Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Hollowbody & Jazz Series / New J6 owner
« Last post by MiguelloJ-6 on October 14, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »
Found an older J6 blonde at a pawn shop. I was instantly drawn in by the looks, then I took it down and played it.  I was surprised by how much sound it makes, and better yet how good it sounds. I put a third of the asking price down on it, and with any luck I can go pick it up next Friday. Anyways, the serial number is below. Am I correct in thinking it is a 92?  It doesn't have the big W tailpiece, it has the bent wire style, with the art deco looking center decoration. Gold hardware and gold tuner with a flat disc cover on the back, and Washburn on each.  Very similar to the tuners I've found on Korean guitars more than a few times. knobs are gold plastic with notches cut out. It also has been modified with dual working outputs. I guess the previous owner played two amps at once? I also spotted an orange drop cap inside the body. I am hoping the pickups are upgraded too.

S/N 9205096
Yaj, I love those threads.. :D

while the Yamaki connection was sometimes overestimated, there is a very interesting japanese page that shows how some of the first Timber Ridge and Prairie Song models had a nearly 1:1 corresonding model Yamaki branded:
http://guitar.natsuya.jp/index02.html
same site with google translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://guitar.natsuya.jp/index02.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com

Beware, I think not all specs are 100% correct, those guitar are not veneer woods, but the pictures speak for themselves.
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / D10F-SB
« Last post by jdbjork on October 14, 2017, 04:29:53 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum.  I have a WD10F-SB.  I know the D10 is a dreadnought, I'm guessing SB is "Sunburst", ut what about the "F"?
HI I am really pleased with this post, you guys at the washburn forum are really helpful
I Hope this works: here is a photo of the guitar in question
thanks again Gaffers

THANKS, MINE HAS TRANSLUCENT BLACK FINISH WITH DOT INLAYS, NO SB20 ON TRUSS COVER, THE MODEL AND SERIAL ARE INSIDE OF THE PLASTIC ELECTRONICS BACK PLATE, TRYING TO POST PHOTOS BUT CANT SEEM TO GET THEM TO LOAD
i have a washburn wing sb20 serial number 191246. any ideas of the model and year of it?
N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / Re: Early N2 serial number.please help.
« Last post by Tony Raven on October 14, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »
I've never seen a seven-digit serial number on a Washburn instrument. Six or eight, sure. If the first two digits are indeed "10-" I would be more inclined to guess it at 2010.

It's highly unlikely that ANY modern Washburn instrument had 1,170 units made in a single year. Any such would likely be low-end guitars -- in other words, maybe for an N1, but probably not for an N2.

And the hardcore Nuno fans can correct me on this one, but my experience is that electric guitars from early in the run tend to have many more little problems than those from a few years down the road. If you're going to actually PLAY the N2 rather than being yet another get-rich-quick "collector," I can't say I'd recommend an early version, especially if you're going to be paying anything near (or above) Blue Book.

Oh, yeh: value. Per the Book, it might be as much as $650 in near-perfect condition (not a single swirl mark much less a scratch) & original case (also near-perfect). HOWEVER, the reality is that 99.99% of players who want an N2 already own an N2, & are happy that way, & therefore there's not much of a resale market. The "naked natural" ones can readily be found at $400 & less.
it may be necessary for a change to the wikki entry
Already done; I take my job seriously. 8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10