Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I purchased my WSJ60 about a year ago (me cedar fan) but was not bowled-over initially by the feel of the wide but thin neck, and large heavy body.  The voice did not excite me either -- it seemed loud but thin/tinny.  I loaned it to a friend, then stashed it away the case for a time...now Rediscovered &  retrieved, restrung with DAddario EXP16 coated bronze, and I'm impressed with the deep rumbly rich sound, balance and projection.  It's back in the livingroom.  I'm liking the neck better, enjoying the roominess of the 1.75" nut & accurate   Intonation.  I think the cedar top imparts a mellowing and smoothing of the voice, sounding elegant and unhurried, but not dull.   cedar tops are just unique!  I've also purchased, and play a lot , an OM styled Ibanez AVM10 with torrified solid spruce/mahogany that is a very comfortable player with splendid sound clarity and playability.  I have trimmed quite a bit of wood from the top braces of the WSJ60 to get it moving more freely, and it seems plenty strong and stable enough to tolerate this.  Glad to have resurrected & rediscovered this beauty.  Our experience (and taste?) in instruments -- and especially the wsj60 --rather similar!!  Have you tried a torrified top?
This is not a Washburn..
I'm so used to the A series that I didnt know what to think when I saw this one.
Any clues ? 6 digit serial number, what looks like a cheap tremolo, pickups are definetly replacements.
Also that work on the headstock

Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: 1995 1995 D42SW Harvest & D44SW Golden Harvest
« Last post by 6Alli on August 10, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »
Yes they are solid and perfect budget guitars. Got  one for my brother.

Regards,
Alli VMate  9Apps
 Lucky Patcher
HI Everyone! I picked up this extremely cool and im sure super rare wood advertising crate from the late 1800s. Reads:" Washburn Mandolins Guitars Banjos - best in the world". Looking for info of what what in the crate or how scarce these actually are?  actually any info would be appreciated! Came out of an old estate in Wisconsin. Image is on both sides.
General Discussion / Re: used Washburns on the market
« Last post by psp742 on August 09, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
Tony,

the Billy T black color with gold hardware and dual mini humbucker looks great.  Guitar Center has one too and i made an offer.. hope they accept.

Ric

UPDATE: GuitarCenter accepted my offer.. I guess I own a Billt T with mini humbuckers.. I believe they are maybe made in Korea but my hunch is Indonesia factory by Samick.. not China as Guitar Center claims
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Re: xb 500 bantam
« Last post by bigcity2 on August 09, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
......Can't get rid of 'um......so I'll try to communicate with it !!!

XB 500 is name of essay but couldn't anyplace find best dissertation review guitar I saw there.

I wonder if nitujoni understands what I'm trying to say ?   :o

Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Re: xb 500 bantam
« Last post by nitujoni on August 09, 2018, 01:56:51 AM »
Xb 500 bantam is a old guitar name this was old but famous on its time I had to found this guitar but couldn’t find in any place. I post my requirement this blog but didn’t found finally I found this when I was read essay on best dissertation reviews I saw an advertisement there of this guitar.
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Re: Washburn Force 8 BBR
« Last post by Adsixnine on August 08, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
++++ :o
Post your thoughts on Banjos & Mandolins / Re: B11 or B-12 what's the difference?
« Last post by WEBgUy on August 08, 2018, 03:35:38 PM »
Most of the single rod Washburn banjos can accomodate other single rod Washburn banjo necks.  If you are handy you may be able to install, but always better to take to a good, problem solving guy/girl with some history as a repairman of banjos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10