Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I think your saddle "assembly" is missing an essential piece. Do your "chicklets" sit in a molded plastic piece with 6 individual "pockets", one for each of the individual "chicklets", that fits snugly into the slot in the saddle? It looks like the chicklets are just sitting loosely in the bridge's saddle slot.

That molded plastic piece is essential for the saddle to work right... it aligns the pieces correctly and maintains the "scale" of the guitar (the distance that the strings are unsupported between the "nut" at the top of the fingerboard and the point at which the strings course over each of the chicklets). Without that piece the chicklets will not be held securely and the instrument's intonation will never be correct.

We have a forum member (Evenkeel) who has made the individual chicklets before, here is hoping he will join in on this discussion.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

Did you ever know that you're my hero???!!! (you're going to have to imagine the music in the background)

Thanks so much, Sir. I didn't even know the name.

You have a great evening!

-Ben

It is called a "chicklet saddle"...standard on some washburns, most of which are CE models.

Bob is your guy...send it to him and he can replicate the 6 pieces to your specs.

My D61SW(CE) (the guitar in my avatar) has one.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Hi everybody, great board!

I have a 1992 D10CE with a saddle unlike anything I can find.

The saddle is not like every other blade-style saddle, it is 1/4in thick, pics to follow. I haven't come across it in a "Saddle" search of the d10 board here and i'm still going through page after page of google. the parts sites Washburn recommends have yielded nothing nor the local shop or guitar center tech.

I am currently talking to Colosi (who is an awesome guy btw) to see if a custom piece can be made.

any input is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!! (somebody will probably site a page here I missed lol sorry if I missed something, I'm making a honest effort, I hope i'm making a simple mistake cause the search has been very frustrating)

Vintage and Rare Washburns / Washburn/American Cons Parlor - HELP!
« Last post by goodgina on March 24, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
Howdy folks,

Just bought this and there is no label.  It's being shipped from Washington state so I don't have it in hand yet.  I have been seen that some of these parlors have a serial/model code stamped on top of the headstock.  Is there something to look for inside?  It was advertised as a Washburn/American Conservatory.  Spruce top, Brazilian Rosewood back/sides, Mahogany neck.  It has had a ton of work including a neck reset, new ebony fretboard, bridge/bone saddle.  Whoever owned it, took pretty good care of it.

Any thoughts?  pix.sfly.com/p0R5_Yg6

Thank you!  :o

Washburn Parallaxe Series / Re: Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC
« Last post by WEBgUy on March 24, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »
That was a mistake in the specs on the website that has now been corrected. Sorry for the confusion. Most fixed bridge Washburn Parallaxe guitars will have the standard Grover 18:1 tuners.
Washburn Parallaxe Series / Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC
« Last post by Swilki on March 24, 2017, 05:51:35 AM »
Hi all.
Just thought you might like to be aware that the advertised locking tuners on the PXL10EC are in fact not locking but just standard 18:1 Grover tuners. I have asked customer service as to why the washburn website says they're locking when they're not but received no reply... Bit annoyed as love locking tuners but I love the rest of the guitar so won't send it back. Didn't have opportunity to try one first but had to order on internet.

Don't know if this is a general trend across parallaxe guitars but may be..
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: EA22 Nuno Bettencourt Platinum Edition
« Last post by YerDugliness on March 23, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
Hi friends,

I'd like to post a couple of pictures, but I can't figure out how ??  ::)
Cheers, S

Take a look in the General Discussion board for a "pinned" topic authored by our member t.y.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: My Washburn
« Last post by Mototech on March 23, 2017, 01:59:07 PM »
Look in General Discuccion, there is a pinned post on how to post pictures.
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Washburn G Junior
« Last post by greybox on March 23, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »
Okay - after much internet searching on the much loved late 80s washburns I found almost nothing on a G Junior - so I bought one. I was looking for a KC but they are either way overpriced or in horrid condition. Here is the deal with the juniors- they are full size as far as scale 25.5 (so like a les paul jr - it doesn't have anything to do with scale or skinny necks). The body does seem to be slightly smaller than a traditional strat (think jackson dinky maybe) but same thickness. The photos are of a standard strat body in comparison and an ibanez rg. Its a perfectly balanced guitar and the neck feels amazing (as most washburns do). It is a laminated hardwood body (not using the bad connotation of plywood because its not the same). The guitar has amazing natural sustain and a rather nice medium tone. I really like the guitar. The angle of the high strings (E,B) coming off the nut and slanting sharply down is the only thing I would like to change.

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/greybox00/media/jr%201_zps3svcjfzc.jpg.html

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/greybox00/media/jr%202_zps8gl2jncl.jpg.html

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/greybox00/media/jr%203_zpseb9pw9u8.jpg.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10