Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bantam Basses / Re: Features of XB 500
« Last post by edilson.manacero on June 21, 2017, 11:29:52 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Washburn forum,

I'm Ric, I own a few Bantam bass.. namely XB400, XB500, and XB600. I don't remember exactly what wood they used.. if your serial number starts with letter 'S'.. it is made by Samick Korea.. which later open a factory in Indonesia.. MEKer may know more on the Bantam series bass.  There is a Washburn bass club in Talkbass - https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-official-washburn-club-part-3.1060572/page-324#post-20150682  I'm sure someone can answer your question on bass specs.

Thank you Ric, I will enter in the Talkbass.

Edilson
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: 1973 W600 spruce/brazilian
« Last post by YerDugliness on June 21, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »
Wow... that's a cool look for an electric guitar!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: 1973 W600 spruce/brazilian
« Last post by 3dtech on June 21, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
you can see following 3d printed guitar

Bantam Basses / Re: Features of XB 500
« Last post by psp742 on June 21, 2017, 06:46:37 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Washburn forum,

I'm Ric, I own a few Bantam bass.. namely XB400, XB500, and XB600. I don't remember exactly what wood they used.. if your serial number starts with letter 'S'.. it is made by Samick Korea.. which later open a factory in Indonesia.. MEKer may know more on the Bantam series bass.  There is a Washburn bass club in Talkbass - https://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-official-washburn-club-part-3.1060572/page-324#post-20150682  I'm sure someone can answer your question on bass specs.
Bantam Basses / Features of XB 500
« Last post by edilson.manacero on June 20, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »
Hello guys, I talk from Brazil.
I bought recently a XB 500 use, and I don't have the entire information about the wood use to construct this bass.
Somebody can help with this?

Edilson.
Signature Series / Re: Washburn Dime 3 diamond plate
« Last post by Lallasa on June 19, 2017, 10:07:41 AM »
Yes Mad, it was the red one(be to honest its more brown than red) from ebay.
I am excited with the shape of the guitar,love it.
Before the guy customize the color, it was black with the silver edges.(have no idea why he change it).
Maybe later try to bring the original color back.

The guitar is a piece of art,more than happy that I have a Washburn ST in my collection.

Signature Series / Re: Washburn Dime 3 diamond plate
« Last post by madrocker on June 19, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
Congrats on the new acquisition Washy Dime stealth. I'm pretty sure you scooped the red one from Ebay which was a good deal at $300. I'm looking at the pics on that guitar and it looks to have the top notch Schaller Floyd Rose where Washburn was licenced to put their own brand on. Its the same locking trem system on the USA models. Rock that axe!!!😉
That's about consonant with Blue Book valuation if it has a decent case, so you're not getting "ripped off." Then again, you're not going to make money by flipping it, but you wouldn't lose either.

Whether it's worth buying is a matter of how well it's aged & mellowed. If it's a dream to play & sounds great, & doesn't soon need a neck reset or reglued ribs, & you appreciate that stuff, then it's a deal.
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: Help Identify My Washburn!
« Last post by Tony Raven on June 18, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »
Not a whole lot of info to be had about that particular model. Seems less common than its line mates FV-2V, FV-10V, FV-20V.

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/washburn/catalogs/early_80s_fullline/80s_full_line_pg4_web.jpg.html

http://bluebookofguitarvalues.com/Electric_Guitar_Values/Manufacturers/WASHBURN/Categories/ELECTRIC__TOUR_SERIES?id=WASHBURN_ELECTRIC_TOUR_SERIES

If it's got the tapered 3-3 headstock, it's probably Japan, Matsumoku in fact. But I think the FVs reappeared later with a hockey-stick head, which is likely Korea.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10