Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: XLR output
« Last post by broz1 on May 02, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
Most informative answer, thanks!

Yes, my Fishman Loudbox Mini has both instrument and mic channel, the latter having an XLR input of course, so can I run the guitar through this too? Not sure why I would want though!
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: XLR output
« Last post by WEBgUy on May 02, 2018, 10:59:33 AM »
The XLR is best suited when you have a performance situation that has a great house PA system.  The lo impedance matches that of a good mixing console so the signal to the board is comparable to all the mics that are also in the console....all round easier for the sound guy to work with.  Great also when your house guy forgot to bring DI boxes!

Lot of acoustic amps are two channel, one channel usually has an xlr....you can use the xlr channel of the amp as an option as well!

General Discussion / Re: is this worth $100 (stupid question)
« Last post by jonyrotten on May 02, 2018, 02:38:16 AM »
too late, i already bought it.  i have a terrilbe habit of asking questions then just doing s**t.  i was bored so i gave him 100 bucks for it.  baby ended up getting some maverick for $60 because it's purple, so that's 2 new ones.  no idea what she bought, that's her problem.  i'll post some pics when i get a chance

it has Tune-o-matic bridge

i've had a little experience with those tails.  another ladder pic hehehehe

Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: D66 SW Prarie song custom project guitar
« Last post by MapleFlix on May 02, 2018, 01:10:23 AM »
I hope your guy knows what he does.. Good Luck!
General Discussion / Re: is this worth $100 (stupid question)
« Last post by psp742 on May 01, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »
hello,

its a Washburn 'Maverick series' model: BT-2, it has Tune-o-matic bridge, Humbucker Humbucker, 3-way switch, made in Indonesia by Samick..  price range from $50 to $125 depending on condition and/or desireable color.

maybe you can ask for better price $75 to $80
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: D66 SW Prarie song custom project guitar
« Last post by Tekkamaki on May 01, 2018, 06:14:32 PM »
The guitar ended up with a friend of a friend who is a Luthier at a local shop.  He thinks that some humility, a bridge re glue and x brace repair will stabilize the guitar.   He said he will throw in a new saddle for the price of a blank.  The work will be about $120 with new strings.

He was not concerned about the cracks.  Non structural.  I will glue them with sanding dust.
General Discussion / is this worth $100 (stupid question)
« Last post by jonyrotten on May 01, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
don't even pay any attention to the subject, just look at this warped ass looking guitar.  for some reason i think this looks so f***ing cool, and i dont' even know why.  i'm a big washy fan as you may know, so this has to, it just has to be worth $100, right?  i'm not familiar with this model at all, so....

i do see it's got a les paul style tail and bridge, which i can get my head around.  anyone have any experience with these demons?

Show Us Your Washburn / Another of my Nunos
« Last post by jonyrotten on May 01, 2018, 05:07:39 PM »
Damn, how many of these things do i have?

This is my favorite by far.  Again, if this has been posted already, delete that one mods, because this is a much better pic.  I have guitars I paid like 20x more for, but guess which one i always come back to.  Yep, it's this one.  For some reason, this one just does it for me.  I can walk the friggin dog on this little jewel.

Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: D-30-SN (cedar/bird's eye maple)
« Last post by MapleFlix on May 01, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »
Thanks Stuart, our guitars are perfect siblings, i can match all details, apart from the body shapes!
(Slope shoulder dreadnought <> 000/Folk)
I'd really like to hear them side by side..
Those F-models, like yours, are really rare.
General Discussion / Gibson files Chapter 11
« Last post by bigcity2 on May 01, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »
Not a good day for Gibson guitars.  Maybe Jamm Industries / Washburn is better positioned to survive this downturn in the retail music marketplace.  (I was wondering who could afford a $3,600.00 Gibson LP standard.....apparently no one)
FWIW....Fender is struggling also....and has been for some time.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]