Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I don't want to spam up your forum board with a duplicate post, so please visit my original post on the Acoustic Guitar board, and if you can offer advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, folks! Here's the thread link:

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,26819.0.html

Cheers!...and thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I really am clueless (as you'll realize once you read the thread!).

Dugly 8)
OK, guys 'n' gals, I have decided that I have enough juiced acoustic guitars that I really do need to get an amp.

I have "chatted" with the technical support department of a few online music equipment retailers and they have all told me that what I want just doesn't exist...so here is what I was hoping for (doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, but what do I know...obviously NOTHING, that's why I am asking for advice):

I would like a single small amp so that I won't need a trailer to do solo gigs.

I would like for the amp to have separate inputs for a microphone and for a single instrument (one of my juiced acoustic guitars or my Epiphone ES335 copy, called a "Dot")

I really prefer the sound of Class A (Tube amps) over Solid State, so I'd like for the amp to be a tube type.

I don't need a large speaker, so a small speaker (6.5"-8" would be fine, I think) seems advisable. I am not going to be playing large venues, just small bars, that sort of thing. The larger bars have a PA system into which I can and do already plug in.

You'd think I had asked for the moon and the stars to hear the advice I got from online retailers.

What do you all use? I can't imagine I'd ever want to use distortion or pedals or any of that stuff...just make my guitar and my voice loud enough to be heard over the din.

So...what are you using, folks?

Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: Weird Washburn Idol guitar, need to identify it!
« Last post by Bulwyf on April 25, 2017, 11:27:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply! :D, my first guess was the same as yours since my guitar doesn't have a serial number, according to Wasburn FAQ that could mean that it is a prototype or an early version of the final WI66V model.

An yeah, it is a really nice looking guitar, and it sound and feels awesome, i work in my country as an electric guitar salesman in a really big local music store so i have tested an played a lot of expensive guitars, and this washburn feels as good as any of the guitars i have tried in my job, like a really well made instrument, so i'm really happy with it :)
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: Weird Washburn Idol guitar, need to identify it!
« Last post by Tony Raven on April 25, 2017, 11:04:48 PM »
Yah, I do see what you mean -- that horn immediately reminded me of a P2 (which is more extreme still). But everything else is definitely WI66V (2002-2003) in Transparent Blue.

It's possible that what you have is an early demo, either showing what the factory could do with the design or for a sales rep to show to big retailers in hope of stirring up advance orders.

One of the best examples of Korea-made Washburn, though my opinion is a little biased. ;D In any case, a very good guitar, & nice-looking too.
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: So Long Washburn
« Last post by psp742 on April 25, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
Take it easy and drop in from time to time, Ship.  I love Washburn still and am thankful to have meet you all who make this humble forum great.. all the hard to find information both interesting and obscure being shared.. the randomness of the model names and serial number..  I almost always drop by 2x or 3x a week to read post.. admin please sticky all the historical and informative post that way it will not get lost in the forum. Thanks Ship for all your contributions to the forum and sharing your wit with us.
Ric,
Hi, I am new here and I have an issue with a hollow body guitar.  I have never had this issue with a guitar so I hope I can get some advice. My Oscar Schmidt OE40 buzzes at a NH you setting below 10 on the pots, both pickups and all pots. If I turn the tone down buzz, turn the tone up no buzz then turn the volume down buzz. All pickup selections it does this. It gets better with a higher quality cable but I like to use my tone control. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Wouldn't a bad ground always make noise nut just below 10?
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: So Long Washburn
« Last post by MapleFlix on April 25, 2017, 06:56:16 AM »
Goodbye ship! It's been a while but maybe you still read this. I've been checking this forum occasionally since two years, also digging in old posts, and I very much appreciated all the valuable information and the warm atmosphere around here. You have been very helpful.
I wish all the best for you and your family!
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: what is this???
« Last post by RFN6968 on April 24, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
DUde,

That is a 90' reissue,   Mine has Brass nut, Brass Bridge,  SN is under electronics cover,    I hope it sounds as good as the originals.  I have loved mine for 30 Years
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / WTB: Washburn SS80
« Last post by jvbjr on April 24, 2017, 10:24:05 AM »
Greetings,

I wish to purchase a Washburn SS80, if you have one you'd be willing to sell please contact me:  jvbjr@yahoo.com
Show Us Your Washburn / Weird Washburn Idol guitar, need to identify it!
« Last post by Bulwyf on April 23, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »
Well, i got this guitar recently, i trade it to some dude for an ltd guitar that i had before and as far as i know this is just a regular Washburn WI-66, but it has some features that i haven't seen on the previous WI-66 models that i checked out on google  that got me wondering about this guitar (i will put some pictures below)

-First, the "horn" is nothing like the regular Idol horn, it looks like more like a les paul horn

-Second, i know that there are two models of the WI-66, one with tremolo bridge (WI-66V) and one with TOM bride (WI-66PRO) and those models have their own model written on the truss rod cover, but mine only says WI-66, when in this case, being the one with the tremolo bridge it should say WI-66V.

-Third, i don't know if this has to do with it but i took out the pickups to see which pickups this guitar had, but they don't have any model engraved on the bottom, they just say "G&B CO."

-And last, this guitar doesn't have a serial number anywhere, i checked other similar models on google and all of them have their serial numbers on the back of the headstock, this one doesn't

More pics:

I really need to know what's the deal with this thing, please help me! :P

PS: I'm from south america, so my english is bad, i'm doing my best lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10