Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
UK Washburn Lovers Unite / Re: Ifomation please
« Last post by Discodave1 on January 20, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »
Hi i still have this guitar
If it was me, I'd first go through my workshop & round up the three standard sizes of threaded arm.

Failing that, I'd next take it to a guitar shop, & ask them to figure it out for me.

Third, go to the hardware store & spend a couple of dollars on assorted machine screws, in the approximate diameter, SAE & metric, fine & coarse threadings.

Fourth, I'd go to a machine shop & have them build me an arm that fits & is perfecty bent to my specifications.

It's very unlikely that the size is unusual, let alone weird (like tapered or something :o).
There's not many non-spammers left here ( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(), but maybe a rare LIVE HUMAN can help me out.

I was curious whether any company makes an actual guitar-type piezoelectric pickup -- that is to say, a piezo element under a saddlepiece in contact with the strings -- for violin.

Plugging piezo violin pickup into the nearest search-engine, I was surprised to be presented with a dozen CONTACT MICROPHONES designed to be stuck to either the top or the bridge. Some of them even look like the same stick-on magnetic microphones that have been around since at least the DeArmond "bug" that Reinhardt used in the early '50s.

After plowing past those, I found a few (Baggs and Barcus-Berry) that actually had a bridge... but the piezo element is sorta stuck into the middle rather than resting under the strings.

I mean,  ??? ::) :o, right?? If that is A Good Idea, then why have guitar makers been wasting so much time for so long, when they could have simply glued the piezo element to the bridge or even stuck it on the inside of the top, just like the classic mag bug??

Are there any signs of the serial number left? I am guessing around 82 or so.

An idea for a scratchplate would be brushed aluminum. That would look really cool

And I am a sucker for black with gold hardware.
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Is the Washburn RX6B any good ?
« Last post by Aplam on January 20, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »
Hey , I saved enough money for a good guitar! :D happy me! There isent a good variety of guitars available here (No Fenders or Les Pauls) People usally buy Chinese Crap and keep playing em But im not that kind of guy cause What I am interested is Metal and Electronic Rock!
I found a brand new Washburn RX6B Available for 140$ Video Is it any good for Metal and electronic Rock ? I listen to Trivium , Celldweller , Blue Stahli , Paul Udarov and  Showbox Tutuapp Vidmate some more. Im actually Looking for the guitar to sound something like This . Thank you for reading and helping me :3.
General Discussion / Re: Washburn WD7sce
« Last post by Tony Raven on January 19, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »
Unless it's an SW model, back & sides will be laminate. The WD7 specs say mahogany.
General Discussion / Re: Thoughts on Washburn?
« Last post by Chris1226 on January 18, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »
6 weeks ago I bought a used Washburn WD7SCe, they retail new for around 259.00, I really enjoy the guitar, play one!
General Discussion / Washburn WD7sce
« Last post by Chris1226 on January 18, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Hello Everyone, 6 weeks ago I purchased a used Washburn WD7sce . I really enjoy this acoustic electric guitar. I have been trying to learn of the guitar's construction.  My  research says its a solid spruce top, but what of the back and sides? I have read conflicting information.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, serial number is SC16090208, if that should help, Thank you
Donegan Series / Re: WASHBURN WG 200
« Last post by ducklife on January 18, 2019, 03:04:15 AM »
WG-200 wood you can see on the internet, there are many good woods to choose from.

fnaf
Donegan Series / Re: Washburn DD60VRFK
« Last post by ducklife on January 18, 2019, 03:00:13 AM »
I suggest you buy it, I found this product quite good.
 wings.io
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10