Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello and welcome.

Not sure about Idol WI64 PL..   possibly DL for deluxe.. mine is the regular WI64 mik
Man, I tell ya, its like this thing never existed.  Maybe a stripped version of the J-10 Orleans made in mid 90's?
Vintage and Rare Washburns / D60E Lexington
« Last post by robertogranelli on June 26, 2017, 01:08:04 PM »
Hello everyone.
I'm looking for some info on the above guitar.I bought it new in New York in 1994 and apart from a couple of small marks is in v.very good condition.I'm looking for a valuation on this instrument, but have found next to no info or examples for sale.Can anyone help me out.BTW I live in London England.
Thanks
Roberto
Washburn Dealers Section / WANTED: SOUTHSIDE VGA amp
« Last post by BluesHawk on June 25, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »
I'm searching for a Washburn amp, the Southside VGA. Tweed, about 15 watts. I believe it was discontinued in the 1990s. Know anyone who might want to sell one?

Thanks,

Doug
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: Help Identify My Washburn!
« Last post by Cornish Boy on June 25, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »
Hi bleeblee, bit of a guess but I favour the 1985 and built at the Kasuga plant Japan. Over the years I've had a couple of early Washies with the K prefix and they turned out to be kasuga built.
Here's a description of my "new" 1990 WI64 PL.  It's pretty unusual in my experience and I wonder how many Washburn fans are familiar with it.  BTW, I'm searching for a Washburn amp, the Southside VGA.  Anyone have one for sale?

The Washburn WI64 Electric Guitar, winner of the Guitar Player Magazine Editors' Pick Award, has exclusive features such as a wider base allowing a thinner body without balance issues. The set neck allows a slim neck joint and offers comfortable access to the upper frets. The headstock, pickguard, and pickup covers are mother of pearl; the body is sunburst mother of pearl  fading into dark brown around the edges.
Voice Contour Control (VCC),
Buzz Feiten Tuning System
and 18:1 Grover Tuners.
The WI64 is endorsed by great guitarists from bands like Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, Alkaline Trio and CMA Award Winning Rascal Flatts.

This is the first guitar  that blends warm humbucker tones with the twang of a single coil, with complete hum-cancelling.   The WI64 has a unique coil tapping system that allows players to incrementally blend between a humbucking sound and a single coil sound without the hum normally associated with single coils.  Similar to the concept of a dimmer switch but related to the tone of a guitar. Simple, stage-friendly tone controls turn the VCC knob up for a traditional humbucker sound;  turn it down for the character of a single coil.

The Buzz Feiten Tuning System is a tempered tuning formula, which uses a compensated nut and saddle to correct the inherent intonation problems of the Western tuning formula.  Fans of the system include Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Liona Boyd and Andy Summers.  Washburn is the only major guitar manufacturer to incorporate the system as a standard feature on production guitars.
I'm looking for a Southside VGA. If anyone knows someone who wants to sell one, please connect us.

Thanks,

Doug
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: 1973 W600 spruce/brazilian
« Last post by Tony Raven on June 24, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
 ::)
  • take a $200 Ministar "stick" guitar, like this --
  • stick a holey plastic body on it
  • present it as a Hi-Tech Marvel Of Futuristic Virtual Design
  • charge $2,000
;)
Hey there friends,

There is a nice used hollow body for sale locally for a good price for its condition.  The label says its a "W -1", but i cant find any info on that model?  Any of you have any experience with this series?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10