washburn FM 333 Rebel
-ESP LTD EC-400AT
-Ibanez RG

Offline Ridner666

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ridner
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »
I had one on order, but had a financial disaster.  Maybe I can still fund one somewhere down the line.  Sweet axe!

Offline sofnwhat

• View Profile
    • http://neuroblastmusic.com
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »
Nice collection you got going there. I recently bought a Snow Camo Washburn WE333SC, which is just like yours, only different finish and a $399 price tag from Funky Monkey. I agree with you on every point. I guess I had GAS, bought it, and then was second guessing it. But it truely was a great buy. It plays and feels like an 86 Gibson Explorer that I used to have, and that is a very good thing. I bought Gib Explorer new in 2001, which I didn't keep very long because I didn't like the way played or felt. This $399 Washburn is a heck of a lot better than that $1,200 Gibson was. I'm fine with the LFR trem, but the pickups have to go. I a big EMG fan. I have them in my 98 ESP Custom Explorer and my 84 Gibson Flying V, and I thought of putting a pair in, but I think I'm interesting trying out Dimarzio's new pickup, the D Activator. It's supposed to have all the quailities of active pickups in passive form. I have heard good things about them from other EMG fans. I have a few Dimarzio Super Distortions laying around, I might drop one into the bridge to see what happen before I order the D Activator.
My other axes are as follows :
Washburn D10- my 1st guitar
Charvel 625C-6 string acoustic/electric
Charvel 625C-12 string acoustic/electric
98' ESP Custom Explorer
84' Gibson V
99' Gibson Gothic V
Late 80's Charvel Model 6
Washburn WE333SC
Line 6 Variax 500
4 other nothing special project guitars

Offline CALLISTO

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »
HALLO I JUST WANNA SAY COMPADRE!!! FROM DOWN  AMERICA ..... I GOT THE RED WASHBURN ALSO BY THE MONKEY MADE IS´N IT ?? ....THE MINE´S #20 ....I´M AGREE ITS EN EXCELLENT INVERTION I USED TO HAVE  WRONG CONCEPT OF WASHBURN  NOW IS TOTALLY THE OPOSSITE ..... WELL THEN ....I HAVEN´T ADD MY PICS WAIT FOR THEM .-...YOÚLL GET AWESOMED I SURE U

Wshburn dime guitars just the best choice to die for!!
Washburn dime guitars just the best choice to die for!!

Offline SSJ4Shadow3

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 01:08:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by metalmania20

What's up guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been registered for about a week now. I've just kind of been lurking around and checking things out.

Today I received my Washburn FM 333 Rebel from Funky Monkey. And first off I would like to say that I'm extremely pleased with this guitar. I was really weird about buying it at first not expecting much for $450 bucks. It's more than what I expected for the money. I own a Dean From Hell CFH and a Dean 79 ML. And my Washburn can definitely hang with the Deans. It came set up perfect right out of the box. The ''washburn high gain pickups'' were better than I thought they would be. Me being a tone freak they definitely do not do the trick and they will be replaced tomorrow morning when I get a chance to throw some EMG's in it. The neck is perfectly straight and the frets have been filed down perfect. No fret buzz or anything. The guitar is heavier than my Deans  . But I like a heavy guitar. The Star inlays look great. The LFR trem holds tune just fine. And tomorrow I'm also putting a original floyd rose in it. Besides the pickups and the bridge I give this guitar a 10. The playability is smooth with no fret buzz. I'm very pleased with this score. I've changed my mind about Washburn I hope to see the same type of products being put out in the future. So if you are thinking about getting this guitar, it's well worth the money. Mine is number 32 of 48. Here are a few pictures.

-Dean From Hell CFH
-Washburn FM 333 Rebel
-ESP LTD EC-400AT
-Ibanez RG

hey metalmania20 what was your p&p on the Washburn 333 from funky monkey? im about to get one!:P

-Dean From Hell CFH
-Washburn FM 333 Rebel coming soon
-Ibanez RG

SSJ4shadow3
Dean Black Tooth Grin ML 12#
Dean From HELL for sale !
Washburn Dime 333 Army Camo EMG 81-85
Washburn Dime 333 Stealth
Line 6 150w III Head and CAB
TonePort UX1 & UX2
Looking For a WAshbuRN Stealth!!!!
----England----
----Texas at Heart----

Offline Ancients3xritual

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 10:16:45 AM »
I agree with what was stated above...i was extremely surprised when i got my southern cross because it plays just as good...or even better (i cant believe im saying that haha!) then my deans,its the only guitar i touch now...even with a freaking dimebucker in it it sounds awesome,washburn really made a lasting impact on me!
Dean v select
Dean phantom v
Dean Blacktooth grin #24
Washburn southern cross #19
Randall V2 half stack

Offline SSJ4Shadow3

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sofnwhat

Nice collection you got going there. I recently bought a Snow Camo Washburn WE333SC, which is just like yours, only different finish and a $399 price tag from Funky Monkey. I agree with you on every point. I guess I had GAS, bought it, and then was second guessing it. But it truely was a great buy. It plays and feels like an 86 Gibson Explorer that I used to have, and that is a very good thing. I bought Gib Explorer new in 2001, which I didn't keep very long because I didn't like the way played or felt. This $399 Washburn is a heck of a lot better than that $1,200 Gibson was. I'm fine with the LFR trem, but the pickups have to go. I a big EMG fan. I have them in my 98 ESP Custom Explorer and my 84 Gibson Flying V, and I thought of putting a pair in, but I think I'm interesting trying out Dimarzio's new pickup, the D Activator. It's supposed to have all the quailities of active pickups in passive form. I have heard good things about them from other EMG fans. I have a few Dimarzio Super Distortions laying around, I might drop one into the bridge to see what happen before I order the D Activator.
98' ESP Custom Explorer
84' Gibson V
99' Gibson Gothic V
Washburn WE333SC
Line 6 Variax 500

hey I just got a Snow Camo Washburn WE333SC and when i std and play
and the neck just dops down because the neck is to way to hevay for the body does this happen on the washburn fm 333 rebel?because im going to get one

SSJ4shadow3
Dean Black Tooth Grin ML 12#
Dean From HELL for sale !
Washburn Dime 333 Army Camo EMG 81-85
Washburn Dime 333 Stealth
Line 6 150w III Head and CAB
TonePort UX1 & UX2
Looking For a WAshbuRN Stealth!!!!
----England----
----Texas at Heart----

Offline Shredder_7

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »
I love the Collection you got there. Lookin good!
I also like how you propped them on the wall to save room.
My room is littered with Stands and it takes up soo much room literally! lol
Keep ROCKIN'!

-Andrew/
Shredder
The Arsenal..

Washburn WV16 G11,
Washburn WG - 587,
Washburn Dime36 G17,
Ibanez Gio GSA 60,
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul (Custom),
Samick Acoustic

Offline Drefen

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder_7

I love the Collection you got there. Lookin good!
I also like how you propped them on the wall to save room.
My room is littered with Stands and it takes up soo much room literally! lol
Keep ROCKIN'!

-Andrew/
Shredder

Its easy to hang them.  I have 4 of these on the wall and one floor stand for the one I am using.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/String-Swing-Wood-Guitar-Wall-Hanger?sku=450241

Offline casketkid72

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 11:12:08 PM »
i just got my 333 snow camo today from Funky Munky Music!...and yes i agree the pick ups have to go!!!!gonna drop some seymour duncan active blackouts in it..the only prob i have with this sweet guitar is it had 2 very very fine cracks where the body joins the neck...i hope its just the finish thats crack'd....so i added some black nail polish over the crack's....do you guy's think my baby is ok?...GOD I HOPE SO!....man i love this damn guitar!...lol...my email is casketcrew1972@yahoo.com let me know please if my baby is ok, if its just the finish thats crack'd....thanks guy's you all ROCK!...GETCHA PULL!
Cameron Smith

Offline DiMeBoLyaZ

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:23:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Shadow3

quote:
Originally posted by sofnwhat

98' ESP Custom Explorer
84' Gibson V
99' Gibson Gothic V
Washburn WE333SC
Line 6 Variax 500

hey I just got a Snow Camo Washburn WE333SC and when i std and play
and the neck just dops down because the neck is to way to hevay for the body does this happen on the washburn fm 333 rebel?because im going to get one

SSJ4shadow3

hey guys, Im planning to buy this washburn rebel guitar but im still skeptical about it coz it's kinda cheap compared to most deans...but as im looking at these reviews, i think its a great buy for what its worth. What do you guys think, should i buy this rebel or do you prefer the dean from hell or a dean razorback? coz i mean if the quality of the washburn rebel is not too far from the expensive ones, then why shouldnt i buy one of these babies right? your opinion and suggestions will really help...thanks

BC Rich Platinum Series Warlock
Ibanez RG Series RG320FM
Samick Greg Bennett Design TR3 Torino 3
Dano Fish & Chips EQ
Boss Analog Delay DM-2
MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion
Roland Cube 30
BC Rich Platinum Series Warlock
Ibanez RG Series RG320FM With Dragonfire Active Pickups (81/85) Copy
Samick Greg Bennett Design TR3 Torino 3
Dano Fish & Chips EQ
Boss Analog Delay DM-2
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion
Roland Cube 30

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34:36 AM »
while I'm not a Dime type, I gotta say it's awesome to hear people with actual first hand experience playing both the Deans and the Washburns give such high scores to the Washburns. I was in a shop that deals Dean recently mentioned how much I loved my Idol, and the dude scoffed at me, as though I'd suggested a yugo could take a vette off the line. It was pretty offensive, and, truth be told, dude was just ignorant.

I just took my Idol to a very highly regarded tech to remove the VCC and replace the pots with high end push pulls and tone pots, redress the frets, do a full set up. Now this guy routinely works on the guitars of well established superstars, axes that could sell for tens of thousands of dollars. He called me to tell me it was ready, and said he couldn't believe what a nice guitar it was. Said he never would have expected a korean made Washburn could be so high quality.

Funny thing, anyone who actually takes the time play one seems to draw the same conclusion. Reading this thread is simply further evidence. Cool.

so..Dimebolyaz, while I can't address the dimes specifically, all evidence suggests you can't go wrong with the Washburn. Also, I see you've got a Cube 30X...how do you like that thing? I've got one also, and like the Washburn...it's a well kept secret. An affordable beast, IMHO.[}:)]

cheers!

~kimo

'03 Washburn Idol WI-67PROQTS
'88(?) Washburn HB-35TS
'92 Washburn EA20-12N
'04 Larrivee LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
Roland Cube 30X
Songworks Little Lanilei 3350LT
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2