Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Semi recently got a Kemper, and I've been using the AC20 Morgan patch from the rig exchange for most stuff. It's amazing!

However, I'm after these tones :  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

- 'Sparkly' John Mayer cleans. AC20 can do cleans, but looking for something else

- A more shred style profile, for things like Metallica etc

- Some recommendations for great profiles that you like, except for death metal stuff.

Thank you!
Semi recently got a Kemper, and I've been using the AC20 Morgan patch from the rig exchange for most stuff. It's amazing!

- 'Sparkly' John Mayer cleans. AC20 can do cleans, but looking for something else

- Some recommendations for great profiles that you like, except for death metal stuff.

Thank you!

Thank you!
Order online as long as you can return it. Most places have a 45 day return policy. One thing to consider is that most acoustics come with rather high bridges. Often times you need to sand them down a bit to make them playable. There are good tutorials on how to do this on YouTube. Keep in mind if you return it that might be an issue but if it is done well you have only done them a favor.
I bought the Comfort G700SWE and I like it a lot however it had some manufacturing issues right out the gate. I had to return it to get another one. The bridge pins are cheap and will need to be replaced. Overall though I like the tone and playability, especially after I lowered the bridge for better action (most acoustic guitars straight from the manufacturer need this). I'm glad I got a discount on it and am happy with my purchase after a couple of minor tweaks. I also own a Guild D120CE and I like it even better. The tone is warmer with more bass. Both of these have 1 3/4" nut widths which is good for my somewhat longer than average fingers. Just make sure you play the guitar you think you want to buy in the store for a couple of hours and compare it to others. Happy hunting!
I need to buy new pins for my Comfort G700SWE. What size do I need? Can anyone recommend where or what to buy? I prefer TUSQ or bone but I'd settle for ebony if they don't crack and break like the ones that come stock.
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Re: Washburn B-30 Force ABT Survivor
« Last post by RubenVelt on February 08, 2019, 12:45:20 AM »
Hello and Welcome to Washburn Forum,

I had difficulty login to my Washburn Account (go figure right?).  Anyways, there used to me www.vintagewashburn.com operaterd by Darren, unfortunately i think the website is now defunct.

Here are some pictures of my 86' Force ABT B-30
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54785347@N00/albums/72157632890843709

some information: http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/nbd-86-washburn-force-abt-b-30.11072/
General Information about Washburn B-30:
- Offset double cutaway body with figured top
- painted bolt-on maple neck 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay
- black pointy headstock with four-on-one-side tuners
- All black hardware (bridge and tuners)
- Standard Washburn bridge, string through body
- one J-style and one P-style Washburn reverse wound pickups coupling without sacrificing the full range single coil sound.
- Washburn Cruise Control low-impedance active electronics provide + 18dB boost/cut flexibility
- Tone is customized with four knobs (Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass)
- bass is available in various finishes, mfg. late 1980s. (mine is metallic red)

- They were made in Japan at the Kasuga factory - very good quality

(NOTE: information is courtesy of Darren, webmaster of www.vintagewashburn.com)

The Washburn bridge can be either top load or string thru, please note there is adjustment for intonation and height as well as lock, loosen the lock before you adjust.

Unlike the Vulture which i believe is made by Matsumoku..  Kasuga makes workman bass of quality.. someone actually offered to purchase my bass, which i turned down.

Thanks for the information psp742. I'm just going to enjoy my bass as much as I can. Already love playing it and not even a week passed.
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Re: razor sharp fret ends
« Last post by timtheshredder on February 08, 2019, 12:24:02 AM »
Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun. Luckily, it's an easy fix. Typically, sharp fret ends are caused by one of two things:

1. Either the frets weird installed properly.

2. The dry climate has dried out the fretboard and the neck causing them to shrink but leaving the metal frets to stay the same. Thus, they stick out a bit.

Either way, the fix is the same. All you have to do is a get fret end file from StewMac or LMI and run it down the side of the fretboard a few times. It will file down the fret ends that are sticking out and you will be good to go.
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Re: D13s Headstock decal
« Last post by timtheshredder on February 08, 2019, 12:19:18 AM »
I've gotten decals from Luthier Decals before. They are a good place. You could also try AxetremeCreations.com. They have a pretty decent selection of stuff. If neither of those places have anything, check ebay. You're bound to find something on there.
Congrats! That's awesome. I would recommend putting a humidifier in your case and consistently checking it. It doesn't do much good if you don't keep an eye on it. :)

Aside from that, I would recommend cleaning the fretboard with Murphy's oil soap and #0000 steel wool when you change the strings. This will not only condition the fretboard, it will also help you polish the frets.

You can also clean the guitar with Dunlop cleaner. Stay away from anything type of finish cleaner with silicone in it like furniture polish. That stuff will eat away at your finish.

Other than that, have fun and play it everyday. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]