Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Post your thoughts on Banjos & Mandolins / B11 or B-12 what's the difference?
« Last post by Caspah on November 15, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
I have a B-12 with a damaged neck. Can I replace the neck with a neck from a different model, a B-11 for instance?
Contact Bob Colosi at www.guitarsaddles.com

Bob is the one who usually answers the phone...he's a hands-on sort of guy!

He offers bone saddles, nuts, strap buttons, bridge pins and end pins...but can also craft those items from other materials, such as fossilized walrus tusk and (my favorite) West African Hard Ivory.

While it might be easy to think Bob could just make one from scratch, he'll likely need to have your current nut in hand, so I'd recommend sending him your current plastic nut to "replicate". I say "replicate" because he'll always provide the new bone "blank" slightly oversize (this allows a tech or luthier to custom fit it to the neck) so it will need to be shaved to size and have string slots appropriate for the string gauges you use added.  The regular routine is that the customer takes the guitar to a shop tech or a luthier for those services.

His prices are reasonable.  Good luck!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

I think I have what your looking for.I will send you an email
General Discussion / Guitar neck
« Last post by andy sales on November 14, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »
Hi all, i dont suppose anyone has a washburn guitar neck for sale? Preferably an ss model but a kc/n2/ g series will do the job. Not bothered about tuners or locking nut, just the neck. UK only please. Cheers
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Washburn Force ABT B-10 nut broken
« Last post by pups on November 14, 2017, 02:38:56 AM »
Hello everyone
sorry for my bad English
I have a very old abt b-10 electric bass that has broken the nut.
where could I retrieve a compatible replacement for the instrument?
thank you all

the image url:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao_JhIHdubSkgoZYedr95TJ927RmVQ
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ? If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Bantam Basses / Re: WAshburn XB122 bad preamp
« Last post by Tony Raven on November 13, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
Photos need to be placed at some online site, from which you can import htem with an [ img ] tagset.

Anyway, speaking as an actual guitar tech 8) the kid at the GC counter is NOT an authority.

If you get a "pop" then nothing, I'd suspect a break or short first, rather than the preamp. To me, sounds like a bad battery connection across the jack.

I have no idea what an XB-122 is.  ??? The 120 ended 2004. In any case, it's likely LONG gone & there's about zero chance of a factory replacement, seeing as the company has changed hands since. For me, there's little upside to reworking a $200 instrument except for he experience.

As the (happy) owner of an XB-400 & XB-500, a downside is that the mini-pots easily sieze up due to humidity. They need a shot of something like Caig DeoxIT to have a chance of working right.
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ?
 If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Signature Series / I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo
« Last post by lukenuno on November 12, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ?
If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Washburn wa90ce nut installation
« Last post by Eprater on November 12, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
     Anyone have any recommendations as to where I should get a good bone nut? I just got this guitar in and it came with plastic nuts. Also can't find anywhere to find the specs on my nut or saddle. I don't really want to take the chance of wrong measurement. If anyone knows where to find that information that would be very helpful as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]