Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn FM 333 Rebel  (Read 29551 times)

Offline DiMeBoLyaZ

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 04:56:53 AM »
Thanks dude.. I think I will go for the Washburn instead...It's cheaper and has a good quality...About the Roland Cube, it is a good practice amp if not great but for jamming with my band, its not that loud until I added up another distortion. I use 2 distortion pedals at once (MXR Dime and Boss Metal Zone) and it added up huge amounts of volume that my earwax started to drip LOL (just kidding). Anyway, I ordered a set of Dragonfire active pickups but it hasn’t arrived yet but I think it will also make this amp SCREAM. Thanks for the info about the import washys dude. Have a good day....

Cheers...

BC Rich Platinum Series Warlock
Ibanez RG Series RG320FM
Samick Greg Bennett Design TR3 Torino 3
Dano Fish & Chips EQ
Boss Analog Delay DM-2
MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion
Roland Cube 30
BC Rich Platinum Series Warlock
Ibanez RG Series RG320FM With Dragonfire Active Pickups (81/85) Copy
Samick Greg Bennett Design TR3 Torino 3
Dano Fish & Chips EQ
Boss Analog Delay DM-2
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion
Roland Cube 30

Offline splintercellsz

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 12:44:11 AM »
Nice collection man!
GETCHA PULL

Offline tk-kitching

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »
awesome guitars metalmania!!! i have a DFH myself and i was looking at the 333 rebel... your review helped with deciding on getting it or not thanks man!

Offline Ascension

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tio Kimo

while I'm not a Dime type, I gotta say it's awesome to hear people with actual first hand experience playing both the Deans and the Washburns give such high scores to the Washburns. I was in a shop that deals Dean recently mentioned how much I loved my Idol, and the dude scoffed at me, as though I'd suggested a yugo could take a vette off the line. It was pretty offensive, and, truth be told, dude was just ignorant.

I just took my Idol to a very highly regarded tech to remove the VCC and replace the pots with high end push pulls and tone pots, redress the frets, do a full set up. Now this guy routinely works on the guitars of well established superstars, axes that could sell for tens of thousands of dollars. He called me to tell me it was ready, and said he couldn't believe what a nice guitar it was. Said he never would have expected a korean made Washburn could be so high quality.

Funny thing, anyone who actually takes the time play one seems to draw the same conclusion. Reading this thread is simply further evidence. Cool.

so..Dimebolyaz, while I can't address the dimes specifically, all evidence suggests you can't go wrong with the Washburn. Also, I see you've got a Cube 30X...how do you like that thing? I've got one also, and like the Washburn...it's a well kept secret. An affordable beast, IMHO.[}:)]

cheers!

~kimo

'03 Washburn Idol WI-67PROQTS
'88(?) Washburn HB-35TS
'92 Washburn EA20-12N
'04 Larrivee LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
Roland Cube 30X
Songworks Little Lanilei 3350LT
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE FESTIVAL GUILD

I agree many of the cork sniffer folks turn up a nose to my Washburns---. That is untill they actually pick one of my USA's and play them. Then they always freak out with THIS is a WASHBURN WOW!

Washburn USA's 1995 MG 100,102,120,122,1993 MG 104, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype ,  1999 WM4. 2000 Stealth 002
Carvin Customs 1989 V220R, 1990 X220C
Amps
Fender Custom Shop Prosonics
Red one off 100 watter built for Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Black combo modded to a 1/12 and Black head
Late 80's Fender 2/12 cab.
Avatar Blond Oxblood 2/12 with GT-12 75's
Washburn USA's 1995 MG 102,120, One off Grover Jackson era Prototype , 1993 MG 94, 1992 MG 102
Carvin  1990 X220C, 2002 DC 400
2007 PRS Custom 24.
Fender 2000 American Standard Strat, 2014 Modern Player Tele
Amps
 Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet
Boogie Subway Rocket combo, Boogie .50 cal + head

Offline stevedimebag

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Firstly..I am definitely nbot a Dean hater or a hater of any kind but I have to say that I think Dean guitars are poor quality compared to Washburn or many other manufacturers.  
Dean are a company that values $ above all else and will stop at nothing to achieve that, which is fine (thats wehat capitalism is) , but to me their quality suffers and above all else their integrity is - to coin a phrase from ZW - SHOT TO HELL.[8D]
I wouldnt trust a dean guitar as far as i could throw it, although im sure there are many great Dean guitars circulating I just dont trust the company as a whole[:(]

That being said, I wouldnt turn my nose up at a dean guitar but I can say that I would ALWAYS pick a washburn over a Dean, any day of any week of any year.[8]

Offline Shredder14

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
Hey you guys, I just registered to ask you this. There is a guy who lives near me who is selling a Funky Munky Washburn Rebel 333. It is basically in mint condition. But is it really worth $1000 american dollars? Or should I get a Dean Dixie Rebel ML?

My family:
ESP/LTD Kirk Hammett 202
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone SG Standard
Dean Dimeblade
Fender Hard Rock Cafe acoustic
35 year old Jason acoustic (unknown model)
(soon to be) Washburn Rebel 333 or a Dean Dixie Rebel

Offline Maggot

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
Well it depends on what condition it is in, and what upgrades if any have been done to it. They were only made for a brief time for Funky Munky, once they were gone, they were gone. The person probably didnt pay $1000, for it but there again, they dont make them anymore and just for instance if you will, there are Gibson Les Pauls on ebay for $100,000 plus, and thats based on Rariety and age, so who knows what that guitar will be worth years from now. If its near you, go check it out and play it, you might be stealing it for a grand.

Offline Shredder14

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Maggot

Well it depends on what condition it is in, and what upgrades if any have been done to it. They were only made for a brief time for Funky Munky, once they were gone, they were gone. The person probably didnt pay $1000, for it but there again, they dont make them anymore and just for instance if you will, there are Gibson Les Pauls on ebay for $100,000 plus, and thats based on Rariety and age, so who knows what that guitar will be worth years from now. If its near you, go check it out and play it, you might be stealing it for a grand.

Thanks man, I think i'm going to buy it [;)]

Offline summerdog

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/rockguitar247
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
I just picked up a Funky Munky 333 Washburn Dime White Bolt which is supposedly mahogany body and maple/rosewood neck.

If weighs in at only about 7 to 8 lbs where my cheaper china Sno-Camo we333sc weighs about 2 lbs more.

Does anyone know what the body wood of the we333sc is supposedly made of?

I expected the funky munky to be heavier

Click Here To Email Me If You Know

Click Here For A Link To The Funky Munky White Bolt I just got

Offline DarthJester

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
I have one of these Rebel333s and for the money, it's amazing! I could pay 3 times as much as I did and still it might be cheap, it's just that good, atleast in my hands that is.

WAshbuRN ReBeL
WAshbuRN sLiMe
AmP & PicK
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:50:03 PM by DarthJester »
JACKSON Kelly
ESP Explorer
pic
amp

Offline Danny Begonzzz

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 02:19:47 AM »
Does anyone know where i can find the washburn rebel guitar?!

Offline Metalfest01

• View Profile
Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 01:30:14 AM »
Are you selling the Rebel guitar? Please let me know Thanks! :)

Offline Metalfest01

• View Profile
Re: Washburn FM 333 Rebel
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
Hey guys, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING A WASHBURN REBEL, I wanna get one really bad, where is this Funky Monkey website so I can order one? Under $500 is a perfect price for me, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Offline vheissu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
Hey guys, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING A WASHBURN REBEL, I wanna get one really bad, where is this Funky Monkey website so I can order one? Under $500 is a perfect price for me, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

From what I have heard, FM are no longer actually Washburn suppliers and therefore buying directly from them most likely isn't happening. Also, I'm not sure whether $500 would get a brand new rebel (although I don't really know the price of guits on the american market.) Your best bet is to post up a thread stating what you're looking for and waiting to hear back. We have a few guys here who are EXTRMELY knowledgeable when it comes to these guits and there are regular sales of them here. Other than that, keep an eye on the eBay listings and good luck to ya man!

Offline t.y.

• Loud pipes save lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
If you find a Rebel for 500.00, there will be a line wanting it.  LOL.   Tom.  :)