Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Information on this please
« Last post by Gitarguy on August 21, 2017, 10:49:38 PM »
It was a stock color, any chance you would sell it?
N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / Quick questions about s600 trem on my N2.
« Last post by lberlin32 on August 21, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
I've seen conflicting posts on if the EVH D-Tuna can be installed easily. Yes/no? Second question, what about larger trem blocks for sustain? Easy 1:1 replacement? Would also appreciate any recommendations on the trem block question.

Thanks!
If you want to tone down a bright trebly sound phosphur bronze is the usual suggestion.  80/20 bronze typically has a brighter, crisper tone.  The brand becomes a very personal thing.  Some folks swear by a particular brand, others less so.  John Pearse strings for example are well thought of and I've heard many comments of the JP's having a bright top end.

Monel is getting a lot of chatter these days.  Some folks love 'em, others hate 'em.  Monel is supposed to deliver a more vintage tone, somewhat like Phosphur/Bbronze but with a smoother, more balanced sound.
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: Sup!
« Last post by evenkeel on August 20, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »
Hey Ho Shiner.  Nice to see you check in.  Not been around myself in a while.  Hope you and CB are well.
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: Washburn D-32-S Date?
« Last post by evenkeel on August 20, 2017, 09:14:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum  Here is some info for you.

Serial # info.
Either the first 2 digits, or the first digit, are typically used to identify the year of manufacture.
For example, 8901827 indicate the instrument was made in 1989, 1988, or 1998. Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 or more characters are from the late 1980's-2000's
Instruments with serial numbers that have 5 characters or less are typically from the 1980's.
Instruments with serial numbers that have 4 characters are from the 1970's and early 1980's.
For instruments produced after 2010, usually the first 4 digits can indicate the year of manufacture.
There is no serial number information or tracking capability for pre-1978 models.

If the instrument does not have a serial number, it is likely a factory prototype or sample, and it is impossible to gauge its exact age.

D32 S
- Similar to D30S, except has Macassar back/sides, bound fingerboard/headstock, Macassar veneer on peghead, mfg. late 1980s-1994.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $350 - 425 $200 - 250
Last MSR was $800.

D30 S (FIRST VERSION)
- dreadnought style, solid cedar top, round soundhole, bound body, three-stripe purfling, five-stripe rosette, rosewood back/sides, mahogany neck, 14/20-fret rosewood  fingerboard with herringbone/snowflake inlay, bound headstock with three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, rosewood bridge with pearl dot white pins and bone saddle, tortoise pickguard, available in Natural finish, mfg.
1978-early 1980s.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $375 - 450 $200 - 250

So.. bets guess is your father guitar was built in 1988 (first digit of the ss#).  Value, condition depending of course is about $300-$325.
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Re: Any B10 owners out there?
« Last post by Grizzly on August 20, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
And me, picked up a 1987 blue B-10 as playable project a week ago.
Unfortunately I have found that all the wiring has been hacked about and one of the pickups is not standard and the preamp is missing so also on the look out for parts.
@todd a real shame you didn't get the old bits back as that would have been ideal for me to copy and make a new board for mine!
I'll let you know if I turn anything up that may help you out.
So if anyone has a failed B-10 preamp, I'm happy to pay the postage if you want to donate it?

Grizzly
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: Sup!
« Last post by luvmyshiner on August 20, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »
Glad to see some of the old guys are still around!  That's right Murph and Dugly, I called you old.  And that's a beautiful guitar Maple. In the olden days we would have wanted to see it on a comfy couch, but your scene looks much nicer.
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Washburn D-32-S Date?
« Last post by Acewindum on August 19, 2017, 06:57:28 PM »
My dad has a Washburn D-32-S  Serial number 84995, and I'm trying to date it for him so he can sell it.  Any help dating / pricing would be much appreciated.  It's in nearly perfect shape, minus a small scratch on the front.

Other info:
Solid Cedar top.
Solid Mahogany Neck.
Deep Grained Makassar back and sides.

(I posted this in another section, but I wasn't sure what the appropriate section is.  Thanks for your patience if I broke protocol)
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Washburn D-32-S S# 84995
« Last post by Acewindum on August 19, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »
My dad has a Washburn D-32-S  Serial number 84995, and I'm trying to date it for him so he can sell it.  Any help dating / pricing would be much appreciated.  It's in virtually perfect shape, minus a small scratch on the front.

Other info:
Solid Cedar top.
Solid Mahogany Neck.
Makassar back and sides.
It results from the Web that is full of individuals, who are seeking a working means to get free robux . Now you can update to ROBLOX Builders Club with three types of subscriptions; Standard, Turbo or Outrageous. http://freerobuxgenerator.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10