Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Congrats Dugly!
According to a quick research, it has a Nut width 1-3/4", that's cool for a SJ.
Cocobolo can have really nice patterns, so be sure to post some photos as soon as you have it!
And which is your favorite SJ?

(I'll have some news soon, too :D)
X Series / 2005 X Series Pro
« Last post by Cadmandu on May 27, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
Hi All,
Can you help me ID this guitar?
Ser 0c05010848

It is sunburst just says Pro on the neck plate.
Could it be a X12 QVS or a X10
Thanks
General Discussion / Re: WG26 variations
« Last post by Tony Raven on May 27, 2017, 11:34:02 AM »
Be sure to tell us what theinside wood looks like! ;D

I have to admit, it's certainly a pretty axe. The abalone (purfling & rosette) is a nice touch, but you had me at "cedar top" -- currently I own neither a Grand nor a cedar, so this is tempting... but I got to pass, even at a mere $240 all-in.

(Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but does that include a gig bag at least?)
I get a daily email from one of the online music stores and I was interested in buying a WG26S, so I went to their website to check their merchandise. I found the WG26S for a very nice price...and then I happened to look further and found a very unusual Washburn that excited me even more...a Southern Jumbo model!

Upon further investigation it became clear to me that I had to have one! My very favorite steel string guitar (not a Washburn) is a slope-shouldered "Southern Jumbo" size instrument in my favorite tonewood combination, cedar/rosewood. This WSJ60SKELITE has a solid cedar soundboard and laminate "cocobolo" sides and back. Turns out cocobolo is a very hard species of rosewood...after I found that out (it sure LOOKED like rosewood!) the GAS was too hard to resist. I have been looking for a decent camping guitar and the price was low enough (Washburn hardshell case included) that the decision was easy to make!

There WILL be a WG26S in "the crew" in a month. This SJ was just too attractively priced to pass up now...and I have VERY RARELY seen Washburn "slope shouldered" SJ models for sale.

Looks like I will need more guitar stands soon!!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Idol Series / Re: What have I bought?
« Last post by Mototech on May 27, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
Thanks for that Shaul, I have refitted the EMG's & it will be for sale shortly.

Brian.
Hi tamafan
Nice classic guitar design, surely a good player if it's in good condition.
Please post photos! And Sound samples!
I have a D-30SN second version, also MIJ which has different specs.
It 's here :
http://forums.washburn.com/index.php?topic=24624.0
General Discussion / Re: WG26 variations
« Last post by YerDugliness on May 26, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »
I see one of the online guitar dealers is offering closeouts on the WG26S. Based on your comments, I think I will contact the dealer to see if these are first quality items or "B stock". I really don't need another guitar, but I do like the smaller body styles and your recent posting about your WG26S has given me a case of GAS.

I have been good...no new guitar purchases for the past two years...so it is about time!

Thanks for your very complete review of yours, Rick!

Cheers from Dugly 8)
Signature Series / Re: Washburn Dime 3 diamond plate
« Last post by Lallasa on May 26, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
Thanks Tony for taking your time to explain everything about stealth models.

My concerns have to do about all those fake and cheep Chinese replicas which its really hard to identify especially when you buy from internet.
I will keep in mind your advice about looking for an ST model from a serious music store.

And also confused about how to identify the S/N from a ST.

I found 1 2ST series but still not sure if its original or fake. S/N --->  G04011600

Cant find any guide that can explain the numbers.

Signature Series / Re: Washburn Dime 3 diamond plate
« Last post by Tony Raven on May 26, 2017, 01:19:30 PM »
The diamond-plate version doesn't appear very often. I saw one listed with some paint cracking & corner dings, & it sold for $5,000 within two weeks.

As there's demand for this model, I warn buyers to beware of buying them. They're easy to counterfeit, & you might be handing over thousands of dollars for a China guitar (stamped MADE IN U.S.A., of course) that's not worth $200.

If you are a serious buyer, then go to a serious music store, with at least $3,000 in-hand. Ask THEM to find you one, & to guarantee it's the real thing AND there's nothing wrong with it AND it's not stolen. They'll likely demand a down-payment on the spot (some of it non-refundable should you change your mind).

What do you mean by "ST models"? The 3ST is worth double the STPRO, which is worth double the 2ST.
X Series / Re: Fretboard Radius
« Last post by Tony Raven on May 26, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »
EuroGuitar.com says the RX-10 has a 12" fretboard radius.

However, with Washburn's more popular low-end guitars, specs like that can change readily, as they tweak them mid-run, or shift production between factories or even to another country.

IMO, there's really no "X Series" except maybe the offset fretboard dots (X-10 through X-22). The X-30 & X-33 are somewhat similar, there's TWO versions of X-40, a dozen or more variants of X-50, & the Donais models. The only unifying factors are the vaguely JEM-style slimmed-Strat body shapes, 25.5" fretboard, & six-in-line tuners. Specs like radius likely vary from model to model.

There's little basis to draw parallels between series. To me, it looked like the better X models were supposed to be replaced by RX, & the cheaper end by XM, but the new owners of the company lost sight of this & set the two lines competing against each other for the whole range.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]